Our hobbies while camping are fishing , biking and playing acoustic guitars
We camp in a 33' 5th

We would appreciate your input and recommendations on rv parks for the winter

Thanks for your input!!
7 REPLIES 7

Boxer_Lovers
Explorer
Explorer
We're currently staying at Wilderness Oaks park ( practically all Rockport parks have oak in the name because Live Oak trees are thier big attraction).

Nice facility, friendly staff, but next to an air field used for touch and go flight training for Navy pilot trainees. If noise doesn't bother you, its nice. Less than $400 amonth + electric.

Another is Beacon RV park on Fulton Beach ( no beach there). Much smaller, a pier across the street on Aransas Bay. Close to dining and shopping. Facilities very limited. Quieter. About the same money.

Were moving to Pioneer at Mustang Island for a few days beach time. $600 a month there.

Gulf Waters, down the road, is very nice. $845 to $915 + per month.
Dave, Robin, and Buster the Boxer
2008 Beaver Contessa, 42, Caterpillar 425
Toad 2017 Ram 1500, Quad Cab, Limited, M&G brake, Blue Ox.

LynnandCarol
Explorer
Explorer
replied to your PM!

Fishhawker
Explorer
Explorer
We're finding that most parks in the area are already booked for next winter

Looking at
Drifters , Rustic Cove , Estes
Any experience with these parks?

Also how is this area for fishing and biking?

Thanks!!

Valkyriebush
Explorer II
Explorer II
I stayed at Ancient Oaks in Rock Port for a month. Great price, nice location, clean and pleasant. Warning, don't accept a spot under a cluster of oak trees, even if it's hot. Unless you like black streaks and hosing the roof down every week to unblock the drain gutters,
Command Master Chief (AW) USN, (ret)
2003 Fleetwood Excursion 330 Turbo Cat 39D
2000 Jeep GC
2005 Big Ruckus (Rides Behind Jeep)
2003 VTX 1800

chris3403
Explorer
Explorer
A new park in Rockport that will open this coming winter will be called Coastal Paradise and it will be located at the intersection of Hwy 35 North & Hwy 188
I believe the rent is going to be $375 and I've heard they are requesting a 4 month minimum.
Their plan is to open with 90 sites and add on from there. One of the owners previously built Salt Water Flats in Rockport. The lots are above average and my assumption is the new park will be likewise.
You can reach them at 210-872-5051 (corrected the phone number)
I've been to all 50 States but my RV hasn't.

dbbls
Explorer
Explorer
Be prepared to pay over $800 per month to stay on the island. It is much less expensive to stay in Aransas Pass or Rockport. Many are in the $300 to $400 range. There are a few over $500 however. You of course have to pay for electricity.
2011 F-350 CC Lariat 4X4 Dually Diesel
2012 Big Country 3450TS 5th Wheel

Hiker_01
Explorer
Explorer
We live in Texas and have camped at Pioneer RV Park just south of Port Aransas (about 15 miles south of Rockport). We don't snowbird but I know it is a popular spot. http://www.pioneerrvresorts.com/

Don