cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New Mexico 39/120 through Roy

padredw
Nomad
Nomad
Just an interesting alternative. I have traveled over this many years ago, but not pulling a 34' fifth-wheel. It may have changed either for good or bad over these years. I'm interested in actual local knowledge about this route. I am not looking for better ways. I know several of them, just to update my knowledge of this route down to I-40 from Springer.
4 REPLIES 4

padredw
Nomad
Nomad
Thanks, NM Driver! Not sure I will take that route, but good to know in case I need to.

NMDriver
Explorer
Explorer
Two years since I went from Wagon Mound to Logan (120 & 39). I was pulling a boat and do not remember any problems...or traffic. The Canadian River canyon and dropping off the mesa top east of Mosquero was the only real change in elevation. Checking the NM DOT site there is no construction shown.
5er/2500Duramax/18ftBoat

padredw
Nomad
Nomad
Thanks, Tim and Susan, that is exactly the way I remember it. As you note, I am hoping someone may have an update. Thanks.

timandsusan
Explorer
Explorer
Years ago while going to Philmont Scout Ranch from San Antonio, we traveled 39/56/412 from Logan to Springer. At that time, no traffic, two lane road, no real towns, nice scenery, typical NM ranch country with the road going up the hills and down over the bridges over washes. I would not hesitate to pull my 38 foot 5th wheel over that route but would not expect to make great time. Hope someone else has current info for you.