cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Fishing Bridge site sizes?

1320quick
Explorer
Explorer
We are planning a Yellowstone trip this summer and would like to stay at Fishing Bridge based upon it's location and full hookups. My question has to do with the size of the sites. We have a Sundance 285TS (I always equate that to 28.5') 5th wheel. When looking at the reservation website, it breaks down the sites at 30ft or less, 35ft or less and 40ft or less. The week we would like to go shows the 35ft and 40ft sites sold out. The only sites available are 30ft or less. While the 5th wheel is badged 285TS, the physical length is 31'4". The spare tire and bumper hanging off the back account for 16".

My wife thinks we will be fine in the 30ft or less site. I'm a more "by the book" kinda guy and worry the site will not fit our 5th wheel and we could be turned away. Any one know how strict they are on length? Thoughts????
2002 GMC 2500HD 2WD, SRW LB 8.1 Allison
2014 Heartland Sundance XLT 285TS
1998 Champion 190SX - 175hp Johnson FastStrike
17 REPLIES 17

Padlin
Explorer
Explorer
If you use google map and zoom in on Earth mode you'll see most folks park alongside as mentioned by others.
Happy Motoring
Bob & Deb

W Ma.
12 F150 HD SCAB EcoBoost LB 4x4
14 Escape 5.0 TA

hotpepperkid
Explorer
Explorer
Grizzly looks like a parking lot to me
2019 Ford F-350 long bed SRW 4X4 6.4 PSD Grand Designs Reflection 295RL 5th wheel

1320quick
Explorer
Explorer
GeoBoy wrote:
hotpepperkid wrote:
scrubjaysnest wrote:
We stayed at Fishing Bridge a number of years ago, sites were painted lines on asphalt. Won't do that again as we don't like parking lots.

That sure limits where you are going to stay. Most camp grounds are like that

Not Grizzly RV Park.

Grizzly RV park is nice for sure. We stayed there two years ago. We really liked West Yellowstone as well. Unfortunately it is just such a long drive to the areas of the park that we liked best. We like searching for animals and such in Hayden and Lamar valley as well as being around Yellowstone lake. We just felt like being at Fishing bridge would make for less driving and more time doing things. Like others, we don't spend hardly any time in the campground. I understand there are nicer campgrounds but we really just wanted someplace with hookup to park the camper while we look for bears and wolves....

GeoBoy
Explorer
Explorer
hotpepperkid wrote:
scrubjaysnest wrote:
We stayed at Fishing Bridge a number of years ago, sites were painted lines on asphalt. Won't do that again as we don't like parking lots.

Not Grizzly RV Park.

hotpepperkid
Explorer
Explorer
scrubjaysnest wrote:

2019 Ford F-350 long bed SRW 4X4 6.4 PSD Grand Designs Reflection 295RL 5th wheel

1320quick
Explorer
Explorer
Thank you to everyone that took the time to reply. I made reservations this morning so we are all set. We changed the week were are going to a week that Fishing Bridge had availability of the larger 35' sites. We are staying 4 days at Colter bay in the Tetons and 5 days at Fishing Bridge. Got two sites at both campgrounds. Really looking forward to this trip as we will be traveling with my parents. They are finally retired and just bought their first RV so this will be our first "RV" vacation with them.

tsetsaf
Explorer III
Explorer III
You will fit in the 30' site BUT be ready to pull the spare tire if they get out the measuring stick. There is not a lot of overhang on the sites so may have to anyways. You can get a better idea of what I mean by seeing it here
2006 Ram 3500
2014 Open Range
"I don't trust my own advise!"

RinconVTR
Explorer
Explorer
We stayed on a 30ft site last summer and with the Hensley we were a hair over 28' "bumper to ball". Were were at the limit for sure. It was real tight, as was getting into and out of the site.

As far as it being a parking lot...yeah...that's the point of this place!

IMO you should ONLY park and sleep there, not waste any part of the day there.

You should be out in the park dawn to dusk. Or at least from when you get up and not get back until nighttime.

scrubjaysnest
Explorer
Explorer
Axis 24.1 class A 500watts solar TS-45CC Trimetric
Very noisy generator :M
2016 Wrangler JK dinghy
โ€œThey who would give up essential Liberty, to purchase a little temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety.โ€ Benjamin Franklin

hotpepperkid
Explorer
Explorer
We stayed at Fishing Bridge several years ago and have a measured 33' 5er towed by a F-350 super cab long bed. It was a tight fit backing in but had room next to it for the truck. There were more mosquitos than pepper flakes in a bucket of pepper and they were as big as humming birds. It was the last week of June and the temps got down to the low 30's at night

2gypsies1
Explorer
Explorer
Here's more information on Fishing Bridge. Your truck will be parked next to you, not in front. You will fit in that site.

Fishing Bridge RV
Full-Timed for 16 Years
.... Back in S&B Again
Traveled 8 yr in a 40' 2004 Newmar Dutch Star Motorhome
& 8 yr in a 33' Travel Supreme 5th Wheel

GeoBoy
Explorer
Explorer
Ron, do yourself a favor, stay at Grizzly RV park in the town of West Yellowstone and enjoy your visit to Yellowstone NP.

bgum
Explorer
Explorer
Rent a 30 ft site. You will have a lot of fun getting that thing in the site. It will be very tight but will fit. You can park the TV elsewhere if necessary.

JesLookin
Explorer
Explorer
Your camper is 31' 4". Model number does not represent the length. A few years back when we camped at Fishing Bridge with our 5er & truck, the truck parked along side the 5er. There wasn't much other spare room on the site, but we didn't go there to hang around the camp site.
2013 Arctic Fox 27-5L
2014 Ram 3500 6.7L CTD, Crew Cab