cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Elkhorn campground Frankfort Ky

sele
Explorer
Explorer
Has anybody been to this campground? WE are looking for a nice campground in the central area of Kentucky. Would prefer somewhere around Versailles area. Thanks for any and all help.
scott
6 REPLIES 6

losingit
Explorer
Explorer
We stayed here once, it's a clean park, not a lot to do but it is close to town and the highway. The sites are VERY close and there were quite a few residents on site. But like I said, very clean and maintained.

I'd recommend KY Horse park. We've stayed there several times, always had a good time. Lots to do, close to town.
2014 Ram 2500 Big Horn Crew Cab 4x4
2014 Radiance 31DSBH

Bob806
Explorer III
Explorer III
I've been there twice, only for a one night stop both times. The CG is very clean, they take great care of it. Close to one of the whiskey distilleries (can't remember which one).

ct1964ups
Explorer
Explorer
sele wrote:
Has anybody been to this campground? WE are looking for a nice campground in the central area of Kentucky. Would prefer somewhere around Versailles area. Thanks for any and all help.

We were coming from Indiana and stopped in Georgetown,Ky at Whispering Hills Campground is relatively new and a great campground....Chuck
2017 Newmar Mountain Aire Seville on a Freightliner/2015 Granite Grand Cherokee Limited
2012 American Tradition Merlot>>SOLD
Keep The Rubber On The Road
GO NOLES

The_Kroc
Explorer
Explorer
Last Fall, we stayed at Taylorsville Lake State Park and were pleasantly surprised how nice it was. Large sites, water & electric, and lots of scenery. Close to Louisville, Bardstown, Old Fort Harrodsburg, Battle of Perryville (Civil War), Pleasant Hill (Shaker Village) and all the Lexington sites. All the campsites on the outside of the loops are heavily wooded in the back. Keep an eye out for the "Bluegrass Bigfoot".

lc0338
Explorer
Explorer
park reviews

no personal experience

FLGup
Explorer
Explorer
I haven't been there, but I can recommend KY Horse Park. Have you been there?
FL-Guppie "small fish in a big pond"
2024 Grand Design 22MLE
2018 Ford F150 SuperCrew 3.5L Ecoboost, maxtow