cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

How much have you paid for propane and electric this winter?

Ivylog
Explorer III
Explorer III
I'm curious, what's your cost to stay warm/cool this winter.
Here in SE Fla where power is 15 cents/KW and I do not use any propane or diesel to heat my electric bill has run $27-38/month. We have needed more AC than heat so some people without as much shade as we have... their bill has been $60-75/month because of having to run their AC more.
So, how much $/KW is electric in your area, how much is propane, and how much is your total energy costs/month??? Thanks in advance.
This post is my opinion (free advice). It is not intended to influence anyone's judgment nor do I advocate anyone do what I propose.
Sold 04 Dynasty to our son after 14 great years.
Upgraded with a 08 HR Navigator 45โ€™...
9 REPLIES 9

TomG2
Explorer
Explorer
Another fifty degree day in South Texas. Most of the RV's in this park are spending over $120.00/month combined for electric and propane. A little less for the park models. For three months, we have been told, "It will warm up in the next few days". My coldest wettest winter down here in ten years.

DustyR
Explorer
Explorer
.12 per kilowatt and $27.00 per 30 pds of propane from delivery truck in park.

Electric Heating and cooling average this winter per month $54.
Propane average for heating $34.

Been a cool winter here in the southern tip of Texas.
2016 Open Range 319RLS
Tow Vehicle: 2008 Silverado 2500 HD
Duramax, Allison Transmission.

John_Joey
Explorer
Explorer
.08 per KW = $40/month mostly electric heat.

$25 30lb tank maybe one per month to fast heat the RV in the morning and to cook with.

Cold Texas RGV winter, some are saying the worst in 20 years. Seemed like a normal winter to me, maybe it lasted more like 8-10 weeks instead of the 2-6 weeks (but mostly 6).
Thereโ€™s no fool, like an old fool.

rv2go
Explorer
Explorer
Back in December I found propane for $2.40 a gal. Topped off the tank. Cost me $24 for the 10 gallons. No charge for electric this season.
Winnebago Journey
TN Lic. RV 2 GO
Jeep Cherokee 4x4
I'm here #4335
Blog

TomG2
Explorer
Explorer
$.15kw in Alamo, Texas. Over $90/month for this cool winter. Some, but not much propane at $22/30 pound tanks.

samsontdog
Explorer
Explorer
I have Park Models and RV Sites Rentals. Elect runs $93.96 for one lot,$78.01 for another,$156.11 for the next one, $71.15 for another. This was for Jan 2014
in Yuma Foothills.This is just 4 of my rentals lots. Two different renters on each but the total is for both at 14 cents KW
samsontdog:o:W

pianotuna
Nomad II
Nomad II
Hi,

0.12 per kwh. It is included in the campsite which is a whopping $239.00 per WEEK. I'm managing to not use any propane at all, I do run up to 5200 watts of electric heat. Call it an average of 3000 watts per hour.

0.12 X 3 x 24= $8.64 per day x 30= $259.20 per month.

In addition I'm running a car heater and block heater (not included in the above numbers).
Regards, Don
My ride is a 28 foot Class C, 256 watts solar, 556 amp-hours of Telcom jars, 3000 watt Magnum hybrid inverter, Sola Basic Autoformer, Microair Easy Start.

LynnandCarol
Explorer
Explorer
Here in South-TX (Rockport) we are .16kwh. Since we have been much colder this year as in the past four years, our electricity avg. has been $60/month (Nov.-Feb.). We utilize a 1500w heater for our primary heat. Propane just recently went up to $28 per 30lb. fill. It was previously $24 per fill. We expect it to go back down.

doxiemom11
Explorer II
Explorer II
Our electric is included in our monthly rate of $360 (MS) and propane here has gone from $3.49 - $4.00 per gallon. We did find a small place that was $3.50 gallon the last time. It has been cold this winter and we have a 33 gallon tank. We filled our tank end of July in MI and have now filled three times here with most of the last tank still remaining. So from Oct to now, propane has cost us about $120.00. We use an electric heater also.