cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Trip out west

big_murph_279
Explorer
Explorer
The wife and I were talking today and I think we are going to plan a trip out west next year. We live in North Carolina. I would like to se the Grand Canyon and anything else that would be good for a 4 and 9 year old. We need some ideas of things to do and places to stay so that we can start planning the trip and the budget. Thanks in advance.
18 REPLIES 18

big_murph_279
Explorer
Explorer
We are teachers, so it would be in the summer months. We can take a month or so if money allows. That is why I need some ideas. Then I need to look at the budget to see about time.

Allworth
Explorer II
Explorer II
Yellowstone!

If I had to choose with small children, I would go to Yellowstone rather than the Canyon.

(I have whitewater rafted the length of the Canyon and have spent weeks at Yellowstone so I am more than familiar with both.)

Kids will be much more interested in geysers, buffalo and bears than in a hole in the ground, no matter how impressive to adults.
Formerly posting as "littleblackdog"
Martha, Allen, & Blackjack
2006 Chevy 3500 D/A LB SRW, RVND 7710
Previously: 2008 Titanium 30E35SA. Currently no trailer due to age & mobility problems. Very sad!
"Real Jeeps have round headlights"

Lauren
Explorer
Explorer
There are lots of us out here who would be more than willing to help and have a lot of experience with all kinds of places and things to do and places to stay.

It would help us to help you if you would let us know a little of your timeframe (time of year, how much time available out here, interests, etc).

Personally, I could fill a couple months at least for you! 🙂
Barbara-DW 55 years
Sadie-"Aussie" Terrier
06 Mobile Suites 32TK3
06 Chev 3500 4x4 Dmax
20 yrs PT RVing - 190 RV parks; some many times

ksg5000
Explorer
Explorer
Last time I went to grand Canyon I hit Zion and some of the other Utah parks, Monument Valley, Mesa Verde, Dinosaur Natl Park and a host of other places I can't recall off the top of my head ... depends on how much time you have ... lots to see.
Kevin