cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

El Nino forecast: Texas Chilly

Snowman9000
Explorer
Explorer
Here is a 42 second video forecast for the US Winter. If they are correct, Winter Texans might be in for one of those cold years. We are going to AZ and it's supposed to be cooler and wetter too. Yes, I realize that long term forecasts are not super accurate. Still, I've experienced enough El Nino winters to see the patterns myself.

Weather Channel Video
Currently RV-less but not done yet.
22 REPLIES 22

2gypsies1
Explorer
Explorer
Mid-70's and sun today in Arizona! Ahhhh.....
Full-Timed for 16 Years
.... Back in S&B Again
Traveled 8 yr in a 40' 2004 Newmar Dutch Star Motorhome
& 8 yr in a 33' Travel Supreme 5th Wheel

wildtoad
Explorer II
Explorer II
Just wait... California will get a large amount of rain due to El Niรฑo and then complain about how much they get. Same happened here last month. My water bill said to conserve water as we were in mild drought conditions. Then we get almost 20 inches of rain, over 30 dams break and we have much more water than we could ever need. Next water bill still says we are in a mild drought.
Tom Wilds
Blythewood, SC
2016 Newmar Baystar Sport 3004
2015 Jeep Wrangler 2dr HT

pawatt
Explorer
Explorer
So as I read it, it looks like south Texas and Ariz should be 1 degree below normal? Is that correct? We should be able to survive that?
pawatt

Murphsmom
Explorer
Explorer
We had 20*F last night in western Idaho. The central mountains were at -20*F! Snow is desperately needed in our mountains, but it looks like we may be too far north for much of it.

Ivylog
Explorer III
Explorer III
I've been following Joe Bastardi for six years and his forecast have been real close as he's more a weather historian. He has a free Saturday video that will help to explain how it can be cold in the south while it's warmer than normal in the north. Takes more than one Saturday to get a grasp of what's going on.

Below are his two forecasts from April and the updated one in August which is similar to the WX channel's above. For what it's worth, he predicted that Mass would get hammered with snow last winter. Check the Published dates.
4/29/15

Updated 8/27/15

4/29/15

Updated 8/27/15
This post is my opinion (free advice). It is not intended to influence anyone's judgment nor do I advocate anyone do what I propose.
Sold 04 Dynasty to our son after 14 great years.
Upgraded with a 08 HR Navigator 45โ€™...

John_Joey
Explorer
Explorer
If we were to take it at face value that graphic makes no sense. You have a subtropical jet stream going west to east, and out of nowhere a cold zone appeared.

Now exactly how does that work. :h
Thereโ€™s no fool, like an old fool.

TomG2
Explorer
Explorer
With forty some degrees last night and even colder north of here, the forecast for a cool RGV winter may be correct.

BarbaraOK
Explorer
Explorer
Remember, California and Arizona desperately need the rain and snow.

Barb & Dave O'Keeffe - full-timing since 2006

Figment II

(2002 Alpine 36 MDDS) ๐Ÿ™‚
2018 Ford C-Max HYBRID
[purple]FMCA - F337834, SKP #90761[/purple]
Our Blog