cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Blowing Rock, Boone and Bryson City CG

Bears_Den
Explorer
Explorer
DW and I are thinking of heading to Blowing Rock, Boone and the Bryson City area with our 30 ft TT. I’ve looked at RvParkReviews.com for some ideas but was wondering if anybody has any input. FHU is a plus but not necessary, SP and COE CG are also good. We would be doing day trips in-those areas so a short drive to various locations is alright by us. Thanks for the tips.
2014 Kodiak 279 rbsl
2017 Ford F-150 King Ranch V8
Equalizer hitch
Ford integrated brake controller
2004 Travel Lite 23S Hybrid Travel Trailer ( previous trailer )
1998 Viking Popup ( previous trailer )

No substitute for experience
8 REPLIES 8

Bears_Den
Explorer
Explorer
Just looked at Honey Bear CG website, looks like a good possibility.
2014 Kodiak 279 rbsl
Equalizer hitch

Pawz4me
Explorer
Explorer
One of our boys goes to college in Boone, so we tend to go up there frequently. We prefer Honey Bear.
Me, DH and Yogi (Shih Tzu)
2017 Winnebago Travato 59K

Gulfcoast
Explorer
Explorer
The app (or website) RV Parky will show campgrounds around Bryson City.
RV'ing since 1960
Dodge Cummins Diesel
Mega Cab
Jayco Travel Trailer

maskins
Explorer
Explorer
In boone, we have stayed at the KOA and julian price. Julian price is no hookups. The KOA is nice, it is out in the country located behind a farm. Very quiet and peaceful.

I'm also interested to hear suggestions for Bryson City. I want to take the family back to that area and go tubing on Deep Creek. I haven't been since I attended WCU.
Chevy Duramax
Wildcat 327RE

jayco304
Explorer
Explorer
A little bit further north near Jefferson is Raccoon Holler.
Please visit www.cram-a-lot-inn.com to learn more about our travel adventures.

2000 F350 7.3PSD
2010 Jayco 324BHDS Travel Trailer

RoyF
Explorer
Explorer
In 2016, we camped in Boone at Honey Bear RV Park and would go there again.

Bears_Den
Explorer
Explorer
No, not looking to go til summer. I live in Fl and it’s cold enough here for my blood
2014 Kodiak 279 rbsl
Equalizer hitch

Merrykalia
Explorer
Explorer
I don't know when you plan to go, but RIGHT NOW is not the best time to be going. Assuming that you will be going in the spring or summer, it is beautiful country and the Boone area has some great restaurants, trails and mountains.

Friends of ours use The Little Campground and they rave about the owner, but it is hard to get into since there are very limited sites.

We haven't been to Boone to camp in years, so I have no personal recommendations. We usually go down to ski and tube during the winter since it's only a couple hours away and we don't take the fifth wheel during the snow.:S

We also use rvparkreviews and I throw out the top one or two as well as the bottom one or two to get a better "guess" at what it's really like, unless they are all glowing reviews and there are more than 10. Then, it's a must go.
2017 Ford F350 Crew Cab 6.7L 4x4 DRW