cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Mobile to Tallahassee, things to see and do?

rexlion
Explorer
Explorer
My wife and I were thinking of spending 2 or 3 days along the Florida Panhandle's coastline. Amazingly, she has never yet seen the ocean, so we would like to change that. Coming from OK and planning to hit the coast at Mobile, then proceed eastward as far as Panacea (S. of Tallahassee). The 'forgotten coast' sounds like our type of area.

But there's more to a day than just walking/sitting on the beach. Those of you who've been to that area, what would you suggest? Other than the general coastline, state parks and Bellingrath Gardens, I don't know of much. Do you have any favorite spots? We don't like big crowds, but she's up for some short, easy walks. We like scenery, maybe a bit of wildlife, and maybe a bit of shopping.

Oh, one more thing, she really wants to try a Cuban sandwich. I'm sure there have to be a couple of Cuban restaurants in there somewhere.
Mike G.
Liberty is meaningless where the right to utter one's thoughts and opinions has ceased to exist. That, of all rights, is the dread of tyrants. --Frederick Douglass
photo: Yosemite Valley view from Taft Point
19 REPLIES 19

garmp
Explorer II
Explorer II
Depends where you hit the coast from Mobile. West of Mobile the Dauphin Island Ferry is a nice experience, or was for us. Down a bit north of Grayton Beach SP is Eden Gardens SP. Very nice grounds around an old mansion. Very enjoyable. By the way Grayton Beach is one of our favorite campgrounds along that area.
Our 2351D Phoenix Cruiser, Jack, has turned us from campers into RVers and loving it!

sdianel_-acct_c
Explorer
Explorer
Florida Caverns State Park. Butterfly house at Navarre. Panhandle Pioneer Settlement in Blountstown. Crooked River Lighthouse in Carrabelle. Falling Waters State Park you can see sinkholes. If you need a place to stay and don't want to pay the price near the beach, we like Live Oak Landing in Freeport FL. Beautiful oak trees, quiet, fairly new park. About 11 miles from the beach.
Lonny & Diane
2004 Country Coach Allure 33' "Big Blue"
Towing 2008 Chev Colorado 4x4
Semper Fi

Dr_Quick
Explorer II
Explorer II
Mobile has the USS Alabama, a submarine and a Black Bird aircraft.
Pensacola has a Navy base with a airplane museum, that that also has an I Max theatre.
Dr Quick

Triker33
Explorer
Explorer
Mobile Attractions

Tallahassee Attractions
Larry Full Time Since 99
1999 34Q Discovery DP ISB 275HP 6 Speed Allison
VMSpc | Pressure Pro
14 Lincoln MKS EcoBoost Toad

Click here to see where I am

jplante4
Explorer II
Explorer II
This is right on the Gulf. We're staying there the end of Jan.

Ho Hum
Jerry & Jeanne
1996 Safari Sahara 3530 - 'White Tiger'
CAT 3126/Allison 6 speed/Magnum Chassis
2014 Equinox AWD / Blue Ox