cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Rt 9 VT / NH?

mbopp
Explorer
Explorer
This summer we're headed to Freedom NH from Albany NY. Mapquest & Good Sam routes us across Rt 9 through Vermont and New Hampshire.
It looks like a slow but scenic drive, or is there another route that would be better?
2017 Grand Design Imagine 2650RK
2019 F250 XLT Supercab
Just DW & me......
7 REPLIES 7

BillMFl
Explorer
Explorer
We Cant Wait wrote:
RT9 is no real issue, can't remember the number of times I dragged a 53' semi trailer over that route, good road, only a couple of hard/short climbs, number of places to stop and enjoy the ride.

Thanks for the info. I saw that it was colored as ok in my trucker atlas but good to hear. Last year I wasn't sure I would clear the low overpass on 209 in Port Jervis but we squeaked thru.
Order is illusion. Chaos is reality. But right or wrong I'm still the captain. 🙂

We_Cant_Wait
Explorer
Explorer
RT9 is no real issue, can't remember the number of times I dragged a 53' semi trailer over that route, good road, only a couple of hard/short climbs, number of places to stop and enjoy the ride.

BillMFl
Explorer
Explorer
sapboiler wrote:
Thats how I go to Maine but look at I90 see if that might work rt 9 is VERY mountainous but beautiful

Next week I plan on going from Troy thru Brattleboro, Keene, Concord and on to Boothbay, Me. Have not used this route before. My alternate route would be up to St Johnsbury and then Rt 2. Its longer but I have used it before. Any tips on your route?
Order is illusion. Chaos is reality. But right or wrong I'm still the captain. 🙂

bobjogone
Explorer
Explorer
You can also go up 93 from Concord to route 25 across by the lakes.

while you're there, make sure you go up and do the Kancamangus Highway and the White Mountains

mbopp
Explorer
Explorer
agwill wrote:
Rt9 is the most direct route and not a bad ride one kind of long hill but take your time and you will be ok. All the other routes will take you way out of the way.

Yeah, kinda what I figured. But since I traded my Envoy on the EB pulling uphill isn't an issue anymore.:)
2017 Grand Design Imagine 2650RK
2019 F250 XLT Supercab
Just DW & me......

agwill
Explorer
Explorer
Rt9 is the most direct route and not a bad ride one kind of long hill but take your time and you will be ok. All the other routes will take you way out of the way.
al

sapboiler
Explorer
Explorer
Thats how I go to Maine but look at I90 see if that might work rt 9 is VERY mountainous but beautiful