Bucket List Trips
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Conversations

First trip--what would you do different?

I'm thinking of a solo trip from San Antonio to AK this summer, for a total of 3-4 months. Maybe leave in July so I can catch a touch of chill on the return trip. I've read a lot on this forum over the years, but I can't escape the nagging feeling th...

Oceanside CA to Borrego Springs

We will be driving a 35' Class A with toad from Oceanside CA to Borrego Springs this weekend. My question is whether to take the 78 east from Oceanside. The area of concern is between Escondido and Ramona. I utilized the search and know that we sh...

Doin_it by Explorer
  • 5 replies
  • 0 likes

rv to alaska----- campground reservations

My wife and I plan to rv to Alaska this summer. I have questions about making campground reservations. How do I make reservations if I am not sure exactly what day I might arrive? Driving from Houston, TX and not exactly sure of the trip length and c...

cfin1964 by Explorer
  • 16 replies
  • 0 likes

SR 8 (Denali Highway)

I'm planning to take the Denali Highway (SR8) from south of Paxson over to Denali NP this summer rather than going through Fairbanks. What is your experience with it? I also understand there are a couple of BLM areas for camping along that route.

UTAH Hwy 89, 12 and 24

This coming early summer, I would like to explore the central part of Utah. I am familiar with Highway 89. I would like to travel Highway 12 and 24 and I am looking for your input on the following.* Attractions to see and explore* RV parks for big ri...

pjcnlv by Explorer
  • 27 replies
  • 0 likes

Rabies vaccination document question?

Hey Everyone,We are headed up to BC for a short visit tomorrow. Unfortunately our puppy sitter got called out of town. So, it looks like our Golden Retriever will be coming with us.I looked on the Canada Customs site and found the following:The rabie...

getting to Arches/Canyonlands from Florida

We have pulled our 5200lb trailer with our V8 Trailblazer over 40,000 miles so far. Now we are going back west to hit what we missed. We have to choose to either go over Monarch Pass etc., or backtrack from Pueblo CO (must go there) back into NM, a...

Timeking by Explorer
  • 8 replies
  • 0 likes

Best wireless carriers in Vancouver Island

We want to buy a pre-paid SIM for calls and data when we get to Vancouver Island. We will be around Duncan, Port Alberni, Tofino and Nanaimo.Which one has the best coverage for those places?Also, in case you know - what kind of SIM card they offer: m...

Another question about Florida turnpikes

This question might have been asked before so sorry if I missed it.On our long trip from Bullhead City to Florida this year we will be traveling on Florida's turnpikes. I have heard of you all speaking of Sunpass so I pulled it up. When ordering the ...

Lancaster visit?

Now that folks have given us answers about how to get to Gettysburg from Cherry Hill RV park, we are thinking about hitting Lancaster first. If we do decide to do this, how should we access Lancaster and still avoid the tunnels in Baltimore, skinny ...

RVcrazy by Explorer
  • 16 replies
  • 0 likes

Tofino/Ucluelet or Port McNeill/Campbell River?

We are finalizing out trip to Vancouver Island this year. However, we are still not sure if we should go to Tofino/Ucluelet or Port McNeill/Campbell River. Any ideas?Where we will have more things to do?I'm having a hard time getting a campground tha...