cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Where to stay near Dallas in 5th wheel

lpierce1029
Explorer
Explorer
I'm going to a 3 day event near the DFW airport, and would like to take the fiver. Thanks for any advice.
6 REPLIES 6

4huskers
Explorer
Explorer
Traffic shouldn't anymore trouble than normal. The airport connector project is done north of the airport. Make sure to try Bartley's BBQ; it doesn't look like much, but the food is great. I live 12 miles from the airport and you're welcome to PM me with any questions.

garyp4951
Explorer III
Explorer III
Thanks,the Vinyard sounds like the best choice, and close to the event I'm attending.

1971duster340
Explorer
Explorer
Treetops Resort had been our camping spot, then we stayed at Cedar Hill State Park last Oct. I liked it for it's country, state park atmosphere even tho it's surrounded by the megatropolis. It's 20 mi. from DFW.

http://www.tpwd.state.tx.us/state-parks/cedar-hill/fees-facilities/campsites
Greg
N5LFH
2007 Chariot

More_To_See
Explorer
Explorer
X3
It seems that you will be nearby while in Dallas, but one time we were at the Vineyards camped down along the lake and had to move up to a space on higher ground due to water rising. Don't know if this is a common happening there or not but it was not a particularly rainy day.
95 Winnebago Vectra 34 (P30/454)

hbillsmith
Explorer
Explorer
There is a but load of freeway construction in the area. I concur that the Grapevine site is by far your best bet.
Wildcat2016-295rsx GMC2015-2500HD-DblCab D'max/Allisn+4x4 6.6'Bed
Maxxis235/80/16E;Andersen Ultimate2+4"offset;Airlft1 WirelessComp;GroundCtrl3;MorRyde RubbPinBox+CRE3000;3-Slidecovrs;Champion3100w/DIY ExtndRun;10'Portabote+5hp;Furrion48cam
Visited States

4huskers
Explorer
Explorer
Vineyards in Grapevine is your closest and probably best choice. Only a few miles from the airport. Nice, but I think overpriced.