cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Trip to Quebec

TonyOCKy
Explorer
Explorer
My wife and I are planning to visit Montreal and Quebec City this July. Any traveling tips or tips on RV parks there? We're towing a 30' TT. We are also undecided whether or not to take the scenic route 132 around the Mont Chic Chocs or visit the Finger Lakes in New York instead. Any info on that region would be most welcome.
2004 F150 V8 Triton & Rockwood Ultra Lite 2408WS
Louisville, Kentucky
25 REPLIES 25

TonyOCKy
Explorer
Explorer
Well, they do celebrate it in Annapolis.
Louisville, Kentucky

John___Angela
Explorer
Explorer
Bastille day. 🙂 Wrong country, wrong side of the world. Innocent mistake though. 🙂
2003 Revolution 40C Class A. Electric smart car as a Toad on a smart car trailer
Life is not measured by the number of breaths we take but rather by the moments that take our breath away.

TonyOCKy
Explorer
Explorer
Sidney,

Thanks for the invite. Would have replied sooner but the park has been having internet outages. Seems to happen after 10:00pm when the staff close the office. Hmmm? Somebody powering down the router?

Anyway, Connie's been having knee problems so we ditched the biking idea. We're almost at the end of our trip and have seen most of what we want in the old town. Today we're off to tour the Ile D'Orleans.
Louisville, Kentucky

wilber1
Explorer
Explorer
St Jean Baptiste Day is the big one in Quebec. Usually in late June around the 24th. Don't get caught without a reservation that weekend.
"Never trust a man who has not a single redeeming vice" WSC

2011 RAM 3500 SRW
2015 Grand Design Reflection 303RLS

SidKaye
Explorer
Explorer
TonyOCKy wrote:
Hi Sidney,

I have to admit that we are not the cyclists you probably imagine. We have two folding bikes that we use to get around locally, no more than about 6 or 7 miles round trip. We will be arriving at the KOA July 8th and will be staying until July 15th. I do hope there will be celebrations of some sort for Bastille Day.

Hi Tony, No celebration for Bastille day BUT the International Fireworks Competition is underway. Saturday July 12th Spain well present their show. There are many locations on the South Shore where you can watch...for FREE.

We are on site around the corner from you so, if you like I can fill you in on some ways to maximize your bike ride adventure.

BTW Free hi speed wifi is available just up the road at Tim Horton's should you need it.

The "just for Laughs Festival" begins on July 12th is FREE and accessible by the Metro and is ALWAYS FUN!!:B

Sidney
2003 Dodge Ram 3500 SLT,48RE, 4:10,Cummins HO Diesel,Quad Cab,LWB,SRW,PacBrake,Prodigy, X-Monitor Gauges,Line-X,Bedsaver

2002 Excel,Ltd,30RGW,Hughes Autoformer,Honda Eu1000i, ClearSpot 4G+,

http://www.kayepics.com

CueSee
Explorer
Explorer
Bastille Day? LOLOL
QueSee

http://coldjosh.nstemp.com/index.html

Orion
Explorer
Explorer
I do hope there will be celebrations of some sort for Bastille Day.

I doubt whether many Quebecers would even know what Bastille Day was, let alone celebrate it. That would be like the Americans celebrating the Queens Birthday or the Battle of Waterloo! 🙂
Sometimes I sit and think deep thoughts. other times, I just sit!

TonyOCKy
Explorer
Explorer
Hi Sidney,

I have to admit that we are not the cyclists you probably imagine. We have two folding bikes that we use to get around locally, no more than about 6 or 7 miles round trip. We will be arriving at the KOA July 8th and will be staying until July 15th. I do hope there will be celebrations of some sort for Bastille Day.
Louisville, Kentucky

SidKaye
Explorer
Explorer
TonyOCKy wrote:
Thanks again for the update, Sidney. Yes, we will be taking our bikes and look forward to cycling around both cities as they have a reputation as being so bike friendly.

Hi Tony, if you wish to contact me when you will be at the KOA, we would be happy to do a ride or two with you and show you around.
We just returned from 32 day trip in Europe and will be heading up to Montreal soon.
Expect to be at our campground around June 15th until end of September.

Sidney
2003 Dodge Ram 3500 SLT,48RE, 4:10,Cummins HO Diesel,Quad Cab,LWB,SRW,PacBrake,Prodigy, X-Monitor Gauges,Line-X,Bedsaver

Copper_Penny
Explorer
Explorer
the Quebec city KOA is actually quite nice and not any noise it is down a hill and far enough from the highway. it has easy access to the city also, we like it when we went and would go back for sure.

Denis, Linda, Jennifer & Monte (Shih-Poo)

2010 Ford F-150 Lariat,6.5'box,4WD,5.4L, Max tow package,3.73 Gears,11,100 tow capacity.
2007 Kodiak 21QS Queen Bed solid rear slide,4000lbs,gvwr 6000lbs
Husky Weight Distribution Hitch.

CueSee
Explorer
Explorer
Don't know about Montréal but here in Q-City, literally hundreds of kilometers of paved bike trails. You can bike out to the Montmorency Falls from the city also one sweet run is leaving from the ferry landing on either side and ride out to an cross the old bridge and back to the ferry on the other side,,,42 km, 26 miles p'haps?
QueSee

http://coldjosh.nstemp.com/index.html

TonyOCKy
Explorer
Explorer
Thanks again for the update, Sidney. Yes, we will be taking our bikes and look forward to cycling around both cities as they have a reputation as being so bike friendly.
Louisville, Kentucky

SidKaye
Explorer
Explorer
TonyOCKy wrote:
Thanks for that great info, Sidney. I'll book the KOA.

How long is your trip?

We stay about 1/2 mile from KOA and this will be our 11th season at the park.

If you enjoy bicycle riding you should really bring your bikes as there are MANY dedicated bike paths in the area. As well Quebec City.

We ride into Montreal on bikes and it is a GREAT way to experience the area.

Any ???? just ask.
BTW, there is a Costco just up the road as well as Supermarkets etc.

Sidney

soos
Explorer II
Explorer II
IA boy wrote:
We stayed across the river in Levis, drove to ferry terminal, ferry dropped you off right in old Quebec City. Would love to go back again.

thats what we did too.
OP,you say you are learning French? study hard. None of the road signs are in English and with all the construction going on, it was a bit stressful navigating,
Sue
soos-ontheroad.blogspot.com
Fulltiming since 2009
2012 Mobile Suites 36 TKSB4 pulled by a
2011 Ford F450
2005 Lance 1181 TC- our Vacation Home