cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Need a nice clean ark near Lafayette, La

mema_poppop
Explorer
Explorer
My daughter and family is moving to Lafayette. We will probably spend 2 to 3 weeks at a time, maybe every 6 weeks. Looking for a clean campground. We have as 32' fifth wheel and still aren't the best at backing in tight spots. Heard Pooche's is nice, but dusty. Don't know if I want to put up with dust. We basically will only be sleeping there, and spending days at my daughters home. Won't be camping June through August. Appreciate any suggestions

Mema
9 REPLIES 9

mema_poppop
Explorer
Explorer
Thank You everyone for the info. Seems like we have a few choices. We'll be heading there this summer, not towing, just towing grandkids, and we surely will check out all these places
Mema

reubenray
Explorer
Explorer
sdianel wrote:
We liked Frog City RV Park in Duson LA 10 miles west of Lafayette. Reasonable weekly or monthly rates.

I am glad you like this one. I have an overnight stay reserved at Labor Day weekend heading West. I could not get any other parks without doing two nights.
2017 Newmar Ventana LE4037
2016 Chevy Equinox

sdianel_-acct_c
Explorer
Explorer
We liked Frog City RV Park in Duson LA 10 miles west of Lafayette. Reasonable weekly or monthly rates.
Lonny & Diane
2004 Country Coach Allure 33' "Big Blue"
Towing 2008 Chev Colorado 4x4
Semper Fi

BayouBoys
Explorer
Explorer
There's Maxie's just south a Lafayette along US Hwy 90. Minutes from the airport. It is not much for camping, really just a trailer park for RV's. Since you are just sleeping there no need to pay the high prices of Cajun Palms or KOA and much closer Poche's

I have never stayed there but have passed in front several hundred times. There are always RV's, Class A, 5th wheel as well as travel trailers. Hope this helps.

Here's a link to there website
2014 Passport 3220BH
2019 Ford F250 6.7L

wanderingdawgs
Explorer
Explorer
We stayed at Poche's in March, 2015. It rained the whole time we were there so we didn't experience any dust. All of the sites have paved pads with grass between the sites so the dust would have to come from the road. There is a lot of space between the sites and all of them are waterfront.

Despite the wet weather we really enjoyed our stay there. You can read about our stay there and see pictures of the park at Good Eats Hot Sauce and Rain in Cajun Country
Beth and Henry
2005 Chevy Silverado 2500 HD/CC/DA
2006 Titanium 29E34TS
wanderingdawgs.com

Crodad
Explorer
Explorer
Closer to Lafayette is the KOA in Scott. You may even check out the campground at the Lafayette's Acadiana park (

Lafayette, LA 70501

Between Lajaunie Rd and Summerhill Ln

(337) 291-8388

more info

It's next to the nature station. You will feel like you are in the woods, but will still be in the city limits.
2015 F-250 PSD 4x4 XLT
2016 Silverback 31RK

https://visitedstatesmap.com/image/ALAZARCOFLIDLAMSMTNVNMTNTXUTWYsm.jpg

bgum
Explorer
Explorer
Kit gave you the best place.

OutdoorPhotogra
Explorer
Explorer
Not close enough for commute but whole family should go to Chicot State Park for weekend. They have really nice cabins on the water for a reasonable price as well as campgrounds. Cabins are big enough for extended family. I can't speak for space for a 5th Wheel but I expect it's doable.

60 miles north of Lafayette. Probably 1:15 to 1:30 towing a 5er.
2008 Rockwood Signature Ultralite 5th Wheel
F-250 6.2 Gasser

Former PUP camper (Rockwood Popup Freedom 1980)

Kit_Carson
Explorer
Explorer
Cajun Palms RV Resort in Henderson is a very nice place. Give it a look. Henderson is just next door to Lafayette. Also, there is a city park in Lafayette, it's old and small but might just fit your needs.
KIT CARSON
GOOD SAM LIFE MEMBER
USAF VETERAN
ARS: KE5VLE
NORTHWEST LOUISIANA