cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

camping in Glacier NP

outnabout
Explorer
Explorer
Got a 40' 5th wheel and would like to camp in Glacier NP. Anyone have and opinion which campground would work the best?
Craig & Arline
Montana 5er 3402 RL
2006 Silverado 2500HD Duramax
"On the Road Again..."
10 REPLIES 10

Uncle_Rj
Explorer
Explorer
Check out Lake Five Resort. Just outside of the park and there are full service sites with lake access. We spend most of the summer there. A bit pricy, but we love the area and love having the lake.

Horsedoc
Explorer II
Explorer II
We stayed here a few years ago. No sewer but dump station. Secluded sites and rates were good. Had a bear sneaking around our site but he was no problem. One mile from the entrance to Glacier National Park in West Glacier

http://www.glaciercampground.com/
horsedoc
2008 Damon Essence
2013 Jeep Sahara Unlimited
Blue Ox tow

cruiserjs
Explorer
Explorer
Just trying to make a point for folks to be a bit more specific location-wise when post a geographic-based question!!
Colorado Cruiser
Cruiser CF29CK 5th wheel; 2009 GMC Sierra 2500HD, 2wd, short bed
wonderful lifetime traveling companion/spouse

tsetsaf
Explorer III
Explorer III
Outside the park is best with that big of a rig: Coram

Best way to find others: Glacier Campgrounds and RV Parks
2006 Ram 3500
2014 Open Range
"I don't trust my own advise!"

bukhrn
Explorer III
Explorer III
outnabout wrote:
cruiserjs wrote:
There are two Glacier National Parks (at least) in N. America - Montana and British Columbia. Why must we guess which one you are asking about?

Hi Cruiser...Don't mean to be a poop, but the other folks had no problem and you don't have to guess, just don't answer. Be nice, it's Christmas.
X-2, when someone asks about Glacier National Park, I automatically think of Montana, but then, I'm not from Canada.
We stayed at Two Medicine, there are a few sites that you would fit into, no hookups, and first come first served, but a beautiful CG on the East side.
2007 Forester 2941DS
2014 Ford Focus
Zamboni, Long Haired Mini Dachshund

outnabout
Explorer
Explorer
cruiserjs wrote:
There are two Glacier National Parks (at least) in N. America - Montana and British Columbia. Why must we guess which one you are asking about?

Hi Cruiser...Don't mean to be a poop, but the other folks had no problem and you don't have to guess, just don't answer. Be nice, it's Christmas.
Craig & Arline
Montana 5er 3402 RL
2006 Silverado 2500HD Duramax
"On the Road Again..."

TyroneandGladys
Explorer
Explorer
We enjoyed our stay at St. Mary/East Glacier KOA. The deciding factor for us was that they offer a dog walking service so that we could take the all day Red Bus Tour and our puppy was walked while we were gone.
Tyrone & Gladys
27' 1986 Coachmen

cruiserjs
Explorer
Explorer
Colorado Cruiser
Cruiser CF29CK 5th wheel; 2009 GMC Sierra 2500HD, 2wd, short bed
wonderful lifetime traveling companion/spouse

2gypsies1
Explorer
Explorer
We stayed in Apgar with our 40' motorhome.
Full-Timed for 16 Years
.... Back in S&B Again
Traveled 8 yr in a 40' 2004 Newmar Dutch Star Motorhome
& 8 yr in a 33' Travel Supreme 5th Wheel

pulsar
Explorer
Explorer
You can find a few spots in Apgar that are large enough for you. I don't believe any of the other campgrounds have sites large enough.

Except for some group sites, Apgar is a first come, first served campground.

Tom
2015 Meridian 36M
2006 CR-V toad
3 golden retrievers (Breeze, Jinks, Razz)
1 border collie (Boogie)