Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Masseys Landing DE

AJS211
Explorer
Explorer
Hi Guys

Iโ€™m booking this campground for the end of July. Has anybody been here and please tell me Iโ€™m picking the right place ! Please tell me your experience if you visited.Thanks! !
Anthony, Janice, Little Anthony & Jessie the dog
14 Ford F350 Lariat Supercrew PSD
08 Bristol Bay 3420BH
8 REPLIES 8

mikhen
Explorer
Explorer
Prices went way up the last few years. If you are out walking at night, beware. Kids of all ages driving golf carts all over. If you go to the beach, use their shuttle bus. Runs every 2 hours right from the campground.

We stay at the Delaware Seashore State Park, North Side 4 -5 times a year and love it.. Last July 4th we took a ride to Massey Landing to see it since we always see them at RV shows..

We were disappointed when we left.. Way too high price for being so far away from the beach.. You could not park at the front, All the spots were taken up with golf carts... all the golf cart parking was empty..

Just our opinion....
Me-Her-the kids
2020 Ford F350 SD 6.7
2020 Redwood 3991RD Garnet

spoon059
Explorer II
Explorer II
I've never been because its too far from the beach for me. Other than that, it looks very nice. Lots of amenities, clean sites, sandy area on the bay, etc. If you want to get to Rehoboth, Dewey or Bethany than expect a 30+ minute drive.
2015 Ram CTD
2015 Jayco 29QBS

AJS211
Explorer
Explorer
Thank Everyone. Hope I am not disappointed. We went to Cherrystone last year and loved it but didn't like that there was nothing to do in the area.I wish we could get closer to the main beaches but all those campsites you have to book a year in advance. I appreciate the feedback!
Anthony, Janice, Little Anthony & Jessie the dog
14 Ford F350 Lariat Supercrew PSD
08 Bristol Bay 3420BH

johnwalkerpa1
Explorer
Explorer
We've been there several times. I really wanted to like this place but just can't quite come away with a completely satisfied feeling.....it just seems like there is a lot of unrealized potential there but they are still growing and building so that could be it. It is indeed very expensive but the facilities are nice and it must have cost a fortune to develop it in that location.

I think it comes down to what you are looking for. It's a nice place to bring a boat and fish or crab...they rent slips for larger boats and you can kayak right from their shores. It's a poor choice if your main purpose is going to the beach. With traffic the ocean beaches are 30-45 minutes away. Technically there is a beach there in the bay at the campground but it's a poor attempt.

Flapper
Explorer
Explorer
We were there for about 5 days, two years ago. High rates, but pretty good amenities. Plan on dodging all the golf carts, although there is not really that much reason to have one - it's large, but not that large. It is only slightly above sea level, so if there is rain, many of the sites get pretty soggy. Didn't have to wade, ever, but glad I was in an RV, and not a tent like some of the kids in other sites. As noted, a bit of a drive to get to the main beaches.
2012 F150 Eco, 4x4, SCrew, Max Tow, HD Payload
2017 Grand Design Imagine 2670MK

shar3890
Explorer
Explorer
We were there last year for the first time. Liked the campground. Pool was crowded, but heard they're building second pool to be open this year. Sandy beach area with tiki huts was nice too. There's 2 restaurants on site - food was good, but basic bar type food. Lots of activities for kids. Only complaint is that campground is pretty far from Rehoboth or Bethany beach. Plan on an hour drive if you plan to go to either place. Of course other complaint is the cost-most expensive place we have ever been.
Make sure you go to Paradise Grill at Potnets. Awesome place !!!

mbopp
Explorer
Explorer
We were at a rally there a few years back. Nice sites and facilities.
2017 Grand Design Imagine 2650RK
2019 F250 XLT Supercab
Just DW & me......