cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Anybody Dry Camping Quartzite Right Now?

1L243
Explorer II
Explorer II
I would be interested in hearing from anybody that is on site and what it's like. I have never done it but I am planning to do it some day for at least a few weeks. I would make the trip during the RV Show.

I check the area out on Goggle Earth any approximate GPS coordinates of where people are staying would be cool to check out.
2017 Coleman 300tq by Dutchman Toy Hauler. 34.5 feet long and under 10k Gross. 500 watt Solar 2000 watt Inverter, 1999 Ford F250 2WD 7.3 4R100 DP Tuner, S&B Cold Air Intake, Gauges, 6.0 Trans Cooler, Air Bags.
9 REPLIES 9

amandasgramma
Explorer
Explorer
You may run into a long line for dumping (if you're dumping directly from your rig) during January....the ON season. However, it's an EXCELLENT time to meet new people!!! After all, what better time to talk BS than over your S$$T??????????????? ๐Ÿ™‚
I've never heard of confrontations, either. This is an experience EVERYONE should try.....2 yrs of doing it and we have gone full-time will stay here EVERY year. ๐Ÿ™‚
My mind is a garden. My thoughts are the seeds. My harvest will be either flower or weeds

Dee and Bob
plus 2 spoiled cats
On the road FULL-TIME.......see ya there, my friend

2gypsies1
Explorer
Explorer
1L243: Never heard of a confrontation of demanding last year's site! :E I honestly don't think anyone would try doing so.

One thing you might be aware is that there are many, many private groups staying together. Some are just friends and some are specific RV groups for specialized interests. You would most likely be welcomed at the majority of them but if you see a bunch of rigs grouped closely together you might want to find a more private spot for yourself.

Just go and enjoy yourself!
Full-Timed for 16 Years
.... Back in S&B Again
Traveled 8 yr in a 40' 2004 Newmar Dutch Star Motorhome
& 8 yr in a 33' Travel Supreme 5th Wheel

Imagone
Explorer
Explorer
To 1L243

To answer your questions and then come an enjoy the atmosphere

Yes you can drive an ATV into town but need a licensed ATV & permit now
The dump is usually not too long to wait has 2 spots and about 6 water spots only busy when all leaving after the show
It is about $15.00 to dump and I think water is the same- too expensive if staying long period or use a blue boy and 5 gal water containers then it is free
Lots of sites and any regulars would already have their spots taken
No problem with stuff unless a generator left outside
We have been there many times no problem and there are lots of spots to take
Have fun and enjoy the crowd

1L243
Explorer II
Explorer II
I have a few questions

Can you drive ATV's into town?

How crowded is the dump and fresh water station in the paid open space areas?

How much does it cost to have the guys dump your tank and bring you fresh water to your location? Is it worth it?

I know the sites are first come first serve but have you ever ran into anyone that feels they own their site? I heard of a story where a guy came in and demanded the site he gets every year from someone that was already there?

How is the theft and break in situation when you leave your rig and out running around?
2017 Coleman 300tq by Dutchman Toy Hauler. 34.5 feet long and under 10k Gross. 500 watt Solar 2000 watt Inverter, 1999 Ford F250 2WD 7.3 4R100 DP Tuner, S&B Cold Air Intake, Gauges, 6.0 Trans Cooler, Air Bags.

Off_Pavement
Explorer II
Explorer II
Here is a short video about what it's like in Quartzsite...

Quartzsite - 2014 by www.rv-camping.org
The Road To Paradise Is NOT Paved!
Please Support Multiple Use of our Public Lands!

Brian Hoag
www.rv-camping.org
'10 Sunseeker Class C - Gozer II
'13 Jeep JKU (Wrangler) - Billie

hugemoth
Explorer
Explorer
If Quartzsite gets too crowded for your liking as it does for me during the show, you can always stay along Plamosa Rd. over toward Bouse. It's quite over here and no BLM guys to hassle you. From here it's 19 miles to the RV show site. N33ยฐ 51.686' W114ยฐ 02.172'

2gypsies1
Explorer
Explorer
On Google Earth, find the intersection of I-10 and Hwy 95. There will be thousands of RVers in every direction of that intersection. The big tent associated with the January RV show is about 1/2 mile south of I-10 on Hwy 95. Venders and swap meets are all around that intersection.
Full-Timed for 16 Years
.... Back in S&B Again
Traveled 8 yr in a 40' 2004 Newmar Dutch Star Motorhome
& 8 yr in a 33' Travel Supreme 5th Wheel

amandasgramma
Explorer
Explorer
We're here...and there's plenty of room for you, come on down......we'll leave the lights on. ๐Ÿ™‚ ๐Ÿ™‚ We're staying at La Posa south (I believe)....second camp area on the east side of 95, south of Hwy 10.
My mind is a garden. My thoughts are the seeds. My harvest will be either flower or weeds

Dee and Bob
plus 2 spoiled cats
On the road FULL-TIME.......see ya there, my friend

SCVJeff
Explorer
Explorer
There are LOTS of people out there 10 miles in all directions. I don't think you'll have problems finding a spot
Jeff - WA6EQU
'06 Itasca Meridian 34H, CAT C7/350