cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Orange beach Alabama ?

Not applicable
Never been. Nice? Good place to go in early April? Route from Branson Mo. area down thru ark- ms. Looking at a class A resort on perdido blvd. No toad. Any thoughts on route and things to do there for older couple appreciated. Thanks
8 REPLIES 8

2gypsies1
Explorer
Explorer
purplekeenah wrote:
you might consider a stay at Bella Terra RV..... Price is VERY reasonable.

For a standard site here in April for a week comes to approx. $50/night.

(EDIT: Fixed the quote.)
Full-Timed for 16 Years
.... Back in S&B Again
Traveled 8 yr in a 40' 2004 Newmar Dutch Star Motorhome
& 8 yr in a 33' Travel Supreme 5th Wheel

purplekeenah
Explorer
Explorer
Orange Beach & Gulf Shores are our favorite areas to travel to. As an option, you might consider a stay at Bella Terra RV Resort which is on Brinks Willis Road, south of Foley off of Rt. 59 (approx. 8 miles). Beautiful, clean, quiet, spaceous sites. Price is VERY reasonable. Enterprise usually delivers rental cars to site in other locations, probably will do the same here.
2015 Newmar Dutchstar 4369
2013 Chevy Equinox

cindik
Explorer
Explorer
Gulf State Park is very nice. Beautiful area, we go there every June. Lots to see and do nearby.
IF YOU CAN'T STAND BEHIND OUR SOLDIERS, FEEL FREE TO STAND IN FRONT OF THEM
THE ONLY THING HARDER THAN BEING A SOLDIER, IS LOVING ONE

Our Photos

Not applicable
Thanks for responses. The class a resorts are pricy. Good for them if they get it. The fees/taxes add about 20-30%.

wowens79
Explorer III
Explorer III
It may be busy in April depending on when spring break hits. It is very family friendly even then, they let the college kids know they don't put up with craziness.

It's a great area, lots of great restaurants, beaches. Fishing in the area can be really good. The Cobia should be in the area by then.
2022 Ford F-350 7.3l
2002 Chevy Silverado 1500HD 6.0l 268k miles (retired)
2016 Heritage Glen 29BH
2003 Flagstaff 228D Pop Up

CharlesinGA
Explorer
Explorer
Might consider renting a car. Hertz, Enterprise, and 4 lane auto sales/rentals, all have locations on AL 59 north of Jack Edwards Airport, not far away, and Hertz has a sub location at Perdido Beach Resort, next to the cut between Perdido and Orange Beach. I'm sure any one would deliver anywhere you stay in the area, and well worth it if you plan on staying a week or two.

Lots of sea food to eat, not much else other than laying back and watching the surf unless you like fishing.

Charles

Charles
'03 Ram 2500 CTD, 5.9HO six speed, PacBrake Exh Brake, std cab, long bed, Leer top and 2008 Bigfoot 25B21RB.. previously (both gone) 2008 Thor/Dutchman Freedom Spirit 180 & 2007 Winnebago View 23H Motorhome.

K_Charles
Explorer
Explorer
I think the state park down the street is about $100 a night cheaper and the sites are bigger. I guess some people like to spend money but that's OK with me.

2oldman
Explorer II
Explorer II
Posts containing OB
"If I'm wearing long pants, I'm too far north" - 2oldman