cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Good RV park in the south?

Doug_Armstrong
Explorer
Explorer
I am looking for a good RV park in the South - Arizona, Nevada, Texas where we can hot weather when we are there in Nov and Feb as well as store it for the months that we are not there? Any suggestions? We are brand new to this and just got and RV.

Thanks,

Doug
5 REPLIES 5

soricobob
Explorer
Explorer
Plenty of parks/storage in Apache Junction/Gold Canyon area of AZ. Also, Casa Grande, AZ has a few. Tucson has even more. Check out RVparkreviews.com, and it will lead you in the direction you want. Most prices at parks (for long term) are somewhat negotiable, so discuss it with the manager/owner as part of a package deal.

tatest
Explorer II
Explorer II
No hot weather in the southwest, Texas to Arizona, but there are a few places where it will most of the time be warm and not too often cold.

Extreme southern tip of Texas, what they cal Rio Grande Valley, actually just the lower valley (Rio Grande goes up into Colorado), Brownsville west to Mission and McAllen.

Low desert of Arizona, Phoenix and south and west, toward Tucson in one case, Yuma in the other.

Rio Grande valley in southern New Mexico, and from Alamagordo and west toward Deming.
Tom Test
Itasca Spirit 29B

Ka_Ron
Explorer
Explorer
Doug Armstrong wrote:
Thanks I will check them out. We have stayed at Sam's Town in Vegas many times, it is connected to the one you suggest? What is the average cost per night in these RV parks? Does it include everything or are the wifi, electricity, etc all extra?

Doug

Doug
If you go to the link I gave you you can go directly to the parks webpage and they have rates.
Sundance 1 goes from 24 -37 per night depending on the season, to 656.00 per month if you go long term

Doug_Armstrong
Explorer
Explorer
Thanks I will check them out. We have stayed at Sam's Town in Vegas many times, it is connected to the one you suggest? What is the average cost per night in these RV parks? Does it include everything or are the wifi, electricity, etc all extra?

Doug

Ka_Ron
Explorer
Explorer
Doug

When we were in Arizona we liked this park. Sundance 1

It is half way between Phoenix and Tucson. Great for touring both areas.

Nevada we liked Sams Town

Nice park off the strip and lots to do. Also they have a shuttle that will take you to the strip.