cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Oregon RV Parks - Portland area

mmccray100
Explorer
Explorer
I'm currently parked in front of my son's house in Hillsboro, OR. I've been here for 3 weeks, but someone reported me, so I have to move. The city has a 24 hour limit and cannot be lived in.

I've been calling area parks and am frustrated. So far all have stated it's "company policy" to restrict the age of the coach to 10 years or less (mine is a 1998 Dolphin). One place even requires me to pay $30 for a Background Check! That place said they may let me in if I send them photos of my coach, I guess to see if it passes their 'standards".

Does anyone know of a reasonably priced facility that accepts aged
coaches? I need to stay in the area, until after New Years, for medical appointments

The parks I called are mostly on the East side of Portland, but I can stay most any area.

Thanks, Mike
11 REPLIES 11

ksg5000
Explorer
Explorer
There are two State Parks within 1/2 hr of Portland - Stub Stewart and Champoeg - this time of year full hookup is about $24 per night and should be pretty vacant.
Kevin

mmccray100
Explorer
Explorer
Yes, jmtandem, I did check them out and I will be moving there tomorrow. They, too, have an age restriction, no older than 1998, which is the model year of my Dolphin. So I just squeaked in!

jmtandem
Explorer II
Explorer II
Have you looked into Jantzen RV park on Hayden Island just north of Portland? I stayed there, it seemed to be nice. No background checks (at least not a few years ago).
'05 Dodge Cummins 4x4 dually 3500 white quadcab auto long bed.

Cottontop
Explorer
Explorer
http://www.freeguidetonwcamping.com/oregon_washington_main/Oregon/Portland_Area/Portland_Area.htm
Try this. good luck
1998 Beaver Patriot (Magnum)
FMCA- Good Sam - CAT (3126)
PT Cruiser AUTO with Remco 4down

Oasisbob
Explorer
Explorer
Have you tried
Southgate Trailer Park 7911 S.E. 82 Av
Flavel Trailer Park 8410 se. Flavel Street
Shady Lane Trailer Park 7410 s.e. 82 avenue

I liveed in all these many years back.
Oasis Bob
Wonderful wife 3 of 4 kids at home. 1 proudly serving in USAF
2018 Ford Explorer
2001 Bantam Trail Lite B-19

HAPPY TRAILS:)

Big_Katuna
Explorer II
Explorer II
On the other hand, your neighbors haven't served time for assault or felony theft.
My Kharma ran over my Dogma.

mmccray100
Explorer
Explorer
Portland Fairview is one of those with age restrictions.

I'm old enough that "Background" checks are new. There's nothing in my background that would get anyone's attention and I resent this $30.00 fee to prove that.

Thanks for all the responses.

Mike

mmccray100
Explorer
Explorer
More info on this topic;

I did find a Good Sam park that will give me a weekly rate (not monthly) for a pull-thru, and though they have an age restriction, it restricts to '98 or newer.

This "age" rule is apparently all over Oregon and Washington. So, though I consider Portland my home, I won't be coming back other than to visit family.

Mike

donn0128
Explorer II
Explorer II
donkeydew wrote:
Portland Fairview RV Park
i have never stayed there but it looks nice and have seen older rv's in it

The old ones are grandfathered in their trying to get rid of them. And yes, they will ask for a 30 dollar per person background check.

BTW there are a couple of old mfg home parks in SE Portland that have a few RV sites. The ones I remember are both on SE Division st.

donkeydew
Explorer
Explorer
Portland Fairview RV Park
i have never stayed there but it looks nice and have seen older rv's in it

donn0128
Explorer II
Explorer II
Rolling hills on Sandy Blvd. They have a lot of older RV's in there. Good parks will ask for a background check if your over 30 days.