cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Caught in a donut hole. Do you feel the same?

Stutch
Explorer
Explorer
We are spending a few months in the San Jose area. We found that every rv resort is the same, with one exception (Coyote Valley RV Park).

In short, they are not RV resorts but neighborhoods of run down, low income "residents." I call it shanty town!

These "resorts" cater to the old run down campers that are permanent fixtures OR 1, 2 night passing through folks. Since we are here for 90 days, we fall into a catagory with extremely limited space. SAD and FRUSTRATING....

We stopped in one place had over 100 open spaces and were told there was a waiting list. Then they asked the age of the MH. Evidently they do not want old campers or MHs on their sites but only offer 30 amps. ODD!!!!! We have a 2015.

Sure.... Coyote is expensive, but in the scheme of things, they have a higher class of clientele. No Shanty town.

So for us, we are not campers that that want to live in these places nor are we transients.

Our site ( not saying) is OK except we could not useor Direct TV. There were a few open spots that had clear sight but we could not move into one because they were reserved for transients.

Too bad!!!
2015 Newmar Dutch Star 4018
Honda CRV
TM
23 REPLIES 23

korbe
Explorer
Explorer
And that is why for us private RV Resorts, uh, I mean trailer parks, are our last choice in places to stay.

SuperiorBound
Explorer
Explorer
No, I never have a problem finding what I want in a campground. I camp mostly in Minnesota state parks, and look for state parks if I do step out of Minnesota.
If I didn't make reservations ahead of time I accept what I find.
Part of the adventure

randallb
Explorer
Explorer
It is San Jose for cry-eye. If you remove the Silicone Valley money the rest of the population is pretty much minimum wage. It also contains the most expensive property in California because of the SV. If you owned property in an area like this would you be putting money in to an old RV park or would you be waiting for the right dotcom to come along and offer you millions an acre. Knowing CA humor the park owners were probably making sure your RV was old enough to populate one of their sites. As for the park with the waiting list, I have my suspicions about why they said what they said but I will keep them to myself.
Randy

Snowman9000
Explorer
Explorer
The point is one I agree with. Private RV parks have become slums and overnight stops. With the exception of parks in snowbird or other seasonal locations, they are sad places to stay.
Currently RV-less but not done yet.

beemerphile1
Explorer
Explorer
Crowe wrote:
I'm still trying to understand the point of the post. Is it a rant? Is it a complaint? Or is it just someone who feels he is above everybody else and those who can't afford a $100K rig shouldn't camp? Maybe a lament?

OP, please explain what your point is.

Same here, I'm puzzled what the rambling post means.
Build a life you don't need a vacation from.

2016 Silverado 3500HD DRW D/A 4x4
2018 Keystone Cougar 26RBS
2006 Weekend Warrior FK1900

Crowe
Explorer
Explorer
I'm still trying to understand the point of the post. Is it a rant? Is it a complaint? Or is it just someone who feels he is above everybody else and those who can't afford a $100K rig shouldn't camp? Maybe a lament?

OP, please explain what your point is.

I may not have gone where I intended to go, but I think I have ended up where I needed to be

Douglas Adams

[purple]RV-less for now but our spirits are still on the open road. [/purple]

time2roll
Nomad
Nomad
If the rent is low.... ask the owner if he might sell :B

Old-Biscuit
Explorer III
Explorer III
So are you feeling 'special' OR 'not appreciated'

I find majority of the folks are decent, hard working, upstanding people that don't have issues with others and their lifestyle.

We FT traveled for 7yrs. Stayed in LOTS of CGs, Parks, Resorts....some place every night.
Only places we ever got the 'look' (YOU know the one) was in Resorts.
Course that might have been cause we only paid $10/night while they had paid $$
Is it time for your medication or mine?

2007 DODGE 3500 QC SRW 5.9L CTD In-Bed 'quiet gen'
2007 HitchHiker II 32.5 UKTG 2000W Xantex Inverter
US NAVY------USS Decatur DDG31

Oasisbob
Explorer
Explorer
I lived in "shantytown" for a time. I get your point. However, when you past the older rgs into those who live there they are, for the most part, just like you and I. It seemed to me to be more about the managment. To eachtheir own.
Oasis Bob
Wonderful wife 3 of 4 kids at home. 1 proudly serving in USAF
2018 Ford Explorer
2001 Bantam Trail Lite B-19

HAPPY TRAILS:)