cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Charge for each pet ??? your thoughts

JoeH
Explorer III
Explorer III
If you were told that the RV park you normally stay at was going to add a new charge of $5.00 per dog per day to their already high costs what would your response be ?
Joe
2013 Dutch Star 4338- all electric
Toad is 2015 F-150 with bikes,kayaks and Harley aboard
38 REPLIES 38

Crowe
Explorer
Explorer
We didn't have our dogs with us very often but I have no issue with that. As winniman stated too many people don't pick up after their dogs. I personally like the campgrounds that start with a base rate for 2 (as long as it's not over the top) and then do an a la carte type fee structure. I always willingly paid for 4 when we only had 3 in the hopes that the person with 5 or 6 got a bit of a break. Shop with your feet. I also believe that if it's where you want to be when you want to be there it's not too expensive but I'll also be the first to say we had a pretty large budget for travel.

I may not have gone where I intended to go, but I think I have ended up where I needed to be

Douglas Adams

[purple]RV-less for now but our spirits are still on the open road. [/purple]

winniman
Explorer
Explorer
Too many people don't pick up after their pets. If the owner has to pay someone to constantly go around and clean up dog do, you couldn't blame them for charging extra. They could just raise the rates, but that wouldn't be fair to others who don't own pets. According to EVERYONE, they always pick up after their pets. The evidence seems to say otherwise.

Pawz4me
Explorer
Explorer
We look at the final nightly price w/o much regard for how it's tallied. If we're okay with it and feel the campground is worth it then we stay. If not, we go somewhere else.
Me, DH and Yogi (Shih Tzu)
2017 Winnebago Travato 59K

suprz
Explorer
Explorer
GeoBoy wrote:
Pay it or find another park.

X2
Proud father of a US Marine

Johno02
Explorer
Explorer
My only choice would be to find another place. However, having been in the dog show and pet community for over 35 years, and seeing how so called 'responsible' dog (or other) owners and handlers can and do literally trash a motel, hotel, or campground, I can understand the extra charge.
Noel and Betty Johnson (and Harry)

2005 GulfStream Ultra Supreme, 1 Old grouch, 1 wonderful wife, and two silly poodles.

DrewE
Explorer II
Explorer II
Sounds okay to me. I don't have any dogs. I'm not particularly a dog person, either, so I don't think it horrid that they have a policy that may discourage people with lots of dogs from camping there.

As others said, their park, their rules; and it's your money and your patronage, so if you don't like their rules, take your patronage and money elsewhere that is more agreeable to you. If you prefer, you could think of it as a simple fee increase of $5 times however many dogs you have, rather than a dog-specific fee, and figure if you think it's worth paying that much per night for you.

Lwiddis
Explorer II
Explorer II
A common practice IMO.
Winnebago 2101DS TT & 2022 Chevy Silverado 1500 LTZ Z71, WindyNation 300 watt solar-Lossigy 200 AH Lithium battery. Prefer boondocking, USFS, COE, BLM, NPS, TVA, state camps. Bicyclist. 14 yr. Army -11B40 then 11A - (MOS 1542 & 1560) IOBC & IOAC grad

Tyler0215
Explorer
Explorer
Their park: their rules.

GeoBoy
Explorer
Explorer
Pay it or find another park.