cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Bucket list?

RVcrazy
Explorer
Explorer
Has anyone put together a bucket list of their most important or interesting things to see or do by state? We are full timers, so recommendations of when to visit and when to avoid would be nice... I am looking at trip advisor etc for ideas also. Thanks!
25 REPLIES 25

Lauren
Explorer
Explorer
When I retired in Minneapolis in 1995 we moved to a home we had built in Estes Park, CO. We camped a lot prior to then but never thought we would get any kind of trailer or anything. In 1998 we started with a small trailer and loved it and now love the 35 foot 5er.

We have part time RV's all over the 11 western states and 2 western provinces. Never, EVER regretted it. The rv park we are now in in Buena Vista, CO is #178 of different rv parks we have stayed.

The point of that is that you need to enjoy it to YOUR desires. 2gypsies is right on the money - do what YOU want to do. Then seek out info on those on places YOU want to go.

I was in sales / marketing and both D W and I were involved in a lot of things. Now we migrate to God's creative beauty. Drive it or hike it, then come back to nice shower and dinner (don't ask us about eating places we don't go to them). I work on photos in the evening and D W reads. Rarely even turn on TV. I can't change the world so why worry about it - try not to.

This age of electric / digital provides you with so much for informational purposes to suit your needs. It is so great.

This Forum is one of the best tools out there. Use it.

My 50 cents worth. ๐Ÿ™‚

Be safe and love life.
Barbara-DW 55 years
Sadie-"Aussie" Terrier
06 Mobile Suites 32TK3
06 Chev 3500 4x4 Dmax
20 yrs PT RVing - 190 RV parks; some many times

TxTwoSome
Explorer
Explorer
For me and the wife on our list is anyplace in the USA we have not been before.

Excluding big cities no desire to go to them.

A new place is a good place some of the best places we have been were not planned.
Bruce & Cindy (Chihuahua's Rambo & Chuy)
2016 Jayco 23RLSW
2014 Ram 1500 5.7 Hemi
Blue Ox SwayPro

katleman
Explorer
Explorer
Granted, everyone ages differently, but my dad bought his RV at 70, and spent an extended summer in Alaska. I was lucky enough to join him for a couple of weeks.

I have been to most of the western national parks already.

Bucket list
Yellowstone/Yosemite (have been many times)
Banff/Jasper (been a couple times)
Alaska (once)
Would like to do the above again.

Yet to do, but on the list
Drive up to Alaska
Newfoundland
Canadian Maritime
As many national forests and two lane highways as I can.
Visted via RV

Jim_Shoe
Explorer
Explorer
My parents were RVers before me, so I inherited the "itch". My Dad always wanted to see Alaska, but my parents died before they got to make the trip. Thanks to an inheritance, I was able to retire early in 1998 at the age of 52. Since then, I've been in every state in my 'C' except Washington and Oregon. (And Hawaii.) But the Alaska trip was always on my mind and I finally did it. Friends of mine where I live in Ohio had a summer cottage in Cooper Landing, AK. on the Kenai Peninsula. So I headed north one summer. After visiting them, I headed further north to Denali N.P. and was there on a rare clear day when Mount McKinley's peak wasn't shrouded in clouds. Then continued north to Fairbanks, and returned south the way I came. There aren't very many towns or roads up there, and fewer RV parks. Most days, I didn't see more than 6 vehicles coming or going the whole day. I never passed a gas station if it was open, because I had no idea where the next one might be. Even carried a couple of 5 gallon cans of gas with me, just in case, but never needed them.
Trip of a lifetime? Yes. Would I do it again? NO. I'm too old.
Retired and visiting as much of this beautiful country as I can.

jplante4
Explorer II
Explorer II
I'd like to visit all the locations for Diners, Drive-Ins and Dives.

Don't think I could do the 72 ounce steak in Texas tho...
Jerry & Jeanne
1996 Safari Sahara 3530 - 'White Tiger'
CAT 3126/Allison 6 speed/Magnum Chassis
2014 Equinox AWD / Blue Ox

mabynack
Explorer II
Explorer II
I'm compiling a list for when I retire. I'm mostly interested in National Parks and monuments. I'm not really into cities. One goal is to set foot in all 50 states. I've got four more to go. My first planned trip when I retire will take me to three of the four, including Oregon, Washington State and Alaska.

empty_nest
Explorer
Explorer
No. 1 on the list is an RV adventure to Alaska. After that, snowbirding every winter.
2008 38' Winnebago Adventurer
2012 Jeep Wrangler (Toad)
03 Ranger 520 DVX - 225 hp. Evinrude

2gypsies1
Explorer
Explorer
Everyone's bucket list will be different depending on what YOU want to see and do.

Ourselves, we go for scenery, not city stuff. We love national parks and traveling secondary roads rather than interstates. One big thing we did was rafting the Grand Canyon for 9 days - an awesome trip. We also spent a summer in Alaska. We love Jeep rides in the boonies and Silverton, Colorado's high mountains was repeated over and over.
Full-Timed for 16 Years
.... Back in S&B Again
Traveled 8 yr in a 40' 2004 Newmar Dutch Star Motorhome
& 8 yr in a 33' Travel Supreme 5th Wheel

ekirkland
Explorer
Explorer
I have a bucket list spread sheet; mostly scenic stuff; not really into cities or roadside attractions.
Eddie & Liz
Auburn, AL
=====================
2015 Jayco Whitehawk 27DSRL
2014 Ford F150 Ecoboost w/MaxTow & HD Payload
Nights camped in 2017 - 53

AKsnowcampers
Explorer
Explorer
We are Trying to see all the N-Parks
2014 Dodge 2500 Quad cab diesel
2008 Travelaire TW250
2010 Yamaha Rhino

Yamaha rhino 700

gbopp
Explorer
Explorer
This is not bucket list material but, I like to use Road Side America while traveling.
Maybe you can find something interesting between destinations.

Enjoy your travels.