Campground 101
Recommendations, reviews, and the inside scoop from fellow travelers.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Conversations

State Wide Burn Ban in Wa

All lands that come under state DNR protection now have a burn ban in effect. This includes fires in designated pits and includes campgrounds public and private.We are getting mixed signals about whether propane "faux fires" are OK. DNR says yeas a...

Dakzuki by Explorer
  • 27 replies
  • 0 likes

Tahquamenon Falls State Park

Hi - We're thinking of going to Tahquamenon Falls during Labor Day weekend and couldn't find any posts when searching this park. Just wondering if anyone has any experiences or know the difference between the different campgrounds in this park. Tha...

tc1 by Explorer
  • 18 replies
  • 0 likes

Dump fee for registered campers

We just returned from Westside regional park in Bodega Bay, Ca, which is operated by Sonoma county parks department. We usually stay there at least 3-5 times a year. They have added something new since our last visit in May. As of 7/1/2013 even if yo...

RognBon by Explorer
  • 22 replies
  • 0 likes

Texas

You hear of a lot of people going across the border from Yuma into Mexico for dental work and prescriptions. Is this also done if staying in Texas. If so where do you go for this ?

2013 vacation to NM,Colorado and South Dakota

Just came back from our annual camping vacation. This year we went to Chama NM and stayed at Chama RV Park, Nice place ,small little town, Cumbres and Toltec train. Didn't ride a little to expensive. Next stop was Estes parkJellystone not impressed...

leesan by Explorer
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes

camping in lake louise canada

We want next year to go camping to lake Louise and or around that area in British Columbia. Could someone give me some names of private campgrounds with full hookups and at the same time if you could give me an opinion about that particular RV park i...

leesan by Explorer
  • 9 replies
  • 0 likes

Florida Keys

Ok gang , We are looking for a beautiful , spacious , knock out waterfront campground ,if there is such a thing somewhere in the keys.... I looked at Boyd's and Jolly Roger online so far. It is hard to see which has bigger sites.. We are looking for ...

Looking to get more info about snow birding

I live in the mountains of California 16 miles do north of Yosemite (as the crow fly's). I just retired so I am now a full time artist so I can do oil painting of the mountains around here and in the winter in the southern part of the country around ...

Ausable Chasm, NY

Just tent camped here for 2 nights with family. It is a former KOA. Sites were a bit cramped but everything was well kept. Staff were friendly and knowledgeable. Campground patrolled at night and quiet hours seemed to be enforced - the camp was full ...

Haley by Explorer
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Colorado Mountain bike ski resort for two old fogies?

The wife and I (45 & 47) will be visiting Colorado beginning of September and we really don't have a set agenda. I visited the Pitkin area last year for some off road motorcycling up Cumberland pass etc. But my wife doesn't ride motorcycles, so we ar...

rerod by Explorer
  • 10 replies
  • 0 likes

Loudon, NH NASCAR Race

Hello, Who do you have to contact, to get a spot on the back stretch for your RV, at next year's race. Or are they all taking up, for next year?.

Another Yellowstone thread--Narrowing it down...

Any suggestions on a particular loop or site in Grant Village CG in Yellowstone? We would like to be fairly close to the showers and have a view of the lake if that's even possible. A little background if it helps. We would have selected Fishing Brid...

Saint George Island Florida Internet ?????

Guys I have a Virgin mobile hotspot does anyone know if you can get any internet service at the campground and how is the cell phone service there. I haven't been there in about 4 years. Thanks