Campground 101
Recommendations, reviews, and the inside scoop from fellow travelers.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Conversations

Thousand Islands and then to Maine

We hope to leave Wednesday from Virginia and drive to the Scranton, PA area for the night. My husband is getting nervous about finding campgrounds in the Thousand Islands area and the coast of Maine. We do not like making reservations until the day...

Sasquatch spotted using a Discover Pass in Wa

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=La_BwqrQt-cAren't you glad you bought a "Discover Pass". "over 800,000 passes sold since 2011""The commercial will run on Portland-area FOX network affiliates, KPTV and KPDX, from August 12 to September 2." Now I see w...

path1 by Explorer
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes

Decent CGs around the El Paso/VH/FS area?

I am looking for a CG/RV park around the El Paso/Van Horn/Fort Stockton area (fairly large leeway) that is decently safe, and perhaps somewhat pleasant to camp at. This will be a place for an overnight stop while driving to Tuscon.Most of the places...

mlts22 by Explorer
  • 6 replies
  • 0 likes

Lake Bistineau State Park or Beaver Dam Campground

In November we plan on taking a trip around Louisiana. We will start at Poverty Point in Delhi and then move over to one of the following campgrounds. After that we will head to North Toledo Bend Campground and then over to Natchez heading back hom...

Lake In Wood Campground - Is it always like this?

Just visited Lake In Wood CG in Narvon, PA after reading how highly rated it is. While the grounds are beautiful and rather picturesque compared to others we've visited, we found the staff to be rather standoffish and bordering on rude.While checkin...

Buying in the US

Thinking of selling our fifth wheel. Have looked at prices online and there is quite a difference between buying in Canada and in the US. Just wondering what all paperwork is involved and how hard this is to do .

Racetrack Campground, Montana??

Anyone have any insider info on Racetrack Campground (NF) sw of Deer Lodge???Looking to spend a couple of nights in Aug, Fri & Sat.Been to the website, and other sites that have minimal info on this. Just looking for any personal experiences at this...

TUCQUALA by Explorer
  • 7 replies
  • 0 likes

Colorado Trip Cancelled 1/3 way there

We had planned out a nice "1st time" trip to Colorado, based in Cheyenne Mtn State Park at Colorado Springs. Had stops in Des Moines (Prairie Flower Rec area..HIGHLY RECOMMEND), North Platte, NE (Holiday RV park), Cheyenne Mtn (5 days), then Paxico,...

mleekamp by Explorer
  • 14 replies
  • 0 likes

traveling West on I 80 to Yellowstone with a 4 year old.

We will be traveling next summer from NY State to Yellowstone on RT 80. We will have our 4 year old grandchild who is a terrific traveler. Would appreciate any recommendations for things that would interest a 4 year old along the way, particularly we...

Black Hills late September

We are traveling to the Black Hills in late September. We have reservations made in Custer, SD for a couple days but then thought we would move up to the Spearfish/Deadwood area for a couple days. Any suggestions for a late season campground? We c...

infor on 2 campgrounds in con.

looking for infor. on riverdale farms campground in Clinton conn. and camp niantic in niantic conn.have big rig with tow dolly, want full hookups

BTERK62 by Explorer
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Potato Creek State Park

HI, I'm thinking of going to Potato Creek State Park in Indiana. I haven't been there for a couple years. I have a 28' tailer with a small slide out. Does anyone have any site specific recommendations or sites to avoid? Or any other suggestions, priv...

joe_puma by Explorer
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Ohio,Cowan State Campgrounds

On 8/13/2013 the showers & restrooms were (Deplorable)! They stunk,were filthy from the floors to the cobwebbed walls & ceilings. This condition was (NOT) from a weekend use. There are Hosts camped there also,(Shameful)! Don't blame the cutbacks (Cle...

youroo by Explorer
  • 5 replies
  • 0 likes

Chaco Canyon access from south

Years ago I used to reach Chaco Canyon by going through Crownpoint or Whitehorse from the south. Now it seems the preferred route enters from the north off Hwy 550, a long detour if you're starting from the Grants area. Does anybody know if the south...