cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

GLEN CANYON--LAKE POWELL

TOMMY47
Explorer
Explorer
Will be there in mid June. Thinking of staying a few days.
Hookup not mandatory. What locations are best. Either in official campgrounds or on shore? Will be in a van pulling very small trailer.
11 REPLIES 11

2gypsies1
Explorer
Explorer
At Lone Rock we stayed high and dry at the site just beyond the entrance booth on the left. It gave us a beautiful view of the lake and surrounding area. We didn't park on the beach. You can easily walk to it or drive your tow vehicle.
Full-Timed for 16 Years
.... Back in S&B Again
Traveled 8 yr in a 40' 2004 Newmar Dutch Star Motorhome
& 8 yr in a 33' Travel Supreme 5th Wheel

Itchey_Feet
Explorer
Explorer
We would also caution camping near the river at Lone Rock, especially now that the water level is so low. We followed what we thought was the road and got very stuck in our 33 ft. trailer and 1-ton. Apparently, the tow services in Page are reluctant to retrieve distressed campers from the "beach" area. Luckily, we found a local who enjoys playing in the sand, and along with another 4-wheel drive pulled us out to dry land. No more Page beach camping for us, thank you.
My feet are fine as long as they are traveling.

2gypsies1
Explorer
Explorer
There's a large dry camping area just north of town on the east side of the highway called 'Lone Rock'. It's on the water.

It will be extremely hot in June.
Full-Timed for 16 Years
.... Back in S&B Again
Traveled 8 yr in a 40' 2004 Newmar Dutch Star Motorhome
& 8 yr in a 33' Travel Supreme 5th Wheel

Janss
Explorer
Explorer
As others stated, Wahweap campground is nice. Hookups or dry sites. Hookup area has the lake views, dry area not really. You can also stay at Lone Rock beach, camping on the sand at the water. There are a few toilets around. Of course, be careful to pick a place where the sand is fairly well packed. There is also Page Campground in the town of Page, more reasonably priced than Wahweap.

If your schedule allows, you might also want to spend a night at Lee's Ferry campground downstream from Glen Canyon dam, in the Marble Canyon area. No hookups there, but designated campground sites nicely located along the Colorado River.
2002 Itasca Suncruiser 32V
2012 Suzuki Grand Vitara

Executive45
Explorer III
Explorer III
If you have the Geezer card, you can save the entry fee into the park at Wahweep. Be sure to take the dam tour. Your genset will get a workout in June....I'd stay somewhere with full hookups. Wahweep is the ONLY campground with lake views......Dennis
We can do more than we think we can, but most do less than we think we do
Dennis and Debi Fourteen Years Full Timing
Monaco Executive M-45PBQ Quad Slide
525HP Cummins ISM 6 Spd Allison
2014 Chevrolet Equinox LTZ W/ ReadyBrute
CLICK HERE TO VIEW OUR TRAVEL BLOG

jolooote
Explorer
Explorer
I also recommend Wahweap. Great park with magnificent views. While in that area make sure to do the tour of Antelope slot canyon.
Joe & Charlotte

2020 Jayco Greyhawk Prestige 29MV Celestial Blue Full Body Paint E-450 305hp V10 6spd Class C 'COACH'

2012 Jeep Wrangler 285hp V6 'TOAD'

Gabby & Molly are Dogs
Leroy's a Conure, Loretta's a Squeaker

"Once it starts breakin'...GET RID OF IT!!!"

TOMMY47
Explorer
Explorer
NUT--thanks for the heads up on the ants.
I have a generator for the AC if I don't hook up.

Nutinelse2do
Explorer
Explorer
Wahweap is very nice. Large sites, and most have a great view of Lake Powell, like wc said.
It will be HOT in June, so plan accordingly. Bring ant spray and powder. Never seen larger mounds of millions of huge fire ants.
Living Our Dream
MTHRSHP - 2006 KSDP 3912
Cummins 350ISL...Spartan Chassis
ESC POD - 2019 Ford Ranger XLT FX4
Zippy Scoot- 2018 Honda PCX 150 on an Overbilt Lift
Shredder at the Rainbow Bridge - You Will Always Be With Us

wcbass
Explorer
Explorer
We love Wawheap Campgroundโ€ฆfull hook-ups and nice big sites. Many sites have nice views of Lake Powell. You can make reservations on-line if you likeโ€ฆsimply google for the web page. There is also a no hook-up area if you want to go that way.
2011 Cameo 35SB3 Fifth wheel
2015 Ford F350 4x4

Sandia_Man
Explorer II
Explorer II
Been to the Lake Powell area numerous times and I know we would need at least electric to run AC as it can get a bit hot during June. There are several RV parks in the area ranging from basic to resort style and are priced accordingly. Check RvParkReviews.com for pertinent info on prices and locations.

Tripalot
Explorer
Explorer
Sorry I can't remember the c.g. name, but we stayed at a very very nice c.g. last September. It was a state or government run park and heading west, we crossed over the dam and the turn off to the park was about l/2 mile beyond, the park was on the right side on the shores of the lake. The facilities were excellent. Wish I could give you definite information, but I do not have access to my travel log at the moment. It was a very nice area. Be sure to visit the info center for the dam.
2014 Triple E Regency GT24MB (Murphy Bed) with all the good stuff
towing a 2016 Jeep Cherokee TrailHawk
Berkley, the amazing camping cat missed dearly (1996-2012)