cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Military Campgrounds

concord_05
Explorer
Explorer
We are qualified to say at military campgrounds because of my husbands DAV status. We have only stayed at one Uchee Creek at Fort Bragg. A very nice campground which is not on the base and didn't require a pass. We did go to the visitors access point and get a pass because it was easier to travel across the base and not have to drive around it. My question is is there any type of card we would be able to get to gain access to bases without having to obtain a visitors pass at each individual base, It appears that many of the CGs are located on the actal base.
19 REPLIES 19

cross21114
Explorer
Explorer
Thanks to all who served for their sacrifice.
Chris
2018 Nexus Ghost 36DS
360 Cummins, 3000 Allison
2016 Ford Expedition

monkey44
Nomad II
Nomad II
We're gonna be at Benning next week too, but in the campground. We like that one, and usually stay at Benning, stock up at the commissary, on the way north and west when we depart Florida on any cross-country trips.
Monkey44
Cape Cod Ma & Central Fla
Chevy 2500HD 4x4 DC-SB
2008 Lance 845
Back-country camping fanatic

concord_05
Explorer
Explorer
Yes i meant Fort Benning. When I called and made reservations there the only thing my husband had to show was his DAV card. I can't remember exactly but his is something like 80% and 20% service connected unemployability. He only got that in the last 12 years. He retired from MODOT in MO. He was wounded in Vietnam. When we went to get our visitors pass they wouldn't accept our MO drivers license. Luckily they accepted the car registration which was in my name. My husband had his picture DAV card.

Mark_and_Linda
Explorer
Explorer
concord 05 wrote:
We are qualified to say at military campgrounds because of my husbands DAV status. We have only stayed at one Uchee Creek at Fort Bragg. A very nice campground which is not on the base and didn't require a pass. We did go to the visitors access point and get a pass because it was easier to travel across the base and not have to drive around it. My question is is there any type of card we would be able to get to gain access to bases without having to obtain a visitors pass at each individual base, It appears that many of the CGs are located on the actal base.

Uchee Creek is at Fort Benning on the Alabama side of the Chattahoochee. We will be there next week, staying in a cabin though. I am retired Military so we have no problem accessing the post. I would suggest calling the individual campground through the bases MWR and ask them.
Mark

lucy6194
Explorer
Explorer
My husband is 100 percent DAV. We use military campgrounds all over USA. I also as spouse have military card. His is for life mine is renewable every four years. Not 100 percent! Yes we can sponsor if base commander allows. Like prior comment said allows on base but can't use px exchange. We love staying on base jet noise is the sound of freedom!!!

Tom_Barb
Explorer
Explorer
sdianel wrote:
You both can get Department of Defense/Uniformed Services Identification and Privilege Cards at base security. DD Form 2765. The 100% DAV is the sponsor for the spouse. The DAV will obtain the card first. You must provide DD214, social security card, proof of eligibility (letter stating 100% P&T). The spouse must provide marriage certificate, social security card and 2 forms of ID. The DAV must go with the spouse to sign the form.

This action is a first time applicant's method of getting the IDs required.

These folks should already have that ID card.
That is now what they show at the gate.

100% ID check in place at all facilities now.
2000 Newmar mountain aire 4081 DP, ISC/350 Allison 6 speed, Wrangler JL toad.

Wadcutter
Nomad
Nomad
Go to Military Campgrounds website. Larry does a great job and a good forum. Lots of information listed on the site. Also a link to all the military campgrounds around the US.
At the bottom of the home page is a link to the Authorized Users DOD list.
Camped in every state

sdianel_-acct_c
Explorer
Explorer
You can make an appointment for ID cars online at:

https://rapids-appointments.dmdc.osd.mil/appointment/default.aspx
Lonny & Diane
2004 Country Coach Allure 33' "Big Blue"
Towing 2008 Chev Colorado 4x4
Semper Fi

sdianel_-acct_c
Explorer
Explorer
You both can get Department of Defense/Uniformed Services Identification and Privilege Cards at base security. DD Form 2765. The 100% DAV is the sponsor for the spouse. The DAV will obtain the card first. You must provide DD214, social security card, proof of eligibility (letter stating 100% P&T). The spouse must provide marriage certificate, social security card and 2 forms of ID. The DAV must go with the spouse to sign the form.
Lonny & Diane
2004 Country Coach Allure 33' "Big Blue"
Towing 2008 Chev Colorado 4x4
Semper Fi

wannavolunteerF
Explorer
Explorer
Concord 05, not an answer to your question because I don't know, but a separate question.

Were you really at Ft Bragg? Ft Benning in GA has a Uchee Creek that the campground is main post. I cross Uchee Creek else where on base, everytime I go visit my mom. I was just wondering if there is a creek by the same name at Ft Bragg (500 miles away)
2015 FR Georgetown 378TS

lmpres
Explorer
Explorer
We stay at Military campgrounds every year. Haven't had to get a pass in a long time.

The any veteran able to use the AAFES online hasn't gone into affect yet. Was recently announced, but more info to come out later when it's official. Supposed to happen late fall.

monkey44
Nomad II
Nomad II
Unless it's changed recently, if not medically retired or retired military you need 100 percent DAV to use military facility and campgrounds.

Recently, any veteran can use the AAFES online purchase, which is the military version of Amazon online sales, although not identical items for sale - it's more like an online BX.
Monkey44
Cape Cod Ma & Central Fla
Chevy 2500HD 4x4 DC-SB
2008 Lance 845
Back-country camping fanatic

Tom_Barb
Explorer
Explorer
path1 wrote:
Tom/Barb wrote:
kerrlakeRoo wrote:
I don't know that you can without a sponsor..
They don't need a sponsor, they are qualified. (DAV) Disabled American Veteran has full privileges for a life time.

Am one.

IS that any percentage disabled or any DAV?

When he qualifies for on base privileges, he has enough.

You'd have to check with your local DAV to know what if any the cut off is.
2000 Newmar mountain aire 4081 DP, ISC/350 Allison 6 speed, Wrangler JL toad.

path1
Explorer
Explorer
Tom/Barb wrote:
kerrlakeRoo wrote:
I don't know that you can without a sponsor..
They don't need a sponsor, they are qualified. (DAV) Disabled American Veteran has full privileges for a life time.

Am one.

IS that any percentage disabled or any DAV?
2003 Majestic 23P... Northwest travel machine
2013 Arctic Fox 25W... Wife "doll house" for longer snowbird trips
2001 "The Mighty Dodge"... tow vehicle for "doll house"