cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Gettysburg, PA

AJMom
Explorer
Explorer
We're planning a three night trip to Gettysburg the first weekend of November, with our class C and my sister-in-law's 42' class A. I'm looking for recommendations for RV parks in the area, nothing fancy, just clean and with good sites for the larger RV. Thanks!
14 REPLIES 14

Drbolasky
Explorer
Explorer
Gettysburg CG is out top choice when there. No, the sites are not spacious but IMHO it's the best CG in the area.

Doug, Linda, Audrey (USN) & Andrew

2008 Sequoia SR-5, 5.7 L, 2000 Coachmen Futura 2790TB Bunkhouse, Dexter E-Z Flex Suspension, Reese W.D. Hitch/Dual Cam Sway Control, Prodigy Brake Controller, McKesh Mirrors
:B

AJMom
Explorer
Explorer
Thank you!

murph103
Explorer
Explorer
Just to let you know...the 1st weekend in November is a Halloween weekend at Artillery Ridge.

AJMom
Explorer
Explorer
1775 wrote:
You may not have as much of a choice as it sounds. Some of these campgrounds close before November or in the first week for the season.

I noticed that when I started looking, thanks! We decided on Artillery Ridge, as it's very close to the battlefield and I might be able to convince my kids to try horseback riding (although I doubt it!) Even so, we have a site near the stables, and they'll enjoy seeing the horses!

Thanks again for everyone's input!!!

Norskeman
Explorer
Explorer
We stay at Round Top when we go to Gettysburg.

http://roundtopcamp.com/
2017 Keystone Avalanche 320RS
TV - 2011 Chevy Silverado 3500HD LTZ CCLB Duramax SRW 4X4

Explorer
Explorer
You may not have as much of a choice as it sounds. Some of these campgrounds close before November or in the first week for the season.
Roadtrek 190 Popular 2011

Meryl and Me Hit the Road

AJMom
Explorer
Explorer
Thank so much everyone!

dblr
Explorer
Explorer
We have used Granite Hill and have always liked it, I would say they are all about the same in the area, all fairly nice
2017 River Stone Legacy 38MB
2001 Kenworth T2000
2009 Smart on the deck.

noe-place
Explorer
Explorer
I'm taking my grandson to see the battlefield. Which full hook up cg is closest to the battlefield since we don't toad. Is there a car rental place near Gettysburg by the way?

mdcamping
Explorer
Explorer
We liked Gettysburg Campground, place was clean, maintained.

Mike
2022 F-150 3.5 EcoBoost 4X4 Supercrew GCWR 19,500 157WB
Payload 2476 Maxtow 13,800 3.73 Equalizer 4 Pt Sway Hitch
2017 Jayco Jay Flight 24RBS
Old TV, 07 Toyota Tacoma, Double Cab, Factory Tow Pkg, retired towing at 229K. (Son now owns truck)

Crowe
Explorer
Explorer
We've stayed at Drummer Boy, Granite Hill and Artillery Ridge. Drummer Boy used to the be "premier" campground there but new management made a lot of people unhappy. Until that point it was a great campground. Granite Hill is fine as long as you are not on a "post site". Artillery Ridge is just as described above-no frills and basic, but clean, well run, and fine for larger rigs.

I may not have gone where I intended to go, but I think I have ended up where I needed to be

Douglas Adams

[purple]RV-less for now but our spirits are still on the open road. [/purple]

LindaAnn
Explorer
Explorer
We stayed at Drummer Boy a couple of years ago and liked it. It's got lots of different areas to accommodate any size RV.

2_Retired
Explorer
Explorer
We've stayed at Gettysburg Campground. Sites are not spacious, but the location is great. Actually, none of the sites at any of the CG's in the area are very large. We've also stayed at Drummer Boy, but that was many years ago. check out www.rvparkreviews.com for good reviews.
Two young retirees restless to GO!
Life is too short to wait too long to do all we want to do!!
Go and enjoy!!

I_am_still_wayn
Explorer
Explorer
I returned from a visit to Gettysburg in September and stayed at Artillery Ridge. Basic no frills campground very close to the Park Visitor center and the price was about half what some of the other parks want. I would stay there again.