cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Campgrounds off I 95 below Richmond,Virginia

PaRambler
Explorer
Explorer
Looking for an overnight stay for our trip south in September. We want a safe place that is quick on and off of I 95. Any help would be appreciated.
Lann and Liz
Sadie (yellow lab)
05' Cedar Creek 37RDQS
06'Ford F350 Crew,Lariat,SRW,LB,6.0PSD,3.73
21 REPLIES 21

CGXterra
Explorer
Explorer
Pocahontas State Park is just west of 95, south of Richmond, and beautiful. Not full hookups, but electric and water available. Site number 84 is the best in the park if you ask me. Backs you right up into the woods.

You might even luck out and get a free concert while you're staying, if you're into that kind of thing.

Ed
Ed & Jess - Suffolk, Va
2014 Cedar Creek 36' CKTS
2014 Ram 3500 Laramie Limited Dually

cal47
Explorer
Explorer
FYI have made 2 trips up 95 in the past month. RVacation campground has been very crowded. Haven't figured out why, nothing special in area that I know of.
Cal & Donna
Starr (our Lab mix)
2000 FourWinds Chateau 31S
Rickson 17.5 Wheels and Toyo tires
Sani-Con Sewer Solution
Pressure Pro System
1996 Grand Cherokee Toad W/Ready Brake System
Rand McNally RVND 5510
Bigfoot Levelers

Stclairm
Explorer
Explorer
RV Resort at Carolina Crossroads has a hot tub! RV
It's south of Richmond and probably worth the drive. The Amerikamps at Richmond is a nice cg.

Sfla2
Explorer
Explorer
NJRVer wrote:
sdianel wrote:
At Roanoke Rapids is The RV Resort at Carolina Crossroads. $30 per night express check in after 6pm. http://033b649.netsolhost.com/aboutusrates.html

X2! We parked out TT long term (year) there.
This park is very CLEAN and modern (good pedestals and hookups).
Plus they are very friendly.

As said before it a Passport CG
98 Coachmen "C" Santara Model FL (Front Lounge) 30.4
Ford V 10 Super Duty (same as E 450)

jnharley
Explorer
Explorer
The Walmart in Emporia, VA is very popular with RVers and is easy on/off I-95. Roanoke Rapids is another 20 miles down the road. We have stayed at RVacation but I think it is pretty pricey for what you get.
2015 Dodge Dually
2012 NuWa Discover America 355CK

NJRVer
Explorer
Explorer
sdianel wrote:
At Roanoke Rapids is The RV Resort at Carolina Crossroads. $30 per night express check in after 6pm. http://033b649.netsolhost.com/aboutusrates.html

X2! We parked out TT long term (year) there.
This park is very CLEAN and modern (good pedestals and hookups).
Plus they are very friendly.

Community Alumni
Not applicable
Well it's not below Richmond it's before it, but we always stay at the Fredericksburg KOA. It's a nice and well run campground; we often spend a few days there each trip.

WESIII
Explorer
Explorer
We stay at Americamp just north of Richmond. You also have Kings Dominion cg in the same vicinity ( a little farther north)

Bill1374
Explorer
Explorer
Try South Fourty in Petersburg Va. I use it each year.

Bill
KZ Montego Bay in Florida
Rockwood lite up north
2016 HD Street Glide, 12 Fatboy for cruisin

mark5w
Explorer
Explorer
PaRambler wrote:
Should. Have mentioned we are traveling from Pa to Myrtle Beach. Want to travel half way each day so need a cg near Richmond

We do the same thing from PA to Myrtle Beach. Like I posted above RVacation Travel Part if what we have used the past 4 trips. Will be traveling there Last week of September, going to Lakewood CG.
'13 2018 JAYCO EAGLE HT FIFTH WHEEL | 30.5CKTS- '13 Ford F150 SCREW - PullRite Superslide - Roadmaster Active Suspension

PaRambler
Explorer
Explorer
Should. Have mentioned we are traveling from Pa to Myrtle Beach. Want to travel half way each day so need a cg near Richmond
Lann and Liz
Sadie (yellow lab)
05' Cedar Creek 37RDQS
06'Ford F350 Crew,Lariat,SRW,LB,6.0PSD,3.73

D___M
Explorer
Explorer
Bill & Kate wrote:
It may be too far south for you, but Pedro's Campground at South of the Boarder right on the NC/SC border is set up for overnight stays. Like $22 gets a level pull through site so you don't even have to unhitch. It is right behind and within easy walking distance of the all the tourist stuff if you have an interest in that, but is far enough away to be quiet.

x2

South of the Border Campground
Dave
Mary, the world's best wife (1951-2009) R.I.P
Lizzy (a Boston)
Izzy, Pepper & BuddyP - Gone but not forgotten
2005 Itasca Suncruiser 35A

My computer beat me at chess once; but it was no match for me at kickboxing.

Jim_Shoe
Explorer
Explorer
As you can see from the answers, it would probably help if you could narrow down how far south of Richmond, Va. you want to drive. I-95 goes all the way to Miami, FL. and S&T shows 90 CGs within 5 miles of I-95.
Retired and visiting as much of this beautiful country as I can.

ken07734
Explorer
Explorer
We stayed at RV Resort at crossroads in NC when we went to FW @ Disney World on the way down and then again on the way back and both times we had an easy stay. Was very reasonable and provided a secure place to take a break from the long drive.