cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Article - Best Campground in Every State

I found this interesting article in the news this morning.
The writers choice of the best campground in all 50 states.
Looks like it may be geared more towards tent camping, but I'm not sure on that.

Best Campground in Every State
2007 GMC 3500 dually ext. cab 4X4 LBZ Dmax/Allison - 2007 Pacific Coachworks Tango 306RLSS
RV Rebuild Website - Site launched Aug 22, 2021 - www.rv-rebuild.com
22 REPLIES 22

ReneeG
Explorer
Explorer
Even from a tenter's point of view, we would not want to stay in a crowded campground, as most listed seem to be. We have a FW, tent trailer, and complete tent setup with cots and air mattresses, and use them depending on where we are going. We still prefer remote spacious campgrounds even when we tent camp.
2011 Bighorn 3055RL, 2011 F350 DRW 6.7L 4x4 Diesel Lariat and Hensley TrailerSaver BD3, 1992 Jeep ZJ and 1978 Coleman Concord Pop-Up for remote camping
Dave & Renee plus (Champ, Molly, Paris, Missy, and Maggie in spirit), Mica, Mabel, and Melton

NamMedevac_70
Explorer II
Explorer II
Interesting article. I stay at California SPs for easy access to fishing locations and stay at U.S. NF campgrounds for both fishing and camping experience. I do both tent and trailer camping depending on

https://i.imgur.com/KKIEbwrm.jpg

Horsedoc
Explorer II
Explorer II
Not interested in tent camping and sleeping on the ground at my age
horsedoc
2008 Damon Essence
2013 Jeep Sahara Unlimited
Blue Ox tow

magnusfide
Explorer II
Explorer II
agesilaus wrote:
There can't be a best list, everyone's best is different.

Roger that.
"The only time you should fear cast iron is if your wife is fixin' to hit you with it."-Kent Rollins
First law of science: don't spit into the wind.

Magnus

4runnerguy
Explorer
Explorer
IDman wrote:
I camped at Trappers Lake in Colorado for the great fishing. Unfortunately, the mosquitos were SO BAD that we left after just 30 minutes! Miserable afterwards.
And virtually the whole forest around Trappers Lake burned in a 2002 forest fire. They managed to save the trees right around the CG, but not much else was left.
Ken & Allison
2 Camping Cats (1 diabetic)
1996 4Runner, TRD Supercharger, Edelbrock headers
2007 Fleetwood Arcadia, Honda EU2000i
4 mountain bikes, 1 canoe, 4 tents, 8 sleeping bags, 2 backpacks
(You get the idea!)

ReneeG
Explorer
Explorer
Wiscampsin wrote:
They picked Devilโ€™s Lake State Park in Wi? Picturesque maybe. We never stayed there but drove thru it to check it out a couple years ago. IMHO the place is a crowded zoo, campsites way too close. bathroom was a total mess.

Maybe tenters like the "security" of being packed into a campground. The CG selected in Idaho is the same. As RVers that prefer boondocking with a sporadic CG stays, we stay away from THAT CG. Yet, I've spoken to several other fellow local RVers that have not heard of any of the places we camp, yet wait in line to get into one of the Redfish lake CGs.
2011 Bighorn 3055RL, 2011 F350 DRW 6.7L 4x4 Diesel Lariat and Hensley TrailerSaver BD3, 1992 Jeep ZJ and 1978 Coleman Concord Pop-Up for remote camping
Dave & Renee plus (Champ, Molly, Paris, Missy, and Maggie in spirit), Mica, Mabel, and Melton

Wiscampsin
Explorer
Explorer
They picked Devilโ€™s Lake State Park in Wi? Picturesque maybe. We never stayed there but drove thru it to check it out a couple years ago. IMHO the place is a crowded zoo, campsites way too close. bathroom was a total mess.

JoeH
Explorer III
Explorer III
I got a kick out of them listing Ginnie Springs as Florida's best. That place is and pretty much has always been a huge party place. For tenter's it's just go in there and pitch a tent where ever you want. Who knows who will camped right at your door later... it's a free for all. Lot's of fun back when I was in my 20's and partied all night long
Joe
2013 Dutch Star 4338- all electric
Toad is 2015 F-150 with bikes,kayaks and Harley aboard

Tvov
Explorer
Explorer
If anyone has trouble with that site, try using Google to view it...

I use Firefox with AdBlock, and couldn't read the site.

Mostly about tent camping.

I used to read Outside magazine sort of regularly. Good long articles about all sorts of outdoor adventures and experiences. Leaned to one side of politics, but I thought they did a good job of not throwing that in your face. I don't know if the magazine has changed.

pbeverly
Nomad
Nomad
I agree with the South Carolina choice and mostly RVs are there.
Ridgeway, SC
2019 26DBH Grey Wolf

Well, I did qualify it in the OP as being the writers choice.
Everyone has their own choice. And thankfully, we are all different in what we deem a "best campground"
Sometimes it's nice to have an interesting read from someone elses viewpoint.
2007 GMC 3500 dually ext. cab 4X4 LBZ Dmax/Allison - 2007 Pacific Coachworks Tango 306RLSS
RV Rebuild Website - Site launched Aug 22, 2021 - www.rv-rebuild.com

dodge_guy
Explorer II
Explorer II
The best RV resort We've been to is Santa Rosa RV Resort in Navarre FL. And the other best weโ€™ve been to is in Granby CO. Another best is River Ridge RV Resort in Starwood MI. And yet another best is Lighthouse Point at Cedar Point OH.

See how easy it is to pick the best!
Wife Kim
Son Brandon 17yrs
Daughter Marissa 16yrs
Dog Bailey

12 Forest River Georgetown 350TS Hellwig sway bars, BlueOx TrueCenter stabilizer

13 Ford Explorer Roadmaster Stowmaster 5000, VIP Tow>
A bad day camping is
better than a good day at work!

rocmoc
Explorer
Explorer
Have been to many Parks in nearly every state. Thank goodness the list does not match my list.

rocmoc n AZ
rocmoc n Great SouthWest USA

IDman
Explorer
Explorer
I camped at Trappers Lake in Colorado for the great fishing. Unfortunately, the mosquitos were SO BAD that we left after just 30 minutes! Miserable afterwards.