cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Giant Trees in BC

jspence1
Explorer
Explorer
The kids and I are going west this summer and would like to see some of the giant trees, any suggestions on where to see them? We're not going to have a lot of time but we are going to yellowstone and then banff. This will put us 36 hours closer to the pacific than we normally are and want to take the kids to the ocean. Vancouver island doesn't seem like a cost effective solution for a day trip and mainland options out there?
5 REPLIES 5

dennis1
Explorer
Explorer
If you want to see really big trees go to Mt Rainier National Park. Grove of the Patriots is the place to be. Trees so big even 10 people stretched with arms out will not go around the tree. Plus there are lots of them. Rival the big Redwoods.
My new DRW and camper on the truck the first time.

tahiti16
Explorer
Explorer
enblethen wrote:
This is one place that we have visited. not only large trees, but swinging bridge and walk through the tree tops(well almost)
Capilano Swing Bridge.

I agree with your daughter!!! :E :E :E
Ray, Cheryl & of course Miss Molly the four-legged child

2006 Dolphin 36' F53 V10 5 speed auto 2 slides 7.5 KW genset

paulj
Explorer II
Explorer II
A shorter loop that doesn't get you to the coast, but still gives big trees, and ferry rides to boot is:

Hwy 1 through Yoho, Glacier and Revelstoke NPs. South from Revelstoke to Nakusp (hot springs), New Denver, Nelson. Kokanee Creek Prov Park has forest similar to the coastal ones. Return via the ferry over Kootenay Lake and Hwy 3. In Cranbrook you have the choice of going north to Radium Hot Springs and Kootenay NP back to Banff, or going east on 3 directly into Alberta.

jspence1
Explorer
Explorer
enblethen wrote:
This is one place that we have visited. not only large trees, but swinging bridge and walk through the tree tops(well almost)
Capilano Swing Bridge.

Thanks! that looks amazing. I couldn't pay my youngest daughter to cross that bridge.

enblethen
Nomad
Nomad
Capilano Swing Bridge.

Bud
USAF Retired
Pace Arrow

2003 Chev Ice Road Tracker