cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Best RV Park with campsites next to a river or creek.

jloftin60
Explorer
Explorer
Some people like lake viewcampsites, but I'm looking for a campsite next to a creek or small river. I want to camp next to the water. Not looking through a bunch of trees and brush to get there.
If fishing (Rainbow Trout, Catfish, etc) is good that makes it better. Or maybe a lazy river
to float down with a good swimming hole.
Examples;
Bull Shoals State Park, Arkansas below the dam
Guadeloupe River State Park
John & Becky
2017 Fleetwood Discovery LXE
2015 Chevy Traverse
17 REPLIES 17

goducks10
Explorer
Explorer
Oregon has too many to list.

rockhillmanor
Explorer
Explorer
Plain ole parking right up and on the breakfront of Lake Michigan on the Racine WI side. :C

We must be willing to get rid of the life we've planned,
so as to have the life that is waiting for us.

jplante4
Explorer
Explorer
Arrowhead RV Park and Marina

Right on the Mohawk River/Erie Canal near Albany. Nice park, great owners. A little noise from the interstate.
Jerry & Jeanne
1996 Safari Sahara 3530 - 'White Tiger'
CAT 3126/Allison 6 speed/Magnum Chassis
2014 Equinox AWD / Blue Ox

kknowlton
Explorer
Explorer
There are several parks in north western Illinois that butt up against the Mississippi River.
Thanks for the reminder! Thomson Causeway, a COE CG on the MIssissippi is a nice spot. A few campsites are right on the river; others easily walkable, only yards away from the river. Not exactly your peaceful little creek, though! ๐Ÿ™‚
2020 Toyota Tundra CrewMax 5.7L V8 w/ tow pkg, Equal-i-zer
2020 Lance 2375

hbillsmith
Explorer
Explorer
Beavers Bend State Park in Broken Bow Oklahoma
Wildcat2016-295rsx GMC2015-2500HD-DblCab D'max/Allisn+4x4 6.6'Bed
Maxxis235/80/16E;Andersen Ultimate2+4"offset;Airlft1 WirelessComp;GroundCtrl3;MorRyde RubbPinBox+CRE3000;3-Slidecovrs;Champion3100w/DIY ExtndRun;10'Portabote+5hp;Furrion48cam
Visited States

Dick_B
Explorer
Explorer
There are several parks in north western Illinois that butt up against the Mississippi River.
Dick_B
2003 SunnyBrook 27FKS
2011 3/4 T Chevrolet Suburban
Equal-i-zer Hitch
One wife, two electric bikes (both Currie Tech Path+ models)

crosscheck
Explorer
Explorer

3 Sisters Provincial Park at Dead Man's Flats, Alberta, Canada. The Bow river is one of the best fly fishing rivers in the area. June/2016.

Dave
2016 F350 Diesel 4X4 CC SRW SB,
2016 Creekside 23RKS, 490W solar, 2000W Xantrex Freedom 2012 inverter, 4 6V GC-2 (450AH)
2006 F350 CC 4X4 sold
2011 Outfitter 9.5' sold
Some Of Our Fun:http://daveincoldstream.blogspot.ca/

Mr__Camper
Explorer
Explorer
Try The Landing Point RV Park in Cape Girardeaux, MO. A long way from you but it fits your description perfectly.
Mr. Camper
Mrs. Camper
Fuzzy Kids = Tipper(RIP), PoLar(RIP), Ginger, Pasha
2013 Open Range Light; 274ORLS
2004 Dodge Ram Turbo Diesel
Retired and love spending the kid's inheritance

Dutch_12078
Explorer
Explorer
The view out our front window from our site at Robert Moses State Park near Massena, NY. The ship has just exited the Eisenhower Lock on the St Lawrence Seaway:

And a long shot that shows how well separated our site is from neighboring sites:

Dutch
2001 GBM Landau 34' Class A
F53 chassis, Triton V10, TST TPMS
Bigfoot Automatic Leveling System
2011 Toyota RAV4 4WD/Remco pump
ReadyBrute Elite tow bar/Blue Ox baseplate

rockhillmanor
Explorer
Explorer
Tom Sawyer CG right ON the ole Mississippi.

Then there is a CG in Illinois I found by chance during a storm. I had to get off the road for the night till the storm passed. Planned on staying just one night.....ended up staying 2 weeks!!

Come to find out that CG had a huge privately owned lake on the grounds. You could fish there without a license. I fished every morning for 2 weeks. Smoked fish, fried fish, grilled fish for lunch and dinner I was in heaven. Ahhhh.

We must be willing to get rid of the life we've planned,
so as to have the life that is waiting for us.

TexasShadow
Explorer II
Explorer II
up along the Gray River, out of Alpine, WY, there are some NF campgrounds along the river and it's supposed to be a very good fishing river. But we only found one that we could park our rig at.
TexasShadow
Holiday Rambler Endeavor LE/ 3126B Cat
Sometimes BMW K75 on Rear Carrier
Jeep Grand Cherokee or 2016 Ford XLT 4x4 super cab with 8 ft bed
M&G aux brake system
854 Watts of Solar Power

Always remember you're unique, just like everyone else.

OutdoorPhotogra
Explorer
Explorer
River Riders in Harper's Ferry WV has about ten campsites right on the Potomac. It's one of the prettiest sites I've ever camped at but it has a ten foot limit to rigs because there is a zip line right above it. We have a PUP so we are good.

I checked Fairview State Park in Madisonville, LA but it looks like the sites aren't directly on the Tchefuncte. You're close enough that it is worth checking out.
2008 Rockwood Signature Ultralite 5th Wheel
F-250 6.2 Gasser

Former PUP camper (Rockwood Popup Freedom 1980)

kknowlton
Explorer
Explorer
Henrys Lake SP in Island Park, Idaho (next to a lake where fishing is allowed); Riverside (NFS) CG in Palisades, Idaho; Toad Suck CG in Arkansas (COE?); several NFS CGs near Stanley, Idaho (along the Salmon River) and at Redfish and Stanley Lakes (same general area), on lakes with fishing.
2020 Toyota Tundra CrewMax 5.7L V8 w/ tow pkg, Equal-i-zer
2020 Lance 2375

Thom02099
Explorer II
Explorer II
Just in my neck of the woods in northern Colorado, there are several meet your criteria.

In Estes Park CO, both Paradise on the River and Spruce Lake RV Park have sites that are right along the river at their respective locations.

In the Cache la Poudre Canyon west of Fort Collins, there are at least 6 USFS campgrounds that are right on the river.

In Red Feather Lakes CO, there are 2 USFS campgrounds that are right on their respective lake, Dowdy Lake and West Lake.

That's just right off the top of my head and in my immediate area, within a hour to 90 minute drive from where I live. There are lots of others in Colorado that would work as well.
2007 GMC Sierra SLE 3500HD Dually
2016 Coachmen Catalina Legacy Edition 243RBS
2007 Keystone Outback 25RSS - R.I.P.