cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Joseph, OR

Jayco23FB
Explorer
Explorer
Looking for a place to visit in the area of Joseph OR. We like USFS type sites and prefer to boondock. Any suggestions or places to stay away from? Thanks
Jayco G2 23FB
2007 Chevrolet 2500HD 6.0L
5 REPLIES 5

Islandman
Explorer
Explorer
It's been many years since I camped over in the Wallowa area, always went to the state park which was very nice. USFS CG's weren't much back in the old days and the roads in the forest weren't really suitable for pulling a FW or TT; those were the days of PU campers and tents. If I were ging over there now, I'd still pick the state park near Joseph; the Wallowa Mountains are really something to see.

mike-uswest
Explorer
Explorer
South of the town of Imnaha along the road following the river there are several nice boondocking campsites. Also up in the national forest there are lots of parks, or just find a nice place and camp. That is a beautiful area. I guess it isn't open yet, but if it is open when you get there, go up to Hat Point above Imnaha, great view down into Hells Canyon.

Mike
2019 Ram 2500 TCD, 4X4,
Arctic Fox 25Y 30'

Jayco23FB
Explorer
Explorer
Thank you
Jayco G2 23FB
2007 Chevrolet 2500HD 6.0L

pfidahospud
Explorer
Explorer
East of there, in the Hells Canyon area, there are remote boon docking sites. Some are VERY remote. Also check out the Lostine River area. Very nice FS campgrounds. Check out the options here: http://publiclands.org/explore/quadrant_map.php?plicstate=OR&quad=or_q5

donn0128
Explorer II
Explorer II
Your basically limited to Willowa Lake State Park. It can be a zoo during peak camping season.