cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Bad experience in Yulee,FL

tropical_ron
Explorer
Explorer
This is our first negative post and it does me no pleasure but here goes. We called last week and made reservations for a one week stay at Bow & Arrow Campground sight unseen. We've done this elsewhere with success so we were not concerned. When the manager didn't ask for spelling of our last name or a credit card to hold the reservation this did raise our curiosity. Well, we showed up Saturday and found the office with a sign stating hours - closed on Saturday - we called the posted emergency contact number and got a recording...Helpful longtime residents gave us the cell number for the manager and owner - - same result. We attempted to find a working vacant site....many longtime residents and most other sites inoperable...broken elec. boxes with bare wires...sewer connections buried ...leaves piled in middle of sites??? We ran to a beautiful rv park not 6 miles away...Flamingo Lakes RV Resort in Jacksonville...end of my rant - our first and I hope our last with this experience. What started out as a bad day turned into a pleasant camping event.
2007 National Tropical T370 LX CAT-350
2010 Honda CRV awd
Blue Ox Baseplate
SMI aux. brake
6 REPLIES 6

magnusfide
Explorer II
Explorer II
Such are the vagaries of travel: sometimes the surprises are good and sometimes they're bad. Glad you found a good place nearby. One can't be obsessive compulsive and Type A and travel happily; glad you are flexible enough to find an alternative and still enjoy your vacay.

Don't forget to put your review at Tripadvisor.com which has become very popular with RVers.
"The only time you should fear cast iron is if your wife is fixin' to hit you with it."-Kent Rollins
First law of science: don't spit into the wind.

Magnus

mejones53
Explorer
Explorer
Bumpyroad wrote:
just looked at it in google earth. looks like a dump, I wouldn't chose that one myself.
bumpy

Just looked at it in google earth. looks like a (toxic) dump site. .... ๐Ÿ™‚
Bounder Classic 36 H
Honda Fit dinghy with Aventa LX tow bar

Bumpyroad
Explorer
Explorer
just looked at it in google earth. looks like a dump, I wouldn't chose that one myself.
bumpy

LynnandCarol
Explorer
Explorer
Please put your review in the http://rvparkreviews.com/ ! So other fellow RV'ers can review the review!

robsouth
Explorer
Explorer
amandasgramma wrote:
That park won't be there long. Glad you found other accommodations.

The park has been there a long time and will be for a long time to come. Their website clearly states that the office is not open on Saturday. I have not stayed there, but have visited there and found nothing like the above described. Most are perm-parked or snow birds and the place was well kept. Maybe it has changed management recently, who knows, but in the past it was a nice, (not great) park.
"Sometimes I just sit and think. Sometimes I just sit." "Great minds like a think."

amandasgramma
Explorer
Explorer
That park won't be there long. Glad you found other accommodations.
My mind is a garden. My thoughts are the seeds. My harvest will be either flower or weeds

Dee and Bob
plus 2 spoiled cats
On the road FULL-TIME.......see ya there, my friend