cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Mariner's Haven, Rexford MT Disaster

hrhris
Explorer
Explorer
This campground sounded great on the web so I reserved two nights. I indicated the importance of a level site for my 43' Phaeton and WiFi connection. When I arrived we were placed in a site where I could not level my rig and WiFi was not available. The site was a gravel pit with garbage from the previous camper still on the ground. The entire resort was very dusty. So, I let the owner know about my leveling and WiFi problem. Within three minutes he started cursing me to high heaven and told me to get the f--- out of his park. He turned into a freak show before my very eyes. He later showed up at my site with a police officer to supervise my departure. Even though this campground did not provide the services contracted, and they evicted me for complaining, they refused to refund the $79.18 paid in advance. In my 32 years of camping, I have never had a similar experience. Campground owners and staff have always been gracious hosts. Go figure.
20 REPLIES 20

answerswillvary
Explorer
Explorer
Time to close this one down.

Sandi (Moderator)
2009 Tiffin Allegro Bus 43QBP

soren
Explorer
Explorer
Sue Bee wrote:
I understand being skeptical of any first post either blasting or extolling a park or resort, however, I would be careful to not post total disbelief, especially seeing the reviews of this place on Trip Advisor. That's hardly any way to encourage more dialog from the OP.

I agree 100% We have been in a similar situation, after a favorite local campground was bought by a new couple. The wife of the pair obviously had some serious issues. We stopped going, but over the next few years the reviews on rvparkreviews.com started to look a lot like the ones this place earned on tripadvisor.com. A preponderance of truthful, but highly negative reviews, sprinkled with rosy, over the top, "this may be the greatest place I ever stayed !!!!" B.S that was obviously "contributed" by the owners and friends. Don't care if this new member ever writes another post, and he may do just that based on the unacceptable attack on his integrity, but I have no issue with what he and many others on tripadvisor posted. Owning any service related business is extremely stressful, and as a few forum make clear here, it's a fine line between being a rational business owner, and a nut case.

Sue_Bee
Explorer
Explorer
I understand being skeptical of any first post either blasting or extolling a park or resort, however, I would be careful to not post total disbelief, especially seeing the reviews of this place on Trip Advisor. That's hardly any way to encourage more dialog from the OP.

TheAmRheins
Explorer
Explorer
The Texan wrote:
Just went to the link and read the "rules". Sounds to me like the CG has the local police on speed dial. After reading the rules and applying my interpretation of them, it would NOT be a place we would likely stay.

Ditto!!
Ken & Kathy
Ruben(the cat)& Tiadora (nother cat)
2003 Chev 3500 D/A Dually
2009 Landmark Augusta

jgrimes
Explorer
Explorer
Would be interesting to hear both sides of the story. I have driven through Mariners while in the area, but have not stayed there. I was unimpressed with the park -sites felt very close and a little run down. Did not have any contact with staff so I have no insight to that issue. I am guessing there were valid concerns on both sides....has anyone stayed there and can speak as an informed source so we don't have to guess - which is dangerous.

gon2dadawgs
Explorer
Explorer
Simple.....I do not believe any of this posters story. We share the road with this character.....oh boy!

Michael
Home is where you unhitch

The_Texan
Explorer
Explorer
Just went to the link and read the "rules". Sounds to me like the CG has the local police on speed dial. After reading the rules and applying my interpretation of them, it would NOT be a place we would likely stay.

Bob & Betsy - USN Aviation Ret'd '78 & LEO Ret'd '03 & "Oath Keeper Forever"

2005 HR Endeavor 40PRQ, '11 Silverado LT, Ex Cab 6.2L NHT 4x4, w/2017 Rzr 4-900 riding in 16+' enclosed trailer in back.
Where the wheels are stopped today

popeyemth
Explorer
Explorer
rr2254545 wrote:
Dog Trainer wrote:
I am always a bit skeptical when someone joins RV net and their 1st post is a rant about something or someone. Please give a little more info. Can't believe you made a civil complaint about a problem and the owner went postal.

Yes I agree another first time poster - blaster who did not register with his name.

The proof will be if he never comes back-just blasts and goes.Those posters are not here to help but to get even for whatever ...
"wine is a constant proof that God loves us, and loves to see us happy" ben franklin

BurbMan
Explorer II
Explorer II
Doug33 wrote:
something just sounds fishy here.....it would take a lot for someone to call the cops

Especially in MT, it probably took the guy an hour to get there....

dahkota
Explorer
Explorer
Well, the reviews on trip advisor are way less than stellar - in fact, downright abysmal. RVparkreviews only has two, the most recent from 2010. I believe the OP's condition report though I think his expectations were a little off.
2015 Jeep Willys Wrangler
2014 Fleetwood Bounder 33C
States camped: all but Hawaii
more than 1700 days on the road

rr2254545
Explorer
Explorer
Dog Trainer wrote:
I am always a bit skeptical when someone joins RV net and their 1st post is a rant about something or someone. Please give a little more info. Can't believe you made a civil complaint about a problem and the owner went postal.

Yes I agree another first time poster - blaster who did not register with his name.
2012 Winnebago Journey 36M Cummins 360
2014 Jeep Cherokee
492 Campgrounds,107K miles driven in our Winnebago motor homes and 2360 nights camping since we retired in July 2009, 41 National Parks

Doug33
Explorer
Explorer
something just sounds fishy here.....it would take a lot for someone to call the cops
2014 Keystone Bullet 281BHS
2002 Chevy Avalanche 5.3L 4x4
Equalizer hitch
Nights spent camping in 2015: 25
Next trip: mid-April 2016?

Poppy___Nana
Explorer
Explorer
I live and work in a resort town at a local motel and you'd be surprised at some of the reviews we get - i.e., a group of motorcyclists came for our local motorcycle rally - nice bikes but no nice than my husbands - anyway - they were all put in rooms next to each other - it started to rain and they took their bikes and put them up on the porch under a small roof overhand (took three guys to get each bike there) - when we asked them to remove them - they went postal on us - said we were a bunch of a-holes and hicks and they spent money on our rooms and they should be able to do what they want - well it continued - this was Memorial Day weekend and this is the Adirondacks - no motel except those with indoor pools - open their pools before mid-late June (hell I've seen it snow in June) - and that was another complaint ~ we would not let them enjoy the time in the pool, oh the best one was when one of their own group called the office to tell us that they were making too much noise (@ 2 in the afternoon) and we needed to control the group - wrote up a nasty review on Trip Advisor......just love dealing with the public.

At times we can go "postal" but you have to push our buttons real hard & long - we relay on tourist to make a living and our season is only 8 - 9 weeks in the summer and 2 months in the winter - so as much as we would like to - we remain calm and take as much abuse as we can before we explode!!!!!

I would really like to hear the campgrounds take on this matter!

EDIT:
I just reviewed the link in the above post - it states no-where about Wi-Fi; and the description of the grounds is "natural terrain" or something like that - the pictures of the sties around the lake look to be pretty level......
Leo & Kathy
Upstate, NY
in the Adirondacks

2013 Rubicon 2900 Toy Hauler
2008 - Ford F250 Super Crew 4x4

gbopp
Explorer
Explorer