cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

4th July Trips?

BOB1964
Explorer
Explorer
Heading to Seven Lakes state campground for the holiday. Planning on fishing,relaxing,eating,relaxing,hiking and relaxing. I'll have to make sure to relax when I get home. Where are you going???
44 REPLIES 44

wannavolunteerF
Explorer
Explorer
well have 3 trips planned for the month of July, but none with the TT. Thurs evning-Sun will travel about a hundred miles to dog/house sit for brother and SIL, as their anniversary trip was cancelled when her mom was critically ill. on the following Wed, I will head out to NC (after picking up 78 yr old Mom) to DD's for DGD's first birthday. then the end of the month, I fly to TX, meeting DD & DGD in Atlanta airport, to babysit while DD attends a seminar. So July is really about family, just no RV time. (Maybe I will spend a night or two in TT in yard, just to say I have used it.)
2015 FR Georgetown 378TS

Scottam
Explorer
Explorer
Heading to Normandy Farms this afternoon for a week of hanging around the pool, having a clamboil at some point with a few lobsters, and relaxing.

fla-gypsy
Explorer
Explorer
Terryallan wrote:
fla-gypsy wrote:
Nothing for us this year. Wife had surgery

Pray she is recovering well, and fast.

Thank you my friend. She is improving and we hope to keep a reservation for July 26 at Grayton Bch State park in the Florida Panhandle and spend a week at the beach.
This member is not responsible for opinions that are inaccurate due to faulty information provided by the original poster. Use them at your own discretion.

09 SuperDuty Crew Cab 6.8L/4.10(The Black Pearl)
06 Keystone Hornet 29 RLS/(The Cracker Cabana)

DannyA
Explorer
Explorer
Will be at Piney Campground Land Between the Lakes.
2013 Sabre 290 REDS 5th wheel
2011 F250 Ford diesel

Mark Twain wrote: "Twenty years from now, you will be more disappointed by the things you didn't do than by the ones you did do...

MTHome
Explorer
Explorer
Morrow Mountain State Park outside of Albemarle, NC. It's our 2nd trip ever and 1st with no sewer. That is if the hubby can get the black tank handle replaced in time. I may have clipped a curb with it and then it snapped off while checking on it. Oops.

wbwood
Explorer
Explorer
Going home to Augusta Georgia partly and Hilton Head Island the other part. Will be staying at Winfield COE Campground out at the lake from Sat-Wed, then heading out to HHI and will be there from Wed-Sat.)
Brian
2013 Thor Chateau 31L

thedoghouse
Explorer
Explorer
I be heading east to the beaches in HH
2008 Holiday Rambler Presidential Suite 36 RLT
2011 Ford F350 CC DRW B&W Companion

elkhorn98
Explorer
Explorer
Wild plum usfs campground in the Gold Lakes Basin area near Sierra City, Ca. Small campground that will likely fill up on the weekend but shouldn't be too bad. We go every year for the 4th. Nearby Downeiville has a great small town 4th parade and festival . They close highway 49 and the parade goes one way then turns around and goes by the other way.
Elkhorn98
2010 GMC Sierra 2500HD 4x4 Duramax/Allison w/45 gal Transfer Flow Tank
RBW X16 Slider, Yamaha EF 2400iS
2007 Springdale 245 5th Wheel - E-Z Flex HD Suspension & Mobile Outfitters Shock Kit Upgrades
with Firestone Transforce Ht Lt 2357515 tires

SubVet
Explorer
Explorer
We will be taking the truck camper and jeep up to my mother-in-laws camp in West Forks, Maine (way up near Jackman). There's lots of hiking and it's always fun looking for moose on the forest roads.
2014 Wolf Creek 840 on 2013 Ford F-350 Regular Cab
Frequently towing a modified 2006 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon

markandkim
Explorer II
Explorer II
Salisbury Beach, MA. / Hampton Beach NH.
Retired Navy

2020 Ram 2500 Bighorn 6.7L
2014 Crossroads Zinger 27RL
2022 Grand Design Reflection 315RLTS

Terryallan
Explorer II
Explorer II
fla-gypsy wrote:

Pray she is recovering well, and fast.
Terry & Shay
Coachman Apex 288BH.
2013 F150 XLT Off Road
5.0, 3.73
Lazy Campers

Terryallan
Explorer II
Explorer II
ScottG wrote:
I've often had people tell me the CG's are too crowded during holidays but I don't see it. Our state CG's are full every weekend so a holiday is no different.

Agree. A full CG is a full CG no matter what day it is. The CGS at Myrtle Beach are sold out from June 1, to Sept 30. So IF you are going to the beach around here. You are going to a full CG. No more people over the 4th than the 24th.
Terry & Shay
Coachman Apex 288BH.
2013 F150 XLT Off Road
5.0, 3.73
Lazy Campers

michigansandzil
Explorer
Explorer
First Wilderness SP with a site on Lake Michigan, then Tahquamenon Falls SP with a site on the river.

Hoping the trip isn't ruined by mosquitoes at this time of year. Moving to a different campground isn't an option. Wish me luck!!
2017 Coachmen Catalina 323 BHDSCK
2018 Ford F150 FX4
3 growing kids and 1 big dog

craftyfox
Explorer
Explorer
We are parked in the Country Aire campground near Shelburne Falls, MA on the Mohawk Trail. Will stay here thru the 4th of July week-end and then head for Boston. Very nice campground and beautiful surrounding area.

fla-gypsy
Explorer
Explorer
This member is not responsible for opinions that are inaccurate due to faulty information provided by the original poster. Use them at your own discretion.

09 SuperDuty Crew Cab 6.8L/4.10(The Black Pearl)
06 Keystone Hornet 29 RLS/(The Cracker Cabana)