cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Moab campgrounds?

RVcrazy
Explorer
Explorer
I've been reviewing various campgrounds and have not found any winners for a FHU 50 amp site with easy access. Portal won't rent to fivers over 5 years old on the side with the pool. We have kids coming to visit who MAY want a camping cabin or similar (or good motel) with a pool. Visits to Arches & Canyonlands are the primary reason for the visit. They want to ride horseback, maybe river raft etc. All of the places I have checked either have a band practicing next door, a night tennis court next door to a vocational school, ants or are located in the industrial area... Help!!! (Please...)
10 REPLIES 10

2gypsies1
Explorer II
Explorer II
The shoulder seasons are more popular in Moab. It gets very hot in summer so I'm sure you could find a spot.
Full-Timed for 16 Years
.... Back in S&B Again
Traveled 8 yr in a 40' 2004 Newmar Dutch Star Motorhome
& 8 yr in a 33' Travel Supreme 5th Wheel

LuckeyUs
Explorer
Explorer
We may not know when we can get to Moab, so I'm curious if last minute reservations for 2-3 nights (during the week, during the summer) will most likely be a problem. What do you think?

jolooote
Explorer
Explorer
Everyuthing you'll want to see is north of town, out 191. All those RV parks are on the south end of town & you'll have to drive both ways thru traffic to get anywhere. I recommend any on the north side or north of town like River bend, River view or my favorite, altho a bit rustic, Archview near the junction of 191 & 313. 313 takes you to much of the best view sites, ie; Dead Horse, Canyonlands, Gemini Bridge, Long canyon, Shaffer trail switchbacks, White Rim 4x4 trail, Islands in the Sky, Panorama arch, etc.
Joe & Charlotte

2020 Jayco Greyhawk Prestige 29MV Celestial Blue Full Body Paint E-450 305hp V10 6spd Class C 'COACH'

2012 Jeep Wrangler 285hp V6 'TOAD'

Gabby & Molly are Dogs
Leroy's a Conure, Loretta's a Squeaker

"Once it starts breakin'...GET RID OF IT!!!"

ependydad
Explorer
Explorer
Impkitti wrote:
We stayed at Arch View, just outside of Moab a few years ago and would stay there again. You can see a part of Arches from the campground and Canyon Lands is just down the road.

Be sure to visit Dead Horse Point State Park while in the area.

Same here, Archview was nice. Their front-row spaces are 50amp and fairly spacious. Not private at all.

Pics from our Moab visit
2017 Spartan 1245 by Prime Time
2018 Ram 3500 Crew Cab DRW w/ 4.10 gears and 8' bed
FW Hitch: TrailerSaver TS3
Learn to RV- learn about RVing - Towing Planner Calculators - Family Fulltiming FB page

kknowlton
Explorer II
Explorer II
NOT Spanish Trail.

Why not, Lauren? We liked it well enough last year. Sure appreciated the shade there - not extensive, but at least there was some. That said, for the OP, I'm not sure there are 50 amp hookups, and there are no cabins, which would be a detriment.

We were frankly not impressed with most of the CGs in that area; they all seemed to be sunbaked plains, which in a hot area is less than ideal, at least for us. If we had to pick one at which to stay, Dead Horse Point would be our first choice, assuming we could get one of the sites our TT would fit in.
2020 Toyota Tundra CrewMax 5.7L V8 w/ tow pkg, Equal-i-zer
2020 Lance 2375

Impkitti
Explorer
Explorer
We stayed at Arch View, just outside of Moab a few years ago and would stay there again. You can see a part of Arches from the campground and Canyon Lands is just down the road.

Be sure to visit Dead Horse Point State Park while in the area.
Ellen

1 Retired Husband
2 Dogs
2 Cats
1 2008 F350SD Truck
1 2012 Arctic Fox 29-5E
2 Cars
1 House
Not Enough Time

donkeydew
Explorer
Explorer
OK RV Park & Canyonlands Stables

boogie_4wheel
Explorer
Explorer
We stay at the Slick Rock Campground for our annual dirt bike riding. Has a pool and 2 cheap hot tubs. They have cabins on site as well.
2005 2500 Cummins/48RE/3.73, QCLB, 4wd, BigHorn, Edge Juice w/ CTS + Turbo Timer,Transgo Shift Kit ISSPro Oil and LP pressure gauges, GDP 20/2 filters, Custom Diesel Steering Box Brace
'10 Forest River Shockwave Toy Hauler 21'
Honda EU3000I Genny

Lauren
Explorer
Explorer
NOT Spanish Trail.
Barbara-DW 55 years
Sadie-"Aussie" Terrier
06 Mobile Suites 32TK3
06 Chev 3500 4x4 Dmax
20 yrs PT RVing - 190 RV parks; some many times