cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Denver, CO RV Parks

4huskers
Explorer
Explorer
This June or July we are planning a trip with the grand daughters (age 4 & 6). Most of the time will be spent exploring, but we will need a park with some kid friendly amenities during downtime. Thinking something 25-50 miles around Denver. TIA for any suggestions.
14 REPLIES 14

Busskipper
Explorer
Explorer
Mountain Mama wrote:
Busskipper wrote:
4huskers wrote:
This June or July we are planning a trip with the grand daughters (age 4 & 6). Most of the time will be spent exploring, but we will need a park with some kid friendly amenities during downtime. Thinking something 25-50 miles around Denver. TIA for any suggestions.

Golden Clear Creek 4 and 6 - You are in the town of Golden _ within walking of the Creek (water) the rec center the Playground with everything they would enjoy - Ball fields are 1/2 block the Library is a block - Ice cream in town - about 1000' restaurants of all descriptions.

Did I mention it is the best place we have ever stayed with our Granddaughters when they were between the age of 1-7 They are now 7 and 9 and they still always ask to visit even when we fly out.

You are just minutes from downtown and a few more minutes from up in the Mountains.

Golden Gate is great but is a lot more fun with a large group.

OK now for the bad news - No Reservations-but if you call at 7 you can get on the list (we start at 6:55 and still are rarely the first on the list. If you miss out try the Jeffco Fairgrounds - just a few miles away and a good place to wait if you are not able to get right in,

If I can be of more help just ask.

BOL,

I just looked at the Golden Clear Creek website & there is a link for reservations.

That's a change/new -- the issue now is that it will be booked 60 days out - making it almost impossible to get in.

Still love it and if/when we visit it again we will enjoy the town and all it offers.

BOL,
Busskipper
Maryland/Colorado
Travel Supreme 42DS04
GX470-FMCA - Travel less now - But still love to be on the Road
States traveled in this Coach

Mountain_Mama
Explorer
Explorer
Busskipper wrote:
4huskers wrote:

Golden Clear Creek 4 and 6 - You are in the town of Golden _ within walking of the Creek (water) the rec center the Playground with everything they would enjoy - Ball fields are 1/2 block the Library is a block - Ice cream in town - about 1000' restaurants of all descriptions.

Did I mention it is the best place we have ever stayed with our Granddaughters when they were between the age of 1-7 They are now 7 and 9 and they still always ask to visit even when we fly out.

You are just minutes from downtown and a few more minutes from up in the Mountains.

OK now for the bad news - No Reservations-but if you call at 7 you can get on the list (we start at 6:55 and still are rarely the first on the list. If you miss out try the Jeffco Fairgrounds - just a few miles away and a good place to wait if you are not able to get right in,

BOL,

I just looked at the Golden Clear Creek website & there is a link for reservations.
2003 Holiday Rambler Alumascape 34RLT

Veebyes
Explorer II
Explorer II
Have done Chatfield SP, Denver & St Vrain SP, Longmont. Like them both. St Vrain, the power only section is much nicer.
Boat: 32' 1996 Albin 32+2, single Cummins 315hp
40+ night per year overnighter

2007 Alpenlite 34RLR
2006 Chevy 3500 LT, CC,LB 6.6L Diesel

Ham Radio: VP9KL, IRLP node 7995

Martyn
Nomad
Nomad
jeffcarp wrote:
At Cherry Creek State Park how deep into the park are the campgrounds? The reason I ask is that we are considering staying there for a couple nights and then using Uber to take us to a few places. Obviously Uber will not pay any fees to actually come inside the park so is it within easy walking distance from the actual camp grounds to get out to a public area where Uber can pick us up?

Campground is on the south side of the park, very close to Parker Road. There are several bike trails, exiting the park to the road, that don't even go through the park entrance. About a 5 minute walk to the closest campsite. Within a 10 minute walk is a light rail station which will take you all over the metro area.
2020 Keystone Cougar Half-Ton 27SGS;
2019 Dodge Ram 2500 QC 4x4 6.4 Hemi BigHorn;
DEMCO Autoslide; 2 Honda EU2000i's;
Our Website

jeffcarp
Explorer
Explorer
At Cherry Creek State Park how deep into the park are the campgrounds? The reason I ask is that we are considering staying there for a couple nights and then using Uber to take us to a few places. Obviously Uber will not pay any fees to actually come inside the park so is it within easy walking distance from the actual camp grounds to get out to a public area where Uber can pick us up?
2011 Born Free 22' Class C Rear Side Kitchen

Martyn
Nomad
Nomad
Cherry Creek State Park, or Chatfield State Park - both close to town, but quiet.

You could also consider Boyd Lake State Park in Loveland - I will be there Memorial weekend - about an hour north of Denver but it is close to town, quiet and a great gateway for going up to the mountains/Rocky Mountain National Park. ๐Ÿ™‚
2020 Keystone Cougar Half-Ton 27SGS;
2019 Dodge Ram 2500 QC 4x4 6.4 Hemi BigHorn;
DEMCO Autoslide; 2 Honda EU2000i's;
Our Website

4huskers
Explorer
Explorer
Thanks for all the replies.

pconroy328
Explorer
Explorer
intheburbs wrote:
Johnson's Corner - Cinammon rolls. Mmmmm...

About four years ago I took a job in Fort Collins. Now I drive by those every day. And every day it's a battle:

"Must...
not...
turn...
in...
for...
a Cinnamon...
roll!

Must...
not..."

๐Ÿ™‚

TyroneandGladys
Explorer
Explorer
K Charles wrote:
Cherry creek state park.
Tyrone & Gladys
27' 1986 Coachmen

Busskipper
Explorer
Explorer
4huskers wrote:

BOL,
Busskipper
Maryland/Colorado
Travel Supreme 42DS04
GX470-FMCA - Travel less now - But still love to be on the Road
States traveled in this Coach

intheburbs
Explorer
Explorer
Johnson's Corner - Cinammon rolls. Mmmmm...
2008 Suburban 2500 3LT 3.73 4X4 "The Beast"
2013 Springdale 303BHS, 8620 lbs
2009 GMC Sierra 1500 Denali (backup TV, hot rod)
2016 Jeep JKU Sahara in Tank, 3.23 (hers)
2010 Jeep JKU Sahara in Mango Tango PC, 3.73 (his)

K_Charles
Explorer
Explorer
Cherry creek state park.

tmm2good
Explorer
Explorer
Are you looking for something in the Denver area metro ? or out in the sticks a bit? In Denver, there are several options, Cherry Creek or Chatfield state park, Dakota Ridge in Golden, Clear Creek RV park in Golden. Outside of town a bit, there is Golden GAte canyon state Park, plus several others. 25 - 50 miles from Downtown Denver does not get you very far out of town. If you do a search here in this forum for "Denver" you will have lots of reading to keep you busy.
18 GD Momentum 376
13 GMC Denali Dually D/A
Motorcycles / ATV's

sdianel_-acct_c
Explorer
Explorer
69 miles north of Denver in Fort Collins is Fort Collins Lakeside KOA. Lots of things for kids to do. Very family friendly.
39 miles east is Denver East Strasburg KOA. Again, kid friendly.
Lonny & Diane
2004 Country Coach Allure 33' "Big Blue"
Towing 2008 Chev Colorado 4x4
Semper Fi