cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Know RV or campers association...

Yosemite_Sam1
Explorer
Explorer
...with strong environmental and public land protection voice?

Camper numbers are now 42 million or 12% of the population.

There are threats to public lands and wildlife that are integral part of our enjoyment of the outdoors.

A. Latest is an amendment to include cost considerations or revenue loss to protect endangered species.

B. Opening up national forest, parks and monuments to private interests.

C. Cut in national parks budget by 12% when they are behind in overdue repairs by $12 billion.

I intend to be a member to add my voice. Am already a member of a national conservation organization and two national park-national forest specific association.
42 REPLIES 42

Yosemite_Sam1
Explorer
Explorer
RickLight wrote:
You have reached some rational folks.

We need to join some more groups to protect our future.

...and that of our children and most likely their own to the next generation.

Mine would do long drive and fly from all over for a get together for days of camping fun and bonding.

RickLight
Explorer III
Explorer III
You have reached some rational folks.

We need to join some more groups to protect our future.
Rick,

2019 Grand Design Reflection 150 273MK
2015 Ford F350 CC SB Lariat Powerstroke
PullRite Superglide

Yosemite_Sam1
Explorer
Explorer
agesilaus wrote:
Yeah, I don't have a gas guzzler but I'll take my T/T. And I'll post sometime my Greenpeace ID to enrage you further into frenzy, lol.

--------------------------------------

People laughing at you does not make a frenzy.

Am not too sure whose laughing at who.

But I'm just sure who are nearly weeping on the state of our public lands and the environment.

Yosemite_Sam1
Explorer
Explorer
lane hog wrote:
Just sayin' but most of the RV'ers I know are Trump supporters, so your idea might not get as much traction as you think. It might even result in having the opposite effect.

Yeah, I suspected so with the amazing illogic and the incredulous 5-year old math of the posts.

And of course confirmed by the demographics of RV owners.

I was hoping to find a common cause with the blatant theft of our patrimony with the fox being made to guard the henhouse that I thought we collectively love, enjoy and wish to preserve.

Now I think I would have better results with volunteering and adding my voice to the national and two national park-national forest specific organization I'm affiliated.

And then support the candidates who positively responded to these appeals and reverse the damage that had been done.

Thank you all anyways. And too for the few that teaches what not to be when I get old.

monkey44
Nomad II
Nomad II
With all these new medications coming out "Buy ME, tell your doctor", I believe these big pharma companies should research a "Common Sense" one-time injection for national park visitors that have NONE. That would solve the majority of issues in our parks, and a relatively inexpensive solution...
Monkey44
Cape Cod Ma & Central Fla
Chevy 2500HD 4x4 DC-SB
2008 Lance 845
Back-country camping fanatic

agesilaus
Explorer II
Explorer II
Yeah, I don't have a gas guzzler but I'll take my T/T. And I'll post sometime my Greenpeace ID to enrage you further into frenzy, lol.

--------------------------------------

People laughing at you does not make a frenzy.
Arctic Fox 25Y Travel Trailer
2018 RAM 2500 6.7L 4WD shortbed
Straightline dual cam hitch
400W Solar with Victron controller
Superbumper

lane_hog
Explorer II
Explorer II
Just sayin' but most of the RV'ers I know are Trump supporters, so your idea might not get as much traction as you think. It might even result in having the opposite effect.
  • 2019 Grand Design 29TBS (had a Winnebago and 3x Jayco owner)
  • 2016 F-150 3.5L MaxTow (had Ram 2500 CTD, Dodge Durango)
  • 130W solar and 2005 Honda EU2000i twins that just won't quit

Yosemite_Sam1
Explorer
Explorer
BillyBob Jim wrote:

I don't know what type of RV you have but when you arrive at the Sierra Club meeting be it in a class A/B/C or a TT or 5'r being pulled by a large diesel truck, or even a gasser, you're going to be the life of the party with these folks. Maybe they'll break out the ladders and rags and help you wax it.

BTW, to quote you from before........"Again, this is not political." LOL

Between Sierra Club and the recent lawyer for Bundy appointed for the NPS, I'll take the former anytime.

And sorry if I don't dignity your politics-baiting and fear-mongering posts.

Blazing_Zippers
Explorer II
Explorer II
What! Wait! The Sierra Club will wax my rig? You're joshing me.

Somehow, we live in a time where "homeless" camps mean more to certain people than tax paying law abiding citizens. Makes me want to open a beverage and watch the degradation.

Yosemite_Sam1
Explorer
Explorer
RickLight wrote:
GordonThree wrote:
Close most parks to the public. Keep a few open using mass transit.

The goal is preserve and protect, not splay open and exploit.

NPS has always had public access as part of their mission. This is directly opposite of wilderness declarations. There is a room for both types.

And defeats its purpose and its mission.

RickLight
Explorer III
Explorer III
GordonThree wrote:

NPS has always had public access as part of their mission. This is directly opposite of wilderness declarations. There is a room for both types.
Rick,

2019 Grand Design Reflection 150 273MK
2015 Ford F350 CC SB Lariat Powerstroke
PullRite Superglide

GordonThree
Explorer
Explorer

2013 KZ Sportsmen Classic 200, 20 ft TT
2020 RAM 1500, 5.7 4x4, 8 speed

BillyBob_Jim
Explorer
Explorer
Yosemite Sam1 wrote:
beemerphile1 wrote:
Don't know of any RV organization that covers those bases.

Be careful of environmental organizations. A group like the Sierra Club would prefer to ban RVs from public land and only allow hikers/backpackers.

If I recall correctly, their position is to limit private vehicles going inside the most popular national parks and provide instead natural gas fed public buses. If ever, that would exempt RVsbecause, duh, we camp with our rigs.

The traffic in Yosemite this summer is just terrible and it's really more convenient to us buses going around. Bus within the village is free and there are fare-based buses doing the longer routes. I actually like them as I can't actually do sightseeing while driving without endangering my family.

I don't know what type of RV you have but when you arrive at the Sierra Club meeting be it in a class A/B/C or a TT or 5'r being pulled by a large diesel truck, or even a gasser, you're going to be the life of the party with these folks. Maybe they'll break out the ladders and rags and help you wax it.

BTW, to quote you from before........"Again, this is not political." LOL

Yosemite_Sam1
Explorer
Explorer
beemerphile1 wrote:
Don't know of any RV organization that covers those bases.

Be careful of environmental organizations. A group like the Sierra Club would prefer to ban RVs from public land and only allow hikers/backpackers.

If I recall correctly, their position is to limit private vehicles going inside the most popular national parks and provide instead natural gas fed public buses. If ever, that would exempt RVs because, duh, we camp with our rigs.

The traffic in Yosemite this summer is just terrible and it's really more convenient to use buses going around. Bus within the village is free and there are fare-based buses doing the longer routes. I actually like them as I can't actually do sightseeing while driving without endangering my family.

Yosemite_Sam1
Explorer
Explorer
agesilaus wrote:
I think that some public lands need to handed over to private ownership. Have to think about that in a case by case basis.

Yeah, let's give Bundy additional pasture range even if he is stiffing us taxpayers for not paying his fees.

And he got connection now, the lawyer defending him is now appointed for these public lands.