cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Going North on 101 From Tillamook Need Advice Where 2 Stay

Just_Lee
Explorer
Explorer
Best laid plans... We are on the first leg of a major trip clockwise trip around the US and have hit a snag....

We did not take into account the fact that schools do not start until after Labor Day up here. Just about everything up here is Booked..

We will be leaving Tillamook Sunday morning. There are a few State Parks we will try along with suggestions from ya'll

I need help on where we can stay. We are small and can boondock anywhere problem is finding places that it is OK to stay. ie; Parking Lots, Churches, Hospitals, places of business etc.

Thanks for your time.....
2004 Meridian towing 96 Tracker
If you don't stand behind our TROOPS feel free to stand in front of them during a fire fight

In God We Trust ALL Others pay CASH
15 REPLIES 15

ktmrfs
Explorer
Explorer
Hint:

try the tillamook county parks. they take reservations, but are NOT on reserve america so often they have sites available.

PM me if you want a couple of my favorites.
2011 Keystone Outback 295RE
2004 14' bikehauler with full living quarters
2015.5 Denali 4x4 CC/SB Duramax/Allison
2004.5 Silverado 4x4 CC/SB Duramax/Allison passed on to our Son!

rhagfo
Explorer III
Explorer III
Bigdog wrote:
I just tried several campgrounds from cannon beach north to above Seaside and was told that this coming weekend is the Hood to the Shore relay race and that there are very few sites available up there. We're in friends, cancellation, and will be going back to Pacific City tuesday, another cancellation, and then to McMinnville for the weekend, still another cancellation. Been pretty lucky as all our stays were possible because of cancellations.

Yes, last week of August Hood to Coast and Portland to Coast relays (runners/walkers) I under there are now 1,200 12 person teams slowed for H2C, all arriving in Seaside Saturday, is just a bit crazy!!!
Myself eight time participant.
Russ & Paula the Beagle Belle.
2016 Ram Laramie 3500 Aisin DRW 4X4 Long bed.
2005 Copper Canyon 293 FWSLS, 32' GVWR 12,360#

"Visit and Enjoy Oregon State Parks"

Bigdog
Explorer
Explorer
I just tried several campgrounds from cannon beach north to above Seaside and was told that this coming weekend is the Hood to the Shore relay race and that there are very few sites available up there. We're in friends, cancellation, and will be going back to Pacific City tuesday, another cancellation, and then to McMinnville for the weekend, still another cancellation. Been pretty lucky as all our stays were possible because of cancellations.
GO COUGARS
2001 Tradewinds 7390 LTC
330 Cat Turbo Freightliner Chassis
2011 Jeep Liberty(toad)

'88 Mustang 5 Spd 5.0L GT convertible (not Toad)

Roy_Lynne
Explorer
Explorer
If your coming into WA there are a few nice RV campgrounds that possibly have openings. I would try Westport and Long Island. I would certainly try Cape Disappointment State Park, you might be able to find a dry site, as they have some that are first come first serve. Its a wonderful camp and going on a Sunday might help.

stickdog
Explorer
Explorer
djgarcia wrote:
Just Lee wrote:
Best laid plans... We are on the first leg of a major trip clockwise trip around the US and have hit a snag....

We did not take into account the fact that schools do not start until after Labor Day up here. Just about everything up here is Booked..

We will be leaving Tillamook Sunday morning. There are a few State Parks we will try along with suggestions from ya'll

I need help on where we can stay. We are small and can boondock anywhere problem is finding places that it is OK to stay. ie; Parking Lots, Churches, Hospitals, places of business etc.

Go to RV Circle Creek RV Park in Seaside. The RV park is about 1/2 south of the town of Seaside on your left hand side. They have full hook sites as well as a large dry camping field if the full sites are full. Ask for Sharon 503-738-6070. Tell her Dick referred you. The KOA by Fort Stevens State park is a zoo and has outrageous prices IMHO:) Those of you who love KOA parks and feel they meet your needs, thats great. Don't get your feelers upset with my choice.:):)

+1 That's where we sent folks when we volunteered at Haystack Rock.
9-11 WE WILL NEVER FORGET!
FULLTIME SINCE 2010
17 DRV MS 36rssb3
17 F350 King Ranch CC DRW 4x4 6.7 4:10 B&W hitch
John
โ€œA good traveler has no fixed plans, and is not intent on arriving.โ€ Lao Tzu

MarkTwain
Explorer
Explorer
Just Lee wrote:
Yes North......... Not necessarily boon docking just places that don't charge a arm and a leg..... AKA KOA

KOA by Fort Lewis State Park was charging $60 per night 2 weeks ago:(:(

2gypsies1
Explorer
Explorer
Since you're leaving Sunday, do so early morning when folks are checking out from the weekend. I'll bet you'll find a site in one of the state parks. You didn't say approximately where you want to end up at that night. That would help. You're almost out of Oregon so are you driving the coast of Washington?
Full-Timed for 16 Years
.... Back in S&B Again
Traveled 8 yr in a 40' 2004 Newmar Dutch Star Motorhome
& 8 yr in a 33' Travel Supreme 5th Wheel

Just_Lee
Explorer
Explorer
Yes North......... Not necessarily boon docking just places that don't charge a arm and a leg..... AKA KOA
If you don't stand behind our TROOPS feel free to stand in front of them during a fire fight

Us_out_West
Explorer
Explorer
rr2254545 wrote:
OP which way are you heading north or south

Thread title says going North.
Our Trip Journal

2012 Jayco Pinnacle (View)
36 KitchenPantryTripleSlide
MorRyde pin box and suspension, Curt Q24, Dual Pane windows, Auto Levelers, 2 AC's,and more.

2009 Silverado 3500HD 4X4 (View)
CC, Dura-Max 6.6/Allison,LB ,DRW,Amer. Tank 65 gal. Aux Fuel

rr2254545
Explorer
Explorer
OP which way are you heading north or south
2012 Winnebago Journey 36M Cummins 360
2014 Jeep Cherokee
492 Campgrounds,107K miles driven in our Winnebago motor homes and 2360 nights camping since we retired in July 2009, 41 National Parks

MarkTwain
Explorer
Explorer
Boon docking along the Oregon coast--
I am not aware of any location that you can boondock(if you mean free) along the total Oregon coast. Have been travel the Oregon Coast for 15 yrs. But I also do not try to boondock. Dry camping ( with a lesser fee than the full site hook ups) is about the best you are going to find as far as I know.

Just_Lee
Explorer
Explorer
Thanks so much for the ideas....

paulj
Explorer II
Explorer II
I'd also look into forest service campgrounds, in the coast mountains.

Years ago I camped at Hebo Lake in a small rental car.

MarkTwain
Explorer
Explorer
Just Lee wrote:

Go to RV Circle Creek RV Park in Seaside. The RV park is about 1/2 south of the town of Seaside on your left hand side. They have full hook sites as well as a large dry camping field if the full sites are full. Ask for Sharon 503-738-6070. Tell her Dick referred you. The KOA by Fort Stevens State park is a zoo and has outrageous prices IMHO:) Those of you who love KOA parks and feel they meet your needs, thats great. Don't get your feelers upset with my choice.:):)