cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Highway West Vacations

GPWayne
Explorer
Explorer
Does anyone know about this company? Never heard of them before.

Pulled into Ocean Side RV park (Oregon) and noted the park had a new owner.

The big shock was the price....WOW. Location, location, location.

They really milk this money cow. But the place is full. Whatever people will pay, once anyway. Talked to other campers and most will not be back. The place is run down and costs too much.

Just too bad. I will not be surprised to see Condos replace this park.
6 REPLIES 6

Bigdog
Explorer
Explorer
We have stayed there several times going and coming from Ca on 101. There was an old guy there that ran the place and he'd park you perfectly. All the older rigs were in the back, it was $20 a nite and the shower in the shower room had an awesome needle spray that I loved. It was a short walk to the beach or the river. So they changed management and doubled the price. Actually $40 a nite for that place is better than some of the spots I've been in on the coast. We were just at Cape Kiwanda, which is a tight place with 90 degree back ins and 40' long sites and they're $50 per nite.

Hey folks, the days of $20-$30 a nite for full hook-ups is pretty well gone. We are finding that there are a lot of tent campers getting the state park hookup sites and even the private parks. They spend under a thousand bucks for tents, lanterns, sleeping bags, air mattresses and propane stoves, load it in their SUVs, pickups or a small utility trailer and away they go to a reserved spot with a 60' driveway and 50 amp service that you wanted.
GO COUGARS
2001 Tradewinds 7390 LTC
330 Cat Turbo Freightliner Chassis
2011 Jeep Liberty(toad)

'88 Mustang 5 Spd 5.0L GT convertible (not Toad)

Us_out_West
Explorer
Explorer
cpaulsen wrote:
Had stayed at Oceanside RV park in Charleston for years and stayed a night last fall. Totally different than what it used to be. Little houses there now for campers. Still good sites for rv's but just not the same. Knew it had been for sale for quite a while....most likely will not go back.

Actually this place needed a new owner. They cleaned out the old more permanent junky trailers that were near the entrance that gave a bad first impression.

The office has been completely modernized along with new staff who are very friendly.

They added about 8 new cabins which are very nice and all located at the front near the office. Friends of ours stayed in one for a few nights this past June and enjoyed while we were there for a month.

Our stay.

We like what they have done to improve and Oceanside RV Park will always be one of our favorites when on the Oregon coast. Obviously the location is primo.
Our Trip Journal

2012 Jayco Pinnacle (View)
36 KitchenPantryTripleSlide
MorRyde pin box and suspension, Curt Q24, Dual Pane windows, Auto Levelers, 2 AC's,and more.

2009 Silverado 3500HD 4X4 (View)
CC, Dura-Max 6.6/Allison,LB ,DRW,Amer. Tank 65 gal. Aux Fuel

cpaulsen
Explorer
Explorer
Had stayed at Oceanside RV park in Charleston for years and stayed a night last fall. Totally different than what it used to be. Little houses there now for campers. Still good sites for rv's but just not the same. Knew it had been for sale for quite a while....most likely will not go back.
cpaulsen

ourtravels
Explorer
Explorer
This past February we stayed at Palm Canyon Hotel & RV Resort, in Borrego Springs, CA, which is now owned by Highways West Vacations.

We really enjoyed it, and the staff were great. The monthly rate for next season, however, has increased by 50% (They are apparently improving the amenities). With the Canadian dollar being so low, it's really going to hit us in the pocketbook this year!
Margaret & Tony
Our border collie, Nash. RIP Kane, Paige
'No Bad Days'
2016 Ram 3500 Laramie 4x4 6.7L Cummins Turbo Diesel
2022 Alliance Paradigm 310RLS

rdmike
Explorer
Explorer
Stayed at one owned by same company in Spokane, WA. Loved the place. Pricey per night, but monthly was very good.
Fleetwood Providence 39L
Ford Fiesta Toad
Retired, spending our winters in Thailand / spring - fall traveling the great USA

amandasgramma
Explorer
Explorer
Pretty spendy...but becoming the norm for the Oregon coast.
My mind is a garden. My thoughts are the seeds. My harvest will be either flower or weeds

Dee and Bob
plus 2 spoiled cats
On the road FULL-TIME.......see ya there, my friend