Campground 101
Recommendations, reviews, and the inside scoop from fellow travelers.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Conversations

Tampa South RV Resort

Tampa South rv resort...Has anyone stayed here and have any opinions or experiences. Looking for something in the area either near beach, on river or on lake. Help would be appreciated.

bcircus by Explorer
  • 5 replies
  • 0 likes

Twin Falls Idaho RV Park?

Does anyone have any suggestions for a good RV Park in or the area of Twin Falls ID for a couple of nites,suitable for a 43ft.MH?ThanksBruce H.

Bruce_H by Explorer
  • 9 replies
  • 0 likes

Cool Federal Park/Campgrounds in Colorado

Wife and I are looking for a federal park or campgrounds in Southern/Central Colorado above 8000 feet high. We are old, hot Texans who have enjoyed the cool, beautiful northern New Mexico mountains for several years.Now we want to venture into southe...

TECMike by Explorer
  • 10 replies
  • 0 likes

Charging fees for cg visitors

After reading of the rude treatment of a person in the cg office in this THREAD:I thought I would bring up the topic of cgs charging fees for visitors who may only come for an hour or less visit or to drop something off. I've never cared for this fee...

Harvest Hosts - Our first experience

We left the Rochester area for Michigan. Not planning to drive 10 hours straight, we planned an overnight. We ended up just over into Michigan at a host that was part of a Harvest Host. It was our first experience with Harvest Hosts and it was so ...

twins89 by Explorer
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes

Leaving Michigan in Jan. to head south to Arizona.

Hello. Was hoping I could elicit some advise on winter travel with a 5th wheel. While we're not really rookies with 5th wheel travel, I still consider myself at best a sophomore. We've camped with tents, thru p/u campers, thru small trailers, thru p/...

mjb0908 by Explorer
  • 17 replies
  • 0 likes

State and Federal CGs in Tennessee

Starting to plan a trip to see Civil War battlefields in Tennessee. Advice on state or Federal Campgrounds around Nashville, Clarksville (Land between the lakes/Ft. Donelson area), Memphis area and Chattanooga region? Would need at least w/e (30 am...

Over length ?

We are planning a trip west with our 40' m/h and our 20' enclosed trailer with our little 10' car and 2 motorcycles inside. Total length, 64'. Heading to Utah , Co. NM. AZ. And California. Will be gone for 2 months starting in Sept. will we have to d...

fltrker by Explorer
  • 8 replies
  • 0 likes

Best campgrounds in NC mountains

What are the best cg's that my TT can fit and easy in/out and level. Things to do or see is important. We have been to the Jellystone in Marion and was not impressed. I understand Boone KOA is tight and hard to get in and out of. Thanks

Escalante, Ut.

Thinking of heading to Escalante area for fall color. Were going to Posy Lk. to start. Anyone with suggestions for that area?

Road America/Elkhart Lake, WI-where to take on water?

We are so excited! This will be our second trip in 12 years to Road America. Last time we had a pop up in the Carousel area. This year we have our new TT in the Motorhome Electric area. Does anybody know, can we enter and take on water at Carousel or...

Carrollwoods RV Park, near Myrtle Beach

DH and I spent a very nice weekend at Carrollwoods RV park in Tabor City, NC, about 20 miles from the Grand Strand around Myrtle Beach SC this past weekend. It is a small place with larger than usual campsites, all full hookups with both dirt and gr...

Chesapeake Bay Bridge Tunnel Area

Does anybody know the name of the motel & Camground that is right at the toll booths on the Delmarva end of the Chesapeake Bay Bridge Tunnel?This not the Kipoteke(sp?) State Park campground.I have driven past the motel quite few times. It always seem...

NJRVer by Explorer
  • 15 replies
  • 0 likes

Sort of a new camper

My wife and I have tent camped over the years, primarily to save money, while traveling the Quebec to Florida eastern seaboard. I can't believe how much tenting costs these days.A few months back a state park in Pompano Beach Fla. charged us $40.00 p...