cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Favorite COE park in your state

Mountain_Mama
Explorer
Explorer
I was just looking at my Camping with COE book and noticed a park marked that we've never been too so I'm sure I marked it from a recommendation from someone on this forum. This got me to thinking..why not share our favorite COE parks in our home states?? Plese share your's and why it the favorite.

I'll start with Sanders Cove on Pat Mayse Lake. It has pine trees, sites are roomy, and has good fishing (we're told anyway as we're not fishermen). I know once we were there and there was a fishing tournament was going on...That's the only negative we've had about it...The roar of boat motors early in the morning wasn't too enjoyable, but it didn't last long.
2003 Holiday Rambler Alumascape 34RLT
96 REPLIES 96

JCGibson
Explorer
Explorer
In the Branson area, any of the COE parks on Table Rock Lake are good. We usually stay at Indian Point, Mill Creek, and Campbell Point.

We have also stayed at Bucksaw on Lake Truman near Clinton.

We recently stayed at Persimmon Hills on Enid Lake in Mississippi.
John (USAF Retired) Cheryl (Mid School Teacher)
'16 Newmar Ventana 3709 Sold
'16 Tiffin Allegro 36LA traded
'11 Dodge 3500 Crewcab sold
'14 EverGreen Bayhill 295RL sold
'12 Voltage V3200 sold
'09 BigHorn 3400 sold
'06 Jayco Octane sold
'04 Jayco Baja sold

mdcamping
Explorer
Explorer
Some of the scenic trails at Winhall Brook COE, VT

We absolutely loved this place, the lazy river cuts through middle of the campground, great for getting sun on the rocky edges, wading, tubing, swimming! :C

Going back next month! :C

Mike
2022 F-150 3.5 EcoBoost 4X4 Supercrew GCWR 19,500 157WB
Payload 2476 Maxtow 13,800 3.73 Equalizer 4 Pt Sway Hitch
2017 Jayco Jay Flight 24RBS
Old TV, 07 Toyota Tacoma, Double Cab, Factory Tow Pkg, retired towing at 229K. (Son now owns truck)

Debbie
Explorer
Explorer
botts12 wrote:
Hickory Creek just north of Dallas, TX. Also Old Federal just north of Atlanta,GA.

We love Hickory Creek, TX.
I wanna go where I haven't been, but still wanna see what I've seen again!

doxiemom11
Explorer II
Explorer II
Wallace Creek at Enid Lake - MS
and Cole's Creek at Carlyle IL

We have been to several and they have all been very clean and well kept. I suggest the person that never stays at one because of old rumors should give them a try. Many have been re-done and have FHU sites available. Just make sure you don't head to a tent only park with a big RV.

TxTwoSome
Explorer
Explorer
Bumpus Mills in Tennessee is great. Also Twin Lakes in South Carolina, Duckett Mill in Georgia.

We always stay at COE when we have the chance.

Here in Texas a couple of good ones are Live Oak Ridge on Lake Belton and Mill Creek on Lake Sam Rayburn
Bruce & Cindy (Chihuahua's Rambo & Chuy)
2016 Jayco 23RLSW
2014 Ram 1500 5.7 Hemi
Blue Ox SwayPro

TxTwoSome
Explorer
Explorer
reubenray wrote:
Being Louisiana does not have any COE campgrounds I have to pick one somewhere else. We are at Gunter Hill in Alabama right now and love it. We had planned on staying only 7 nights, but have decided to stay 14 nights instead.

There is one in Louisiana up east of Shreveport. Never been but it is on our list of COE campgrounds to go to.
Bruce & Cindy (Chihuahua's Rambo & Chuy)
2016 Jayco 23RLSW
2014 Ram 1500 5.7 Hemi
Blue Ox SwayPro

Mountain_Mama
Explorer
Explorer
OP here... Thought I'd bump this back up to see if there are any others who want to share!

Mountain_Mama
Explorer
Explorer
Any others we've missed??

wvcampers
Explorer
Explorer
Mountain Mama wrote:
wvcampers wrote:
We stay at Bulltown Camp 2 or 3 times each camping season. Very clean and well cared for. They are usually wanting campground hosts if anyone is looking. They have a designated area for the Hosts to camp and it is not with the rest of the campers.

In what state is this park?

It is on Burnsville Lake in West Virginia. It is not a state park, just COE. If you have a seniors pass they will honor it. You can stay for $15 a night with full hook ups.
2017 F350 6.7 CC Lariat DRW
2018 Cardinal Luxury Edition 3250 RLX

Chock_Full_o__N
Explorer
Explorer
luvztheoutdoorz1 wrote:
BTW, one of the best things about COE is that the Senior pass is accepted!

We need a thumbs-up smiley. ๐Ÿ˜› How could I forget that they take DHs Access pass?
"Those who dwell...among the beauties and mysteries of the earth are never alone or weary of life."--Rachel Carson, environmentalist, 1956

2009 Ford F250 XL
2006 Dutchmen 25F
Me & DH in non-parenting mode!

mdcamping
Explorer
Explorer
VT Skier wrote:

When you are there take a drive over to Jamaica state park you may like it there as well for future reference.

We'll check into it.

Mike
Old TV, 07 Toyota Tacoma, Double Cab, Factory Tow Pkg, retired towing at 229K. (Son now owns truck)

SC_camper
Explorer
Explorer
Our go to COE park is Springfield COE on Lake Hartwell in SC. Most of the sites are lake front and I rarely need to level the camper side to side. 5 or 6 loops to choose from, two lane dump station, clean bathhouse and paved roads. I wish they had a longer camping season.

mdcamping
Explorer
Explorer
Tvov wrote:
Well, may have been too much talk about Winhall Brook... now wife and I are thinking about heading up there this summer.

Hi Tvov, Read this recent thread on Winhall Brook COE. Lots of good info!

now lets keep this quiet, we can't let word get out anymore! :B

Mike

luvztheoutdoor1
Explorer
Explorer
BTW, one of the best things about COE is that the Senior pass is accepted!
Linda
Scout, 10 year old Husky/Shepherd
2011 Jayco Greyhawk 26DS