cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Terminology - 2 way and 3 way?

Flapper
Explorer
Explorer
I see this in a number of campsite descriptions for Nova Scotia and PEI. Any clarification? A way to park, or the number of utilities?
2012 F150 Eco, 4x4, SCrew, Max Tow, HD Payload
2017 Grand Design Imagine 2670MK
11 REPLIES 11

Flapper
Explorer
Explorer
Thanks spud1957! Your note is as diffitive as it can get.

spud1957
Explorer
Explorer
Flapper wrote:
From some sources, it is described as having a central utility spot, and the campers park such that they can all use it. ( 2 share, or 3 share) But then others seem to think it means water/elect vs water/sewer/elect.

I would hate to make all my reservations and then find I can't get all the hookups I thought I was reserving....hence trying to get clarification!

I am from PEI.

No!! It is not 2 share, or 3 share. It IS water/electric and water, electric, and sewer.

Never heard of the share thing.
2018 F350 6.7 4x4 CCSB
2022 GD Reflection 337 RLS

SideHillSoup
Explorer
Explorer
accsys wrote:
The only place we have seen those terms used to describe a campsite was in Canada where they referred to electric and water as two-way and add sewer for three-way as others have said here.

Not in my neck of the woods up here in western Canada ( British Columbia) we call it
- No services
- Power
- Water and power
- Full hook up.
And usually the outfit that is renting you a site, will list the amps 15, 30 and 50, and if they donโ€™t list the power amps, you can usually bet itโ€™s 15 amp when not advertised. And those campgrounds are usually mom and pop operations or old campgrounds.
The only two way and three way I know when talking about camping / Rving is with RV fridges types.
Soup.
2018 Northern Lite 8-11 EX Dry Bath
2017 Sierra SLE, 3500 HD / 4x4 / Duramax with a 6 speed Allison Trans
Torklift Super Hitch 20K, 48" Super Truss, front and rear frame mounted tie downs
Fast Gun Long Range SS Turnbuckles, Fast Gun locks

Flapper
Explorer
Explorer
JaxDad wrote:
From the website for a wonderful c/g in PEI Iโ€™ve been to several times;

โ€œThe 3-way sites offer sewer, 30 amp electricity, and water. The 2-way sites offer 15 amp electricity and water.โ€

Currently looking at PEI options - what campground?

JaxDad
Explorer III
Explorer III
From the website for a wonderful c/g in PEI Iโ€™ve been to several times;

โ€œThe 3-way sites offer sewer, 30 amp electricity, and water. The 2-way sites offer 15 amp electricity and water.โ€

accsys
Explorer
Explorer
The only place we have seen those terms used to describe a campsite was in Canada where they referred to electric and water as two-way and add sewer for three-way as others have said here.
John & Doris
Doris and Robbies Blogs
2017 Cedar Creek Cottage 40 CCK
FMCA F380583, PA, Good Sams

Crowe
Explorer
Explorer
I see this in a number of campsite descriptions for Nova Scotia and PEI. Any clarification? A way to park, or the number of utilities?

Call or email them and ask.

I may not have gone where I intended to go, but I think I have ended up where I needed to be

Douglas Adams

[purple]RV-less for now but our spirits are still on the open road. [/purple]

Flapper
Explorer
Explorer
From some sources, it is described as having a central utility spot, and the campers park such that they can all use it. ( 2 share, or 3 share) But then others seem to think it means water/elect vs water/sewer/elect.

I would hate to make all my reservations and then find I can't get all the hookups I thought I was reserving....hence trying to get clarification!

JaxDad
Explorer III
Explorer III
Itโ€™s an East Coast term, a โ€œcampsiteโ€ is just that, a place to park only. They then say if thereโ€™s electricity available, or two-way if electricity and water, three-way if thereโ€™s sewer available also.

SidecarFlip
Explorer III
Explorer III
There is also 'NO WAY.........
2015 Backpack SS1500
1997 Ford 7.3 OBS 4x4 CC LB

donn0128
Explorer II
Explorer II
Two way I assume would mean water and electricity only. Three way would then mean full hookups. But of course there is no way to figure out the amps of service.