cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

2014-2015 AZ. Snowbird Park recomendations

usnret
Explorer
Explorer
My wife and I have stayed the last two seasons in Florida at Adelaide Shores RV resort (LINK). We will be hosting at a campground in Madras,Oregon this summer so we thought it would be a good idea to stay out west for the 2014-2015 winter season. If you have any RV Resort recommendations for AZ we would sure like for you to share them with us.

Thanks
USNRET
Jim & Judy
2009 Ram 3500 Dually LB
2011 Cardinal 3425RT
The Meandering Maddox's Blog
The Call to Serve

"Heaven must need a hero"
14 REPLIES 14

Me_Again
Explorer II
Explorer II
usnret wrote:
My wife and I have stayed the last two seasons in Florida at Adelaide Shores RV resort (LINK). We will be hosting at a campground in Madras,Oregon this summer so we thought it would be a good idea to stay out west for the 2014-2015 winter season. If you have any RV Resort recommendations for AZ we would sure like for you to share them with us.

Thanks

Looking at the link to where you have been staying the last few winters it appears that amenities may be to your liking. Also it shows that you were not out in the middle of no where.

We spend 5 winters at Canyon Vistas RV Resort in Gold Canyon, Az http://www.cal-am.com/resorts/resorts_details.php?resorts_id=9&search=quick and loved it. We will hopefully return when I am done with Yacht Club duties in December 2015.

The greater Phoenix area has lots of parks to choice from. Air quality is better in the East Valley vs the West Valley. If you want to be able to attend theater and have other such amenities in the general area, then the East Valley is great.

So much to see and do in Arizona. Chris

2021 F150 2.7 Ecoboost - Summer Home 2017 Bighorn 3575el. Can Am Spyder RT-L Chrome, Kawasaki KRX1000. Retired and enjoying it! RIP DW 07-05-2021

larry_barnhart
Explorer
Explorer
TucsonJim wrote:
Check out Voyager RV Park and Resort in Tucson. Enjoy your travels!

Voyager

Jim do you know anything about the Voyager being sold? Might not be true.
chevman
chevman
2019 rockwood 34 ft fifth wheel sold
2005 3500 2wd duramax CC dually
prodigy

KSH 55 inbed fuel tank

scanguage II
TD-EOC
Induction Overhaul Kit
TST tire monitors
FMCA # F479110

4x4FF
Explorer
Explorer
Don/Shar wrote:
If you decide to go to Yuma, Az there are a lot of parks or in the Foothills you can find RV lots with brick fence, gates, and usually 2 hook-ups. The one in the picture is mine, it has a support building with washer, shower, toilet, and a refrigerator. The rent will run from $300 to $425 a month. I rent mine with water, sewer, and electric for $375 a month.

Don,

I like what I see in the picture. Can you tell me where this is?

Steve
'07 39' Pilgrim Open Road 5th Wheel
'18 F350 Platinum 6.7 Powerstroke

usnret
Explorer
Explorer
THANKS to everyone who offered a suggestion, they all look GREAT. Judy will have 51% of the vote, I am just here for the driving.

Jim
USNRET
Jim & Judy
2009 Ram 3500 Dually LB
2011 Cardinal 3425RT
The Meandering Maddox's Blog
The Call to Serve

"Heaven must need a hero"

Don_Shar
Explorer
Explorer
If you decide to go to Yuma, Az there are a lot of parks or in the Foothills you can find RV lots with brick fence, gates, and usually 2 hook-ups. The one in the picture is mine, it has a support building with washer, shower, toilet, and a refrigerator. The rent will run from $300 to $425 a month. I rent mine with water, sewer, and electric for $375 a month.

Don / Sharon Smith
8th year fulltiming
1 high school sweetheart bride of 52 yrs. Sharon
1 long haired mini dauchound...Jake
1997 Beaver Patriot DP
2004 Jeep Rubicon
http://s168.photobucket.com/albums/u189/smithster_photos/

eaw46
Explorer
Explorer
We really like Weavers Needle RV Park in Apache Junction AZ Eddy
Eddy from the Great White North

2003 Winnebago Adventurer 39

Nolan
Explorer
Explorer

Am_Eagle_01
Explorer
Explorer
Try Del Pueblo Rv and Tennis Resort south of Marine Base in Yuma. You won't be sorry you did!!!

Us_out_West
Explorer
Explorer
We stopped at Casa Grande RV Resort in early January for 4 days using our Passport America discount. We were on our way to Tucson then further South to the Amado/Tubac area for a weeks stay.

After agreeing we liked Casa Grande so much decided to go back up and stay a little longer. Well 1 month reservation turned into 2 months and we are here until March 20th before heading back to our home base in Reno.

With that said we also signed up for 3 months next winter starting in December...guess that says what we think about the amenities, staff and all the things that the Casa Grande RV Resort offers not to mention the area itself.

Good luck with your search for next winter's destination.

Casa Grande RV Resort
Our Trip Journal

2012 Jayco Pinnacle (View)
36 KitchenPantryTripleSlide
MorRyde pin box and suspension, Curt Q24, Dual Pane windows, Auto Levelers, 2 AC's,and more.

2009 Silverado 3500HD 4X4 (View)
CC, Dura-Max 6.6/Allison,LB ,DRW,Amer. Tank 65 gal. Aux Fuel

smurf
Explorer
Explorer
Palm Creek Golf and RV exit 194 I-10 . Look at there web sight .
2004 GMC HD 4x4 Douramax with Allison transmission loaded.
20005 36ft. Everest W/ 4 slides loaded.
Full timing and having fun
No matter where you go there you are

Papa Smurf driver
Mama Smurf Professional Passenger

netjam
Explorer
Explorer
Agree with Voyager in Tucson. Buckeye (Phoenix) has Leaf Verde for $400/mo which is good too.

CardinalCamper
Explorer
Explorer
Desert Gardens RV. Park 5 miles south of Florence on hwy. 79.
Charles & Dawn
2005 Cardinal 35 CKT LX
2000 F-250 PSD 7.3 4x4 Hypertech Power Programmer III, Firestone Ride-Rite Airbags, Air Safe 25K Hitch,Yamaha 125cc Vino Scooter.

TucsonJim
Explorer
Explorer
Check out Voyager RV Park and Resort in Tucson. Enjoy your travels!

Voyager
2016 Ford F350 Turbo Diesel SRW 4x4
2017 Grand Design Reflection 297RSTS
2013 Ford F350 Turbo Diesel SRW 4x4 (Destroyed by fire - 8/29/16)
2014 Grand Design Reflection 337RLS (Destroyed by fire - 8/29/16)

pjsky
Explorer
Explorer
Cocopah RV and Golf Resort Yuma AZ.
No person is completely worthless ..... one can always serve as a bad example.

PAUL AND JAN