cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Moses Lake WA

jgrimes
Explorer
Explorer
Will be traveling from Kalispell MT to Tacoma. Any suggestions on a place to spend one night (doesn't need to be fancy or expensive) west of Spokane. Somewjere around Ritzville or Moses Lake. Haven't found anything suitable using rvparkreviews. Any suggestions? I will be pulling a 36 ft 5er.
15 REPLIES 15

2oldman
Explorer II
Explorer II
Assuming the OP is on I-90, Potholes is quite a ways from there.
"If I'm wearing long pants, I'm too far north" - 2oldman

docj
Explorer
Explorer
Potholes State Park is 20 miles from Moses Lake. Even though it's in the middle of a desert it's an oasis of green.
Sandie & Joel

2000 40' Beaver Patriot Thunder Princeton--425 HP/1550 ft-lbs CAT C-12
2014 Honda CR-V AWD EX-L with ReadyBrute tow bar/braking system
WiFiRanger Ambassador/RVParkReviews administrator
Follow our adventures on Facebook at Weiss Travels

fireman93514
Explorer
Explorer
There is always the local truck stop. Large area behind that we have stayed at. We have also used the Walmart there.
John & Judy
2007 Winnebago Access 31C
2008 Ford Focus

Islandman
Explorer
Explorer
Check out the fairgrounds in Moses Lake, lots of shade and the price is minimal. We stayed there two years ago and had the whole place to ourselves.

jgrimes
Explorer
Explorer
Thanks everyone. A number of good options. Unfortunately, my wife blew her knee out today and the trip is looking pretty iffy right now. Damn!

2oldman
Explorer II
Explorer II
Yah, Coulee City is way off the track, but nice.

Sprague Lake, mentioned, is nice. There's a free fishing area on the south side. Moses also has a very large truck stop.
"If I'm wearing long pants, I'm too far north" - 2oldman

akrv
Explorer
Explorer
Here are a couple Cedars Inn Desert Oasis
2005 Coachmen Concord 275DS
2004 Malibu Maxx LT

n7bsn
Explorer
Explorer
We've made many Montana to Puget Sound trips and Ritzville to Moses Lake are good distances for a stop.

There is a small RV park attached to a Hotel in Ritzville (the name keeps changing, last time it was a Travel-Lodge) that we have stopped at several times. It's not fancy, but it's shaded, has a pool and you have access to the Hotel. There are two places to eat right next door. They have wifi, but it's better inside the Hotel.
In Moses Lake we have stayed at Cascade Campground (city, no wifi or TV), Grant County Fairgrounds (dito) and Desert Oasis RV. Again places we would stay for an over-tnight.
There is (was?) also a Coast-to-Coast membership campground in Moses Lake, we have stayed at once.
2008 F350SD V10 with an 2012 Arctic Fox 29-5E
When someone tells you to buy the same rig they own, listen, they might be right. When they tell you to buy a different rig then they own, really pay attention, they probably know something you don't.

Fred_n_Jo
Explorer
Explorer
When we had truck trouble back in 2011 our trailer was towed to Suncrest Resort which is just west of Moses Lake. We ended up staying for a week until the truck was repaired and our stay was great. Paved level pull through sites with grass between. The staff was very nice also.
2017 Host Rainier Truck Camper
2015 F450 Lariat 6.7L PSD CC 4x4

our places camped Map

our rig ready to roll

ScottG
Nomad
Nomad
louiskathy wrote:
Wanapum Recreation Area
4511 Huntzinger Rd
Vantage, WA 98950
(509) 856-2700

Just on the west side of the Columbia River, SOUTH of I-90.
(At least you'll have some shade... and probably a little cool air coming off the River. Moses lake area can be hot, dusy and dry.)

Wanapum is closed because of the dam issues. ๐Ÿ˜ž

louiskathy
Explorer
Explorer
Wanapum Recreation Area
4511 Huntzinger Rd
Vantage, WA 98950
(509) 856-2700

Just on the west side of the Columbia River, SOUTH of I-90.
(At least you'll have some shade... and probably a little cool air coming off the River. Moses lake area can be hot, dusy and dry.)
Kathy

Pangaea_Ron
Explorer
Explorer
Here's a park that we have driven by, but not stayed at. It looked nice.

Look at Sprague Lake Resort.

I-90 is your best route, although it is in terrible condition from Cle Elum to North Bend, US-2 is prettier, but is North of Seattle and way out of your way. Tacoma is South of Seattle. Take the Issaquah to Auburn route towards Tacoma.
2008 Itasca SunCruiser 35L
2014 Honda AWD CR-V EX-L

Tom_Barb
Explorer
Explorer
jgrimes wrote:
Thx Tom but I plan to stay on (or close to) I 90. Coolee City would be a bit out of the way.

US 2 is an easier/prettier drive than I-90, brings you out at Everett, to I-5

I-90 takes way south prior to coming back up to the pass.
2000 Newmar mountain aire 4081 DP, ISC/350 Allison 6 speed, Wrangler JL toad.

jgrimes
Explorer
Explorer
Thx Tom but I plan to stay on (or close to) I 90. Coolee City would be a bit out of the way.