cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Gattlinburg / Pigeon Forge Tn

foster_hill
Explorer
Explorer
We are planing a 2 week trip too Tennesee in Oct looking for a large RV park with good ammineties.
''Nothin better too do''
20 REPLIES 20

Brandon327
Explorer
Explorer
That is what I wanted to do but did not know about overhead clearance. We are going to leave here and head over the mountain and spend a few days.
2013 gmc 3500 hd cc Drw 4x4
2016 Dutchmen voltage 3990

TPUC
Explorer
Explorer
Up and over Thru the park! Just take your time and your be fine.
2012 Nissan Titan Pro 4X
2014 Cruiser Aire

Brandon327
Explorer
Explorer
Anybody know the best route from pigeon forge to Cherokee pulling a 5er?

93Cobra2771
Explorer
Explorer
Pine Mountain is a very nice place, but a bit spendy.

We stay at RiverBend just off the the parkway in Pigeon Forge. Great sites, very quiet campground. However, doesn't really have any amenities other than a bath house, laundy room, and singing on the weekends under the pavilion.

Price is more than right, however. No "peak season" vs off season rates, they stay the same all year. Run by a great bunch of people.

Almost all sites are paved, and all roads are paved as well. Very quiet campground.
Richard White
2011 F150 Ecoboost SCREW 145" 4x4
Firestone Ride-Rite Air Springs/Air Lift Wireless Controller
2006 Sportsmen by KZ 2604P (30')
Hensley Arrow

viper48
Explorer
Explorer
I will x 6 on River Plantation. We are going there this weekend and next weekend. We have stayed at several of the other CG's in the area but prefer River Plantation. The staff has always been friendly and the CG is always in good shape. This past year they paved the whole outer loop of the CG
2012 Forest River Work And Play Model WPT30WR Toy Hauler
2008 Ford F350 XLT Super Duty Crew Cab DRW 6.4 Litre Diesel 4x4

Brandon327
Explorer
Explorer
We are currently at pine mountain rv park. It is a nice and clean park. The pull through sites are a little short for a 42' 5er and the tv. I don't have room to park my truck at the site.

Tripalot
Explorer
Explorer
We enjoyed our 10 night stay at River Plantation in Fall of 2011. If you decide to stay there, try and get a site that backs up to the river. Great views and very large sites. Make reservations ASAP. The caravan companies often have rallies there in the Fall because of the amenities.
2014 Triple E Regency GT24MB (Murphy Bed) with all the good stuff
towing a 2016 Jeep Cherokee TrailHawk
Berkley, the amazing camping cat missed dearly (1996-2012)

TPUC
Explorer
Explorer
Foothills RV Park is a great little park with almost no traffic at all in the campground. It is on the south end of the parkway
2012 Nissan Titan Pro 4X
2014 Cruiser Aire

B_s_Bunch
Explorer
Explorer
Ziphead2 wrote:
We are going the end of Sep to pine mountain looks like a good park

Pine mtn is a newer and very nice and very clean park. We have stayed there several times. You can use the motel across the road for pool hot tub ect. Trolly stops right in front of the motel. If you are going to spend most of your time in Downtown Pigion Forge this would be my choice. I dont always want to spend all my time in PF and we prefer River Plantation. Also a great park in my opinion. There are several nice parks in the area and there are also a couple I would not care to camp in. Again just my PO. Go and have a great time no reason not to it is a great area. Larry
Larry,Brenda,Travis,Jarred & MEME the Boston Terror:E TheBunch 2011 American Coach Revolution 42T:C The Double Wide

RvingMike
Explorer
Explorer
X4 on River Plantation!
Mike

2004 GMC 8100/Allison 3500 Dually
2004 36' Mobile Suite

Oaklevel
Explorer
Explorer
Where ever you decide make reservations ASAP that is in the middle of the Fall "Leaf turning season" & usually very busy.............

HappyCamper89
Explorer
Explorer
If you can't find a site near Gatlinburg/Pigeon Forge, Townsend Tn is a short drive away with several nice campgrounds. Our favorite is Tremont Outdoor Resort.
2009 Airstream Flying Cloud 25FB
2007 Chevy 2500HD LTZ Extended Cab Duramax

bodyshop_bob
Explorer
Explorer
By "amenities" are you referring to pools, cable TV, wifi, etc.? That's pretty standard fare for most CG's in the area. If you are looking for large sites with room for an EZ Up and dog-walking area, good luck.
As mentioned here already River Plantation has a large fan club. I've driven through the place twice and it just doesn't speak to me. Clabough's off Wear's Valley Road is okay as long as you don't get to close the place where they offer karaoke. If I heard one more rotten rendition of "Jesus take the wheel" I was going to snap.
Bob & Carla
Josh & Emily
mostly Lab mix Eryn
Chase is waiting for us at the Bridge
2007 Chevrolet 2500 D/A
2015 Jayco 339 FLQS

Ziphead2
Explorer II
Explorer II
We are going the end of Sep to pine mountain looks like a good park