cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Favorite restaurants in Yuma?

RVcrazy
Explorer
Explorer
We are in the foothills at Fortuna de Oro. It looks like most of the restaurants are quite a trek... What are your favorites? We like Chinese, Mexican, Seafood & breakfast. Not in to BBQ. Looking for lunch... Thanks!
13 REPLIES 13

bobsallyh
Explorer II
Explorer II
denn0007, we might have run into you on the Friday night fish fry. Might also add, they have good chicken fried steak at breakfast. Another thought, on the 1st and 3rd Tuesdays of the month, at St. John Newman Catholic Church on 40th St. in the Foothills has a terrific breakfast. 7AM-10AM, $7.00 all you can handle. I have no affiliation with this, just eat there.

denn0007
Explorer
Explorer
We have always had excellent food and a big selection at the Foothills Restaurant

slugo4449
Explorer
Explorer
Thai Yuma Cuisine in the same shopping center as Da Boyz, Fortuna and S. Frontage Rd.
Goldsburough Bakery for Soup and Sandwich lunches and bake goods, Fortuna Rd almost to E 40th.
Copper Miner is always crowded during the Snowbird season, on Foothills Blvd.
Fortuna Del Oro has a restaurant and it is good during the winter.
In and Out Burger on Hwy 95 in front of Sam's Club
Papa Murphy's Take and Bake on Pacific.
Chick Fil A on Hwy 95 By Sam's

and finally!
Kraft Macaroni and Cheese from Fry's.

pjsky
Explorer
Explorer
We like Los Manjares De Pepe on west 8th st. When it comes to Mexican food, this place is the real deal.
No person is completely worthless ..... one can always serve as a bad example.

PAUL AND JAN

pjsky
Explorer
Explorer
pjsky wrote:
bobsallyh wrote:
Lins Chinese Buffet, 16th and Pacific; Copper Miner, Foothills Blvd.; Chicken on the Run, S. Frontage RD., between Fortuna and Foothills; Stan's Grocery 1920 S 1st Ave. for breakfast burritos, Mr. G's Drive In 501 S. 4th. I'll think of more later, but we don't do fancy, I want fed!

Copper Miner is permanently closed.

I was referring to the downtown location. Sorry I didn't make that clear. There are problems with the building. It is not worth fixing up and I assume that it will be razed.

PAUL AND JAN

RCMAN46
Explorer
Explorer
I just drove by the Copper Miner in the foothills a couple hours ago.

There were at least 2 dozen cars in the parking lot and they had a special on the sign board. I would assume they are still open.

I had breakfast there many times last year and they were excellent.

bobsallyh
Explorer II
Explorer II
Then it just closed last night! The location on Foothills Blvd is running full bore. Breakfast specials, lunch specials, all you can eat in the evenings. The one in "Old Town" did shut down, as John opened the Omega on 32nd in the I think it is now the Airport Inn. RV Crazy, since you are on the east end, jump on the super slab(I-8) or go back to Fortuna , north on 95 to Dome Valley RD. and go out to Lagurta Station near Wellton for breakfast for burgers. If you are a Elks Lodge member, the Yuma Elks has a fried chicken buffet on Tuesday nights and a seafood buffet on Friday nights, and prime rib on Saturday nights.

Thunder_Mountai
Explorer II
Explorer II
La Fonda Tortilla Factory is a local favorite. We eat there a couple times while in Yuma. Nothing fancy to look at but most good Mexican restaurants aren't.
2016 Winnebago Journey 40R
2018 Rubicon
1982 FJ40 Toyota Land Cruiser
2020 Keystone Outback 327CG
2020 Dodge Ram 2500
Polaris RZR XP 1000
4 Cats
3 Dogs
1 Bottle of Jack Daniels
Two old hippies still trying to find ourselves!

pjsky
Explorer
Explorer
bobsallyh wrote:
Lins Chinese Buffet, 16th and Pacific; Copper Miner, Foothills Blvd.; Chicken on the Run, S. Frontage RD., between Fortuna and Foothills; Stan's Grocery 1920 S 1st Ave. for breakfast burritos, Mr. G's Drive In 501 S. 4th. I'll think of more later, but we don't do fancy, I want fed!

Copper Miner is permanently closed.

PAUL AND JAN

bobsallyh
Explorer II
Explorer II

Trackrig
Explorer II
Explorer II
I've subscribed to this post to see what others come up with. I found very few good places to eat in Yuma, but here is one:

Julieannas Patio Cafรฉ, 1951 W 25th St, (928) 317-1961

It's little hard to find, you might want to put it in your GPS.

Bill
Nodwell RN110 out moose hunting. 4-53 Detroit, Clark 5 spd, 40" wide tracks, 10:00x20 tires, 16,000# capacity, 22,000# weight. You know the mud is getting deep when it's coming in the doors.

hotjag1
Explorer II
Explorer II
Burgers and Beers on 4th Ave has a great shrimp burger. It's loaded with shrimp!
hotjag1
2003 40' Allegro Bus, 3 slides, 400hp 8.9 liter ISL Cummins

2000 24' Dynamax Isata

Doss
Explorer
Explorer
Never had Chinese there. Plenty of good Mexican
Da Boyz is good for dinner, italian/Greek with good pizza
Burgers and Beer is a good hang out place
Brownies is a good cafe for breakfast.
2022 Cruiser RV MPG 3400BH
2022 Chevrolet 2500 HD 4x4