cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Orlando FL to Albany NY

MobileBasset
Explorer
Explorer
Brand new RVer with a brand new 26 ft class C (Itasca Spirit 25B). I have completed one 4 day trip in FL with my 2 Basset Hounds and will be doing the same monthly to develop our RV legs. Also planning my first long trip for next summer to go from my home in Orlando to visit my sister south of Albany. I have no time constraints. I got as far as the southern end of the Blue Ridge Parkway when the Federal Govt shut down so my researching is impacted. Would love to know what the routes are that you prefer for this trip.
MobileBasset
2014 Itasca Spirit 25B on Chevy Express 3500 chassis
Daisy and Hank the Basset Hounds
7 REPLIES 7

Passin_Thru
Explorer
Explorer
I'd take whatever route you wnat to get to the Blue Ridge then when finished cut eat to Rt 29-Rt 15, go to Harrisburg and get on 581 East to I 83 N to I 81 N to I 88 at Binghampton NY. Have great trip. I woul'nt try 2 lanes in Pa or NY. They are meant for horse and buggies.

jgolden
Explorer
Explorer
You would get off I-88 at Schoharie exit head south ( turn to the right off the exit) go few miles (just past the "Carrot Barn farm store") turn left onto rt 443 15 miles to Berne. If you are going past the hamlet of Berne (where the school is ) be aware there is a tight right hand turn as you follow 443 where it intersects with rt 156. No big problem but take your time.
2016 Newmar BayStar Sport Ford F53 chassis down sized from :2001 Newmar MountainAire 350Cummins ISC,Spartan, 2015 GMC Terrain

MobileBasset
Explorer
Explorer
Thanks for the input. I like the 81 to 88 suggestions. I am going to Berne NY so will exit 88 before Schenectady . After doing a section of the Blue Ridge Parkway I'll be able to stray off 81 for any side trips I select.
MobileBasset
2014 Itasca Spirit 25B on Chevy Express 3500 chassis
Daisy and Hank the Basset Hounds

2hams
Explorer
Explorer
Agree with above - I81 to I88. We also like US 15 north of Harrisburg but that puts you further west. Good if you want to see Corning glass museum.
2019 Grand Design Solitude 310GK
2019 GMC Denali 3500 D/A SRW

tomkaren13
Explorer
Explorer
If you decide to use I-81 I would continue on I-81 all the way to Bingingham NY, then take I-88 to Schenectady. I90 from I-88 to first Albany exit is free.

Of course I don't know how far south of Albany you are going. That may change my routing for you.

sdianel_-acct_c
Explorer
Explorer
From the Blue Ridge Parkway, I'd go I-81 with stops to see Skyline Drive (we stayed at the Luray KOA) in Virginia and Harper's Ferry in WV (we also stayed at the KOA). To avoid NYC, stay on I-81 through Scranton PA, then take I-84 east to Newburgh NY. There is a KOA in Newburgh that is very nice and they have a bus tour into NYC or you can drive to the train station in Beacon NY and take the train into the city. Another side trip would be into WV to see New River Gorge. There is a COE park we like in Summersville WV on US19.
Lonny & Diane
2004 Country Coach Allure 33' "Big Blue"
Towing 2008 Chev Colorado 4x4
Semper Fi

JimFromJersey
Explorer
Explorer
Are you looking for scenery and side trips, or speed? If you're in no hurry, there are dozens of ways to go north and see the sights, staying off the interstates like 95 and 81. Two that I would use if I wanted to see the sights are US 301 or US 17. I'm sure there are others farther inland as well, but I'm not familiar with them, so I'll let others chime in.
Always remember, you're a unique individual. Just like the other 7 billion people on the planet...