cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Hello I am looking for campgrounds in the Niagara Falls area

Sammieb
Explorer
Explorer
I am looking for a nice campground in the Niagara Falls area it can be on either side. I would like full hookup I would appreciate any information or ideas. Thanks in advanced
10 REPLIES 10

dieharder
Explorer
Explorer
We preferred to stay away from it all in Medina, NY at the KOA and drive in to the Falls area. Real nice and quiet campground with FHU. We like the US side of the falls much better since you can get much closer.
1999 Itasca Sunrise

sdianel_-acct_c
Explorer
Explorer
We liked Branches of Niagara. Short drive to the falls.
Lonny & Diane
2004 Country Coach Allure 33' "Big Blue"
Towing 2008 Chev Colorado 4x4
Semper Fi

billb1
Explorer
Explorer
I live in the area (on the Canadian side) and my personal favorite is Riverside Riverside as it is on the Niagara River and the Niagara Parkway about a 15 minute drive from the falls. If you do not want to drive then the KOA on Lundy's Lane is my next pick.

Parking is expensive around the falls in July/August and I recommend using the WEGO bus system to get to the major tourist attractions. There is a BIG parking lot South of the falls just off of the Niagara Parkway at Upper Rapids Blvd. and a free shuttle from there to the falls themselves.

If you want to tour the major attractions along the river look at the Niagara Parks Adventure Pass which (last summer) included The Fury, Journey Behind the Falls, White Water Walk and the Maid of the Mist. The list varies a bit from summer to summer so you may want to take a look at their web site Niagara Parks later in the year. Right now it only is showing the winter items.

Hope you enjoy your visit.
BillB
2000 Dodge Ram Quad Cab 1 Ton Diesel, 4.10 axle w/limited slip, auto trans.
2000 Real Lite Truck Camper

loulou57
Explorer
Explorer
sorry double post

loulou57
Explorer
Explorer
Why I asked when you were going is that July is the busiest time so I would get a reservation as soon as possible.

If there is a campground with a shuttle service to the main attractions of Niagra Falls it would be great. Depending on what you are driving, parking is always an issue. It is expensive and if you have a large RV you travel in it is going to be very hard. I have never been to the US side of the falls to stop, just drive through so I have no idea what is offered there.

Sammieb
Explorer
Explorer
Probably late July early august

Uppercrust
Explorer
Explorer
We stayed on the New York side at the Lewiston KOA.
2012 F250 CC,FX4, Metallic blue/Silver
2012 Cruiser Patriot 345RF ๐Ÿ™‚ campers mom, dad
19 yr. old son
22 yr. old daughter
Diesel R.I.P.
Lady lab mix 16 R.I.P
Daisy beagle/collie
Misty shepard/husky
Camper's Have Smore Fun
14.5 Rallies
sleepovers 3

FC
Explorer
Explorer
Our favorite campground in Niagara Falls is the koa on Lundys lane on the Canadian side. It's very family friendly and it's the closest campground to the falls. You can catch a city bus in front of the koa to take you right to the falls. Lots of kids activities and indoor and outdoor pools.
The eh Canada dinner show is right in front of the koa and is very entertaining.
Marineland and Niagara on the lake and the local wineries are also recommended.
2003 Georgetown 346DS Ford F-53
2008 Pontiac G6 Toad, Blue Ox Aventa LX
Vice President Operations Family Campers & RVers
www.fcrv.org

2oldman
Explorer II
Explorer II
Niagara posts
"If I'm wearing long pants, I'm too far north" - 2oldman

loulou57
Explorer
Explorer